PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Ef hatch Circuit Overload

southside
10-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Well I have a 1990 ef hatch (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/#) I got it and someone had started a wire tuck already.I havent checked any of there wires they did for the lights at all.But I have two codes one is 20 and the other is 6.I dont know why I have either codes only thing I can think of would be, When I did the injectors for multiport it says solder the yellow and black thick wire together with some other wires/wire. But all the connections I did were straight I soldered them correctly.But I dont think its the Engine harness I think its the wires they did for the lights because some are loss.Car (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/#) also has obd1 conversion also with o2 and other wires but they are all closed and taped.My friend told me it is along the lines of alternator wiring.Well I think it might be the alternator because I had same stuff in another hatch and had same code.Lmk what you guys think.Reps for good info

southside
10-14-2009, 09:38 AM
up

smote
10-14-2009, 09:53 AM
6-ECT Sensor (Engine Coolant Temperature) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
20-Electrical Load Detector defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

southside
10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
6-ECT Sensor (Engine Coolant Temperature) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
20-Electrical Load Detector defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
Already knew what the codes were just dont know the cause of 20 fixed 6 already.

southside
10-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Well found out that my alternator Diode was bad replaced it and still nothing.My check engine light stays on with the key out.And gets brighter when I turn lights on imma have to take my fenders off and check the wiring.

Black4DrEK
10-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Damn dog.. I HATE wires.. GL with it..

southside
10-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Damn dog.. I HATE wires.. GL with it..Thanks man not really dat bad just gotta get a warm day and wiring Diagram and I can figure it out.

bigdare23
10-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I wouldnt worry about the code 20 if your car is running okay. I had a code 20 for about 2 years now and my car is still running good, but if you are set on fixing it get another under the hood fuse box. The electric load sensor is built in that fuse box.

southside
10-19-2009, 12:21 PM
I wouldnt worry about the code 20 if your car is running okay. I had a code 20 for about 2 years now and my car is still running good, but if you are set on fixing it get another under the hood fuse box. The electric load sensor is built in that fuse box.mine wont start.

bigdare23
10-19-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't see both of those code preventing you from cranking your car. Actually my car is currently throwing both of the codes and running strong. Check you the wire to the temperature sensor on the head, and the wires to the temperature switch on the back on the block (unless you're not using a obd0 block, then it's on the thermostat housing).

southside
10-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't see both of those code preventing you from cranking your car. Actually my car is currently throwing both of the codes and running strong. Check you the wire to the temperature sensor on the head, and the wires to the temperature switch on the back on the block (unless you're not using a obd0 block, then it's on the thermostat housing).
Well Idk my car has spark and fuel,timing is correct and everything and only codes I have are 6 and 20:thinking:.So im just straight confused no im not using a obd0 block the block is from a obd1 car.All of my grounds are correct only thing I can think of is Eld.Because my black hatch ran but once I put the motor back in and it threw ELD it wouldnt start.

southside
10-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Found out all my grounds for lights had been cut.

RBS
10-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Found out all my grounds for lights had been cut.

then ground then out :slap:

southside
10-22-2009, 01:02 PM
then ground then out :slap:Your late and should have finished this mess from the get go.Found me a ls dizzy yet?