PDA

View Full Version : (KYB): AGX over GR2

mrniceguy311
10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
basically everything ive seen/heard about the AGX is that theyre just overall better. my 96 accord is quite heavy and low. right now its sitting on stock struts and coilovers (sadly) but very shortly looking to purchase struts. so i guess the question is, will the AGX be enough to handle my daily driver? :thinking:

Franco Tirador
10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
go with tokicos, better yet koni yellow

.blank cd
10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
If you can hold out, Function/Form makes a set of coilovers for your your car for under 700 bucks that way out perform those AGXs

RBS
10-12-2009, 02:40 PM
If you can hold out, Function/Form makes a set of coilovers for your your car for under 700 bucks that way out perform those AGXs

thats because their full bodied coilovers :slap:

if your looking at purchasing just struts, kyb AGX or tokiko illumina's will do fine, they will do even better if you can make yourself some extended tophats

.blank cd
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
thats because their full bodied coilovers :slap:Did you forget to read my whole post? I said IF YOU CAN HOLD OUT...

Why spend 400 bucks on shocks an springs when a couple weeks down the road you'd have the money and you'll be kicking yourself in the ass cause you can't go that low.

csmiths
10-12-2009, 04:54 PM
my agx were good when i had them on my ef. my car was all the way down that i could get it to go and it rode pretty good.

.blank cd
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
That's cool, but that ef weighs just north of a paperclip. Were talking about an accord. I'm saying this because I've had sleeves with stock, gr2s, agx's, and now function forms.

silverDA
10-12-2009, 05:21 PM
skunk2 sport shocks get my vote/

mrniceguy311
10-13-2009, 11:16 AM
go with tokicos, better yet koni yellow

i would love to get tokico illuminas. but i cant find a good deal with a good warranty. by buddy told me to straight just talk to tokico. but not tell them exactly how low i am cuz they may not offer warranty. but what would be tight is tokico illumina or koni yellow for front and like tokico blue for the rear. :goodjob: just figured id ask people on here.

Franco Tirador
10-13-2009, 11:34 AM
i would love to get tokico illuminas. but i cant find a good deal with a good warranty. by buddy told me to straight just talk to tokico. but not tell them exactly how low i am cuz they may not offer warranty. but what would be tight is tokico illumina or koni yellow for front and like tokico blue for the rear. :goodjob: just figured id ask people on here.

it would be good if you could get the same struts all around

since im cheap i had koni yellows in the front and illuminas in the back, did not get to enjoy it much, car was wrecked

but in your case i would say Koni fronts, if not at least illuminas, for the rear hps would do