PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods b20 vtec supercharged 11 psi w? GSR CAMS???

jap_racer1
10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
just seeing what some other people think about this well my turbo build went to shit because of stock valves so i have a b20z with a b16 head i just put together with a jackson racing supercharger and i am thinking about putting gsr cams in it thought i would see what everyone else thinks?

i wanna hear the pros and cons so let me know?

ls-r teg
10-12-2009, 05:57 PM
u will love it

j0natell0
10-12-2009, 11:50 PM
ive heard b16 heads with gsr cams for FI is really good.

not really anything for NA though

THEONE
10-13-2009, 12:49 AM
sounds good and all,but where does 11psi come from? what happens at 11psi? is it the same a when you hit vtec lololol...

just askin, cause normally you pick a hp goal based on budget and what you got in suspension and traction and tires and the type of drivin your gonna do ,decide how far your willing to go,,,and go from there,one guy with 11psi might make more than another guy with 11psi depending on the build, so i ask why 11psi ??

so who cares about psi,build it strong and go from there,15psi dont impress me when 10psi and a good tune and build will own 15psi..... i ran 12 psi on a stock zc and i made less power than 8psi tuned on a stock zc i did go fig.. right??? psi dont mean crap its all in the build and tune ...bottom line....

why not ask what will it take to make 300whp if thats what your askin,cause it sounds like your on the right track..its just enough with the psi numbers i dont get that i hate hearin i wanna run 1billion psi what should i do.... not annoyed by you just the same thing in general over and over and over,just build the damn thing and tell us how it went for cripes sake lol....i mean does magic happen when you hit 11psi..i guess it like being in vtec..a magical place only true racers know i just hit VTEC yo!! i just hit 11psi YO!!....hehehe

no more im gonna run 200000psi and get to the point i wanna make this much power, here is what i got,can i reach it with my engine combo..and more importantly my realistic budget......

good luck with your project....

ls-r teg
10-13-2009, 04:41 AM
^ the super charger max's out at 11psi that's why

PROŽ
10-13-2009, 07:51 AM
hey!, ive wanted to do a b20vtec with supercharger!

^ the super charger max's out at 11psi that's why

^what he said.

be careful with your b20 sleeves @ 11psi

ls-r teg
10-13-2009, 07:59 AM
the sleeves will be fine man dont worry about it!

jap_racer1
10-13-2009, 08:09 AM
the sleeves will be fine man dont worry about it!

Ya I am not worried about the sleeves because it's just the Jackson racing supercharger i was going to go back boost but i got such a good deal on all this stuff I'm just going to do this I actually do have some stuff for sale I'll post it up soon

PROŽ
10-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Ya I am not worried about the sleeves because it's just the Jackson racing supercharger i was going to go back boost but i got such a good deal on all this stuff I'm just going to do this I actually do have some stuff for sale I'll post it up soon

goodluck. after its all said and done, lemme know how much power it puts down!:goodjob:

jap_racer1
10-13-2009, 09:40 PM
goodluck. after its all said and done, lemme know how much power it puts down!:goodjob:

Ya well now I got a problem I hav an aluminum pulley that's is smaller than stock I have an ls pulley and I have a b20 crv pulley whch is bigger than stock the small pulley aluminum will put me at about 8 lb the ls will put me at about 10-11 the crv will put me at 12-13 what should I do I want the most but I want reliable so the sooner the better

98blackcivic
10-13-2009, 10:05 PM
reps to THEONE for the explanation

pnp head, better valvetrain with type R cams and get some new valves man wtf
then supercharge that bitch

scttydb411
10-16-2009, 08:42 PM
don't go over 11psi or iat go through the roof which kills power and motors. i would recommned the lht intercooler upgrade for the jackson. www.lhtperformance.net

jap_racer1
10-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Ok I have a 8 lb pulley on the supercharger and the crv pulley I calculat 10-11 psi it's together thank god and I will have the dyno results on wedsday hopefully