PDA

View Full Version : Misc I saw someone die at the gym today...

soxfan30
10-16-2005, 05:33 PM
So I'm working out at LA Fitness on N. Druid Hills, and I'm doing cardio on a bike, watching football, listening to my I-Pod...enjoying myself. I look over across the gym and I see an older man, probably 60s, on the floor, not moving. I thought at first he was just passed out or something, I've seen it happen before. The gym staff gets on the intercom and asks if there's a doctor or nurse in the building to go to the front immediately. Now, I'm not a doctor or a nurse, but I do know first aid. However, since it has been a few years since I've done anything like that, I'm not about to risk this man's chances. Anyways, a few people come over and work on him, and I knew things were bad when the gym staff got a defibulator out for him. There was no signs of life for at least 3-4 minutes. Finally the fire dept comes and they work the guy over, and I guess they got him stabilized and breathing again, because they were in no immediate rush to get the guy to the hospital. After they cleared him out, I talked briefly to one of the firemen, and he said that he was going to be okay and they were taking him to Emory. Pretty scary shit there...I don't know how one can work out while someone is in such bad shape on the ground. The gym staff were asking people to resume their workouts. Now even though I was of no help to them, I still felt somewhat selfish had I gone and continued my workout. I hope the guy is okay though...but it's still pretty scary to see something like that up close.

Hulud
10-16-2005, 06:07 PM
you LIE!
they didnt die

quickdodge®
10-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Why in the hell would you make a title to the thread that someone died when they didn't? That's pretty fucced up, dude. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
10-16-2005, 07:45 PM
so he didnt die ..

HalfBaked
10-16-2005, 07:48 PM
So who'd you see die?

The Ren
10-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Actually in medical terms.. the dude was clincally dead for about 5 min.... so he did kinda die..

soxfan30
10-16-2005, 08:26 PM
I explained in the thread that he came back to life...but he did die for a few minutes, even the firefighters told me when I asked. The title is the truth...the guy DID die, but then was brought back to life. I don't understand why people got so upset thinking that it's fucked up or whatever. It's truth.

thinkfast®
10-16-2005, 08:34 PM
fix the title! or its a -1 for you mister

quickdodge®
10-16-2005, 08:46 PM
I explained in the thread that he came back to life..
.but he did die for a few minutes, even the firefighters told me when I asked.

You never posted this, thus misleading people.

The title is the truth...the guy DID die, but then was brought back to life.

You might want to include the whole story next time.

don't understand why people got so upset thinking that it's fucked up or whatever. It's truth.

Because the way you made the story, it didn't seem he died at all. It made me think he actually was dead. Not brought back.

Maybe next time...take story-telling lessons before you post them on here and things will be better. As long as the story isn't stupid. Later, QD.

soxfan30
10-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Take story-telling lessons? Okay buddy. If you looked in the middle section, it said this:

"There was no signs of life for at least 3-4 minutes. Finally the fire dept comes and they work the guy over, and I guess they got him stabilized and breathing again"

If there's no sign of life, and the guy wasn't stabilized or breathing, he's dead. Plain and simple. I did post the entire story, but I guess you must have missed that part. Don't try and give me shit just because I'm new, because I feel like that's what you're trying to do. People don't appreciate being disrespected like that. Anyways, if you have anything else to add, you can PM me.

quickdodge®
10-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Take story-telling lessons? Okay buddy. If you looked in the middle section, it said this:

"There was no signs of life for at least 3-4 minutes. Finally the fire dept comes and they work the guy over, and I guess they got him stabilized and breathing again"

If there's no sign of life, and the guy wasn't stabilized or breathing, he's dead. Plain and simple. I did post the entire story, but I guess you must have missed that part.

Sorry, buddy(I didn't realize we knew each other for you to call me that). You still mislead with your title. Did they pronounce him dead? If not, then technically, he wasn't.

Don't try and give me shit just because I'm new, because I feel like that's what you're trying to do.

It isn't the fact that your new. I just questioned your story. No more/no less. Call it want you want.

Anyways, if you have anything else to add, you can PM me.

OOOpss. Sorry. I forgot about this part. Later, QD.

C22H19N3O4
10-16-2005, 09:23 PM
The post shouldn't even be in this section. It's off topic. Read what this forum is about. You could have phrased the title in a more appropriate manner. I see people die on a weekly basis but I don't walk around like it's a red badge of courage.

soxfan30
10-16-2005, 09:23 PM
OOOpss. Sorry. I forgot about this part. Later, QD.

Wow...you're so cool...how can I be like you?

Seriously man, it's an internet forum, and you're acting like some big shot. Doesn't impress me one bit...but if it'll stop your nitpicking, I'll go ahead and change the title so that way, you won't have anything to cry about.

soxfan30
10-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Did I make it seem like it was a red badge of courage? No, I was talking about something that I saw today, and it's related to health and wellness because it happened at a gym. I didn't see that you had a section devoted to death or near-death.

quickdodge®
10-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Wow...you're so cool...how can I be like you?

Just hang around for a while and you'll eventually catch on.

Seriously man, it's an internet forum, and you're acting like some big shot.

That's because I am. Check out my signature and the two titles I hold on here.

Doesn't impress me one bit..

I'm married, so I'm not trying to.

.but if it'll stop your nitpicking, I'll go ahead and change the title so that way, you won't have anything to cry about.

Oh, I'm not crying. In fact, the exact opposite. I'm actually lolol-ing at you over this. Later, QD.

soxfan30
10-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Wow, you hold two internet forum awards. They're not titles by any means...do you have belts, or plaques, or trophies?

The Ren
10-16-2005, 09:38 PM
wow this whole thing was taken way out of proportion...

quickdodge®
10-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Wow, you hold two internet forum awards. They're not titles by any means...do you have belts, or plaques, or trophies?

Yea, actually I have many. Oh and nice signature. This is gonna be sooo much fun.

wow this whole thing was taken way out of proportion...

Tell me about it. Later, QD.

ruah_23
10-16-2005, 09:48 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: I can't stop laughing from reading Qd's Responses. No you can't tell whether the guy is dead unless you have a ECG monitor to tell you that the heart is no longer breathing. Most adult that went into cardiac arrest are usually in Ventricular Fibrilation that's mean their heart is still moving but barely so he's still alive whether you think there's no life out of him.

quickdodge®
10-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Love your signature, too. But I actually mean it. Later, QD.

soxfan30
10-16-2005, 09:53 PM
They had an ECG monitor when the firefighters arrived. I got a good look at it from where I was standing. There was nothing going on for a few minutes until they got him breathing and shit again and then you saw activity on the screen.

ruah_23
10-17-2005, 06:29 AM
They had an ECG monitor when the firefighters arrived. I got a good look at it from where I was standing.

Oh really and what rhym is he in?...since u think u can read an EKG.

soxfan30
10-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Okay wiseass, I never said I knew how to read one, I only said I was able to see the screen from where I was standing and from where I was standing, nothing was going on.

thinkfast®
10-17-2005, 11:01 PM
LOL he said wiseass. what a moron.

you said,

They had an ECG monitor when the firefighters arrived. I got a good look at it from where I was standing. There was nothing going on for a few minutes until they got him breathing and shit again and then you saw activity on the screen

what screen might this be, dunsky? first you dont change your title like people have been requesting, then you go getting all defensive. Thats a real scumbag move on your part, homey. piece of shit, you are [/yoda talk]

The Ren
10-18-2005, 12:50 AM
LOL he said wiseass. what a moron.

you said,

what screen might this be, dunsky? first you dont change your title like people have been requesting, then you go getting all defensive. Thats a real scumbag move on your part, homey. piece of shit, you are [/yoda talk]

wow.. calm the hell down.. you guys getting all fucking pissy about this shit.. PMS week for the men im assuming?

soxfan30
10-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Well first off, as far as I could tell, there's no way for me to change the title of the thread once it was started. Secondly, if you look right above the first post in the thread where I told the story, I changed it there. And the screen I was looking at was the monitor on the ECG machine. If you could read clearly I said before I could see the ECG monitor from where I was standing...and you're calling me a moron?

DrivenMind
10-18-2005, 01:37 AM
lucky guy,

thinkfast®
10-18-2005, 08:43 AM
and you're calling me a moron?

yes. THEY DIDN'T DIE MORON!!!

soxfan30
10-18-2005, 10:23 AM
He's not dead now, but like I said before, when I talked to the firefighters after they had carted him out, they said he was gone for a few minutes. So technically he did die for a few minutes, hence I saw someone die at a gym...you guys are getting way too uptight about this.

thinkfast®
10-18-2005, 10:25 AM
I just dislike misleading threads. Anyone else w/ me?? I am disgusted... :( :(

THATS SOMEONES FAMILY YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!1 HAVE YOU NO SHAME??!?

soxfan30
10-18-2005, 10:32 AM
I don't have any shame, but thanks for asking.

99ITRGIRL
10-20-2005, 05:11 PM
i thought he died! I had to read that pasrt twice that said he was breathing. Good for him.