PDA

View Full Version : need some suggestions on tools to get...

Schugg
10-16-2005, 01:40 PM
I dont know if this is the right area for this post but i need to know what type of compressors, air tools, and ratchets are the best? i have nothing but old ass tools at my house. whats the proce range for most of this stuff? im planning on buy some of it because im tired of fucking things up on my car cause i dont have the right tools to do it. as for compressor size, im looking for something that holds enough to work on cars, with out haveing to wait for it to fill up alot.

punkr6
10-16-2005, 01:55 PM
as for as air tools go,go with CP-chicago pnumatic,and IR ingersol-rand

Spyder
10-16-2005, 02:02 PM
I dont know if this is the right area for this post but i need to know what type of compressors, air tools, and ratchets are the best? i have nothing but old ass tools at my house. whats the proce range for most of this stuff? im planning on buy some of it because im tired of fucking things up on my car cause i dont have the right tools to do it. as for compressor size, im looking for something that holds enough to work on cars, with out haveing to wait for it to fill up alot.

Unless you know what you are doing air tools dont do anything but allow you to fuck something up faster lol.

here are some basics to remember. as a rule the less expensive the air tool the less time it will last and the less you can use it constantly before it breaks. Same applies to air compressors. the smaller cheapo ones that like walmart sells could last years if all you are doing is filling up bike tires and balls for the kids. however, if you plan to use it with an impact or even worse something like a DA you need a large compressor. mine is 80 gallons and has never ever run below 100 psi when using a DA. The smaller the compressor tank the more often the motor is going to have to run to fill it back up, also there is a good chance it will run down on air pressure to the point it isnt even worth using.. 50 psi or so thru an impact... may as well not have it at all lol.

Depending on yuor budget, name brand things are the way to go even though they cost a bit more initally you will have alot less problems with them in the long haul. as with any tool.

Schugg
10-16-2005, 02:58 PM
haha yah ive used air tools at my friends and work. i dont really plan on it much, but if i used it for tightening ill only use it to get it close to tight then ill hand tighten it. the one think i hate about stuff like that is i cant really tell how tight it is. like right now, im needing it to put my rear disc brakes, and front camber kit on. and to get my damn wheels off cause last time i got tires i think they use a impact to put them on. or ive just got incredebly weak since the and cant get them off by hand with a 4way