PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV where the wild things are

THEONE
10-13-2009, 01:45 AM
anyone else gonna check it out?????i cant wait to take my son to see this friday,everytime i see a preview it reminds me of him an being a kid....im pumped!!!

i get my jaw unwired and i get to take my son to see a what looks to be a cool movie on the same day!!!,either way it will be cool to spend more time with him,,,ahh the joys of being a daddy and movie buff :D :D :D

goi_ek
10-13-2009, 01:49 AM
yea i wanna see it too, it reminds me when of simpler time lol

j0nbunklah0m
10-13-2009, 02:21 AM
it looks creepy lol

Hulud
10-13-2009, 10:43 AM
dunno if i will see it. think it may be bad. loved the book though

Kevykev
10-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Damn forget the movie, why was your jaw wired?

punkr6
10-13-2009, 12:31 PM
looking forward to seeing it this weekend...

The Youngn
10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm young as it is but I have grown up relatively quick. I try to re-live my childhood through my little cousins and nephews by taking them to do kid stuff. I just think this movie would be great because it will allow everyone to do that, no matter what age they're at. I'm definitely going to watch this

Nerdsrock22
10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Looks pretty awesome, esp the animation.

Plus it has the Arcade Fire in the preview. :goodjob:

deathrex
10-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Mmmmmmm the lady friend and I are so pumped to go see this at the drive in on Friday night!!! I miss being a kid. Loved the book. Will def bring me back to simpler times.

punkr6
10-16-2009, 11:07 PM
seen it tonight, really can't find the words to do it justice. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. The costumes were awesome but the movie just wasn't something you walk away from saying " that was a great movie " I didn't read the book, so I can't compare the two...

THEONE
10-16-2009, 11:50 PM
seen it tonight, really can't find the words to do it justice. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. The costumes were awesome but the movie just wasn't something you walk away from saying " that was a great movie " I didn't read the book, so I can't compare the two...

i wanted to take my son to see it tonight,i could not i spent to much at the dr's office today and the work i had done. im gonna take him next friday for sure.

if you had to describe how the movie was from to point of view of a 6yr old what would you say? i think thats what you need to try and do,give it a review with the child in ya..... in mind :D

punkr6
10-17-2009, 01:49 PM
i wanted to take my son to see it tonight,i could not i spent to much at the dr's office today and the work i had done. im gonna take him next friday for sure.

if you had to describe how the movie was from to point of view of a 6yr old what would you say? i think thats what you need to try and do,give it a review with the child in ya..... in mind :D

if i was a 6yr old, I would have enjoyed it a lot more I'm sure...

ATL_EG
10-17-2009, 02:14 PM
i loved the book, but was kind of let down by the movie, but i guess it was kind of hard to make a two hour movie out of a two paragraph book.

sumixali
10-17-2009, 04:15 PM
^x2

did anyone else just feel kinda alone and weird after the movie haha or was it just me?

i love the book! and the movie was good but it was a totally different experience seeing the movie and kinda being strung around for 2 hours ... i just dont know to describe this.

OhMyGodfather
10-17-2009, 10:22 PM
The production quality, voice acting, were amazing. Great movie.

Terrible story though. The story achieved nothing good, and you definitely dont leave the theater saying "Wow, that movie made me feel wonderful."

None of the characters grew up, learned anything, or gained anything. They remained the same as they were when the film started.

It was an hour in a half of great CGI and great cinematography, and thats all there is to it.

Nerdsrock22
10-19-2009, 02:50 PM
did anyone else just feel kinda alone and weird after the movie haha or was it just me?

Dude yeah, like I really liked it, but I didn't leave feeling all that great. :thinking:

bonezMTA
10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
read the book when i was younger... really want to see it.