PDA

View Full Version : blue screen.

Buttons
10-13-2009, 10:32 AM
what the hell is it? my computer has done it twice already in less than 12 hours.

please help. do you think it has anything to do with the router I had put in yesterday night?

+ reps for help. i just don't want to lose the laptop. it has EVERYTHING of mine on it since I was about 10 or younger.

civicturbo10
10-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Does it say anything or is it just a blank blue screen? Go ahead and archive all of your data. If the data is important to you archive onto some type of media, IE cd. I have all of my data archived offsite so i am guaranteed to never loose data, b/c i have 3 copies floating around. You have to archive as reg. maintenance.

Black Mamba
10-13-2009, 01:02 PM
its called BLUE SCREEN OF DEATHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Buttons
10-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Does it say anything or is it just a blank blue screen? Go ahead and archive all of your data. If the data is important to you archive onto some type of media, IE cd. I have all of my data archived offsite so i am guaranteed to never loose data, b/c i have 3 copies floating around. You have to archive as reg. maintenance.

i'll try to check next time, hopefully there isn't a next time. it has happened twice, but not since early this morning.

Ms Dollar
10-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Agreed on blue screen of death. I lost a computer to that...definitely pull off everything that you need in case it happens again...you'll probably end up having to get a new pc.

Black Mamba
10-14-2009, 09:15 AM
I'd also reformat my comp

Buttons
10-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Agreed on blue screen of death. I lost a computer to that...definitely pull off everything that you need in case it happens again...you'll probably end up having to get a new pc.

oh fuck my life. it happened twice and hasn't happened again in over 24 hours. i'm crossing my fingers and i got some rewritable DVDs to put all my info on.

Black Mamba
10-14-2009, 12:13 PM
it can also be called a memory dump.. Many of new HP computers are experiencing that for some reason.. Then once you store it back to factory settings (system recovery), it solves the problem.