PDA

View Full Version : How is the economy affecting you? -Poll-

YoTa_BoX
10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I was just wondering how this economy is affecting every ones life.

You don't have to give a story, or really say anything if you dont want to. Im putting up a poll with just simple straight forward answers.

For me, Its sucks pretty bad right now. I co own a body shop with my father, and its miserably slow. Any work we do get in, everything seems to be totaling out. And the jobs that dont total out, the customer keeps the insurance check. I cant blame them, I understand how hard it is right now for most people.

I understand if some think this may be to personal of a question, but i felt like this would be a good opportunity to show we are all in this together, and to keep going, and dont give up if times are hard.

Poll will be up asap.

ls-r teg
10-12-2009, 11:13 AM
im recession free...

YoTa_BoX
10-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Poll is up now.

BKgen®
10-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Up until about a month ago, I was definitely hovering around -1/-2.... But now I've got a great job that pays me very well and I'm up around the +1.5 area.

quickdodge®
10-12-2009, 11:22 AM
I haven't worked in 2 months and still have 2 months left to go until I can go back. I've turned down two jobs during that time span. And I'm good.

+2 for me. Later, QD.

ls-r teg
10-12-2009, 11:29 AM
got injured or something?

I haven't worked in 2 months and still have 2 months left to go until I can go back. I've turned down two jobs during that time span. And I'm good.

+2 for me. Later, QD.

Nemesis
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
The type of company I work for it does better when things are down. I havent really been affected at all.

My girlfriend is a registered dental hygenist, and I can honestly say from her last paycheck...things arent affecting her either lol

Elbow
10-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Hasn't really effected me bad, and I am extremely grateful for it. Real issues are my sales have dropped very slightly, detail business has not been hurt at all, or my part time job. I can't say things are 100% as my sales brought in most income, but I am stable and have extra money.

MachNU
10-12-2009, 12:01 PM
effected me. I am the 0 option. My business is a luxury for people, and with alot of people not making the money they use to, they arent spending on things near asmuch.

bdydrpdmazda
10-12-2009, 12:04 PM
im doing pretty good for myself and cant really complain. even before the army called me back in my wife and i had very good paying jobs so all is well around my home.

02SloWrx
10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I lost my job.

FAM0U5
10-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Everything WAS great... had 2 companies now I have none, no job so no income. Im glad I had a place paid off for 2 years just incase something happend. Well Im trying to get myself back on top atm struggling with court because of the 2nd company I had was taken from me, and now I cant even pay my lawyer to have some help in the court system.. so my life is pretty shitty from where its been.

CLIFFS:
- had 2 companies
- good life
- was getting married
- my dad went to jail
- I lost it all
- not getting married
- now im broke
- selling my stuff to pay bills and feed myself
- no job

To top it off I have no car to move around to get a job, supra has no tune and I have no money to tune it.. sigh F.M.L.

punkr6
10-12-2009, 01:03 PM
i'm very lucky, i work for a great co. that has never laid off...

AnthonyF
10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Was +2 now 0. My money depleted greatly in the past 6 months. We have slowly picked back up at the shop. Trying my best to break my ass to make that extra buck.

-Ant.

95alty
10-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Im at a +1... Still getting my military pay check and what not and doing security for a company. Finally paid off the bimmer and almost all my bills. So far not bad for a 21 year old :)

BluesClues
10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm at 0. Technically I don't live paycheck to paycheck because I don't make a paycheck (I work as a server, I make tips). I need a better job, but can't really get a good job because I have no degree. I am in school working on a degree but until then I am stuck where I am and it is not even guaranteed (been getting harassed a lot lately). Being that I work in the food industry, people are not eating out as much as they used to so I have def. seen a decline in my income.

BanginJimmy
10-12-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm sitting at 0 right now because of debt from the 2 years I wasn't working. With no other changes I would be sitting at a 2 if it wasn't for the debt.

David88vert
10-12-2009, 02:56 PM
+2 - I was already making really good money, now it looks like I'm about to be getting a significant move to a more stable position in the company, a substantial raise, and better benefits. I've been investing, and paying off debt, and generally improving my long term outlook.

eraser4g63
10-12-2009, 03:37 PM
The economy has made work a lot busier with people trying to kill them selfs but other that that i just got a raise and my wife should be getting one here shortly.

SUBY_RUE
10-12-2009, 05:26 PM
The body shop business has droped off alot, people are taking checks from the insurance co, and not fixing there cars... sux for me :(

Total_Blender
10-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm not doing too bad, I didn't get a raise this year so when you count inflation I'm actually losing a little money.

Most of my co-workers are getting furloughed 7 or 8 days this year, luckily I scraped right under the salary amount they sat the bar at for who gets furloughs. Sucks for my co-workers though.:doh:

When people leave we are leaving their positions un-filled because theres no money in the budget to add people, and I'm taking on their projects/responsibilities so once the economy picks up and I graduate in December I will get promoted up a level. :goodjob:

We're not buying as many new materials, but theres enough work processing donated stuff in storage to keep us busy for quite a while.

neon_ert3
10-13-2009, 09:42 AM
im somewhere in between +2 and -2 lol. my jobs been goin great! but i have a creditor calling me now about this gap insurance that my bank refused to pay. guess this is gonna have to go to court ......

Humphrizzle
10-15-2009, 03:48 AM
i still get the same hours, but when i deliver, my income doesnt bulge from tips anymore.

1sickdc2
10-23-2009, 12:10 AM
pay check from pay check

ScrapMetalDSM
10-23-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm with Humphries.

I gave a +1, because up until this past week I was at a plus 2, but the past week and a little before I've been getting shitty ass tips or the deliveries have been really low in count, resulting in poor cash take home pay. But I still get 37 hours a week delivering pizzas. A good dday for me used to be 90+ cash, now its 60 ish for a good day. Itll catch up to me and soon ill be on the 0 or -1 mark if it doesnt get better. Tonight I made 28 dollars.....yippee

slowinmidga
10-23-2009, 02:06 PM
I gave it a 2 since I am federal civil service and my COLA and step raises come in on time everytime.

Justin51982
10-27-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm in Insurance which means, more or less, recession proof!

Justin51982
10-27-2009, 10:09 AM
im somewhere in between +2 and -2 lol. my jobs been goin great! but i have a creditor calling me now about this gap insurance that my bank refused to pay. guess this is gonna have to go to court ......

My company sell GAP insurance a lot cheaper than the dealerships. If you need help PM me and I will see what I can do to hook you up.

HatchHero
11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
at +1 right now. got fired at my job back in june. my buddy started a shop so im making a little to pay the mortgage. my wife is a full time teacher so that helps. my heart goes out to those who are need of help just hang in there live below your means and throw that image is everything mentality out the door

ScrapMetalDSM
11-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Update from me. Business is picking up, and money is coming back in pretty steadily, lets see if its long term or short term. Too bad all this money is spent getting my car ready for the road ::facepalm::

Slomaro Z28
11-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm making it, but I am working a position higher than I get paid for. They say they can give any raises right now(BS).

Vteckidd
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
+2 for now. My sales have increased, which is funny because like others i sell luxury items. Things people need to make their car faster, and its hard for people to justify that right now.

But my demographic is mostly males from ages 18-25. So as long as they have minimum wage jobs, or mom and dad have money, they can afford to buy my product. The RSX and SI customers i have, they seem to make more money than the average civic./integra owner so they dont seem as effected.

I havent been splurging like i used to, been saving my money and basically i only mod my own car if its money i can make off stuff that has nothing to do with my business. I have a good bit saved in case stuff happens in the future.

My business takes a great deal of capital though, like every month im investing $10,000 + on new items and new orders, and i have small amounts of credit so its mostly cash based. I try to stay as liquid as possible, there are times where i will swing from one end of the pendulum to the other within a few hours just based upon how much i invest and what i have coming in. It gets stressful but it always works out so i cant complain.

At the moment i am trying to find a decent full time job that pays me just for security reasons. My business is 99% online, so i dont really need to be at home all day doing it. It runs itself right now i just need to answer emails and phone calls, that can easily be done after hours of a reg job.

Basically trying to bank as much as i can right now so i can move to the caymans in 2-3 years :P

Currently have a job offer in Washington DC im weighing my options on

DirtyDB
11-15-2009, 07:40 AM
+2 for me right now because im in the military...but even before i joined i was only at +1, thank god for roomates lol....and i had a good job

BanginJimmy
11-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Currently have a job offer in Washington DC im weighing my options on

DC is expensive as fuck though. I wouldnt move out there unless my life depended on it.

FleeceJhnsn
11-15-2009, 04:09 PM
i was +2 but now im around +1 since i started school.

i work in a machine shop as a welder and machinist. part of our shop does some high part count production runs, and of course that started slowing down.

but we also have some very loyal customers that continually need jobs done, so that helps. things definitely were gettin' pretty slim about a month ago, but maybe things are looking up. seems like in machine shop you will be real busy one month, or for 4-5 months in row, then nothin.

the only reason im in +1 now is since i started school im not working full time and that really affected me

zspeed24
11-19-2009, 05:35 AM
i was +2 but now im around +1 since i started school.

i work in a machine shop as a welder and machinist. part of our shop does some high part count production runs, and of course that started slowing down.

but we also have some very loyal customers that continually need jobs done, so that helps. things definitely were gettin' pretty slim about a month ago, but maybe things are looking up. seems like in machine shop you will be real busy one month, or for 4-5 months in row, then nothin.

the only reason im in +1 now is since i started school im not working full time and that really affected me

Thats the truth i work in a shop too its like we will be nonstop for two weeks and then slow as hell for three.

NAMNORI
11-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Working two fucking jobs to support a family I'm about to lose due to the fact I work about 60-80hrs a week. yeah the economy is definitly hitting me where it hurts.........at home!!!!!

YoTa_BoX
01-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Working two fucking jobs to support a family I'm about to lose due to the fact I work about 60-80hrs a week. yeah the economy is definitly hitting me where it hurts.........at home!!!!!

Damn dude, im sorry to hear that. The only thing i can say is ill be praying for you and your family that things get better.

BanginJimmy
01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Well I am officially a +2 now. My wife started her new job last week and she is making about 5k more than at the job she was laid off from.

GIXXERDK
01-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Business is down 20% for us, we cut hours to even out. Opened a 2nd business on very favorable terms.

Kevykev
01-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm doing really well in life, I have the things that people aspire for: (Great Relationship with God [some folks want that], Great Marriage [most of us want that], Money in the bank from hard work [most can appreciate that], "Nice Houses" [Not Mtv Cribs status but you know..], Investments etc. etc. )

In terms of business, I'm maintaining. Business is like the Georgia Scorcher: 1 solid quarter, 1 ok quarter, 1 solid, 1 decent etc. etc.

But in terms of what truly matters in life, I'm good! :)