PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Boosted K or Boosted H2B

sncracing1
10-11-2009, 04:21 PM
OK so i got me a new hatch and i can't decide exactly where i wanna go with it im boosted either a H2B or a K. Anyone done one or the other. Its going in a EG.,

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m45/sncracing1/rotas3.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m45/sncracing1/rotas4.jpg

punkr6
10-11-2009, 05:13 PM
hope you got deep pockets...

Arm&hammer
10-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Why would you do boosted h2b?
Wouldn't it be better to just have boosted h22 with h22 trans?
if money wasn't a problem i would do boosted k24 with k20 head and tranny.

scttydb411
10-11-2009, 05:49 PM
if money isn't the issue then i vote boosted k. either k20a2 or k24block k20a2 head.

Dirka Dirka
10-11-2009, 05:58 PM
H2B no doubt...k is extremely overpriced and plus i not a k fan at all anyways. :) lol

jcs
10-12-2009, 07:13 AM

real deep x2:bling:

Axix23
10-12-2009, 07:15 AM
this is an easy choice.. k20 > all

Formally...
10-12-2009, 07:55 AM
If money no problem then boosted K series.

What are your goals for the car?

Just_CHill
10-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Man that hatch look familiar..... LOL, congratz on the new hatch. Wish I could have bought it though!

If you are trying to do it all at once then sure you have to have deep pockets. But if you take your time then you don't have to spend a bunch of cash all at once. But I definitely vote on the boosted K. K24a1 bottom with the K20a2 head with some internals done. That is a dream setup for me... Maybe one day I will be able to build such a beast...

Black Mamba
10-12-2009, 08:09 AM
K ftw

masonhenson
10-12-2009, 08:21 AM
pshhh
if money is any of an issue do h22a boosted with m2b4 tranny.. lsd i think? maybe its the m2y4...

if its not an issue do k24a with k20a2 head and type s tranny with a gt42r!

EJdm
10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
boost k all the way...

SPOOLIN
10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I will go K in a few years ...BUT...maybe not...just depends. really only because it allows for different setups that are convenient in the bay and they make gobs of power easily.

THE fastest FWD cars out there hands down that are powered by honda are b series..in every class except ALL MOTOR.
There are highly funded k series cars in those turbo classes that have yet to go as fast.

Current General Consensus:
Turbo FI: B series
All motor monster: K series

the B series will NEVER EVER make as much power as the k series can unless you are running nitro methane.

ekcivic1991
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
if you have enough money to put into a honda
then buy something else and start wtih my power stock

SPOOLIN
10-12-2009, 01:56 PM
if you have enough money to put into a honda
then buy something else and start wtih my power stock

which would be....

JuStCrUzIn
10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
which would be....

ide also like to know...

Jdm94Coupe
10-12-2009, 03:29 PM
ide also like to know...

nothing worth him posting up

sncracing1
10-12-2009, 05:47 PM
ok to fill in the blank money is not going to be an option when its said and done im not rushing out to buy one tonight because im not paying for this one:cheers: I had a h2b hatch before and loved it stock for stock it would take a kswap plus it was a hell of alot cheaper but like a dumbass i let the old lady convince me to get rid of it(which turned out to be a good idea) Because she misses it just as much as i do so shes paying for this one! Damn i love her lol. Im gonna completely build it but i guess thats where im confused why isnt there any boosted Kswaps running with the B series?

sncracing1
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM
I will go K in a few years ...BUT...maybe not...just depends. really only because it allows for different setups that are convenient in the bay and they make gobs of power easily.

THE fastest FWD cars out there hands down that are powered by honda are b series..in every class except ALL MOTOR.
There are highly funded k series cars in those turbo classes that have yet to go as fast.

Current General Consensus:
Turbo FI: B series
All motor monster: K series

the B series will NEVER EVER make as much power as the k series can unless you are running nitro methane.

And i dont guess id mind going with a B just figured if i started with more base i could push more out of it....kinda that no replacement for displacement thing... and i know thats wierd to say with a damn 4banger but ive built my share of v8s but this is where im at right now?

ekcivic1991
10-12-2009, 06:34 PM
woah i didnt mean more power after the built motor. I just ment buy a wrx stock

SPOOLIN
10-12-2009, 08:30 PM
ok ok, what do you want to do with the car....drag car?, street demon?, road race/autocross/time attack?

Theres no replacement for displacement right, but i just now personally saw the first 1000hp K series i've heard of. B's have been making over 1000hp for a few years now.

FasTech
10-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I say go with the H-swap. Less money but still good amounts or hp & tq. Honestly, my opinion is go with a beastly boosted D-series.

sncracing1
10-12-2009, 09:01 PM
ok ok, what do you want to do with the car....drag car?, street demon?, road race/autocross/time attack?

Theres no replacement for displacement right, but i just now personally saw the first 1000hp K series i've heard of. B's have been making over 1000hp for a few years now.

It depends i mean i wanna drive it around some but i guess more of a street car i wanna leave it full interior. I would like to push about 500hp or so i dont care to go to 1000hp yet! maybe one day but what is my cut off power wise for running pump gas? i mean i know i can run water/ethonal injection to help correct?

FasTech
10-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Fully built D-series. Hit up JJspec. They'll hook you up. You can have a fully built d-series street car with full interior pushing close to those numbers.

SPOOLIN
10-12-2009, 09:38 PM
please dont use the meth band aid. 93 octane can support 500ish before its just stupid. Or...you could set the car up to run e85 and make as much as you want on 2.30 pump fuel. I say go K if its going to be a street demon. The range of power will be retarded.

I may do the e85 fuel setup on my car over the winter. It can support 1000hp so far...

masonhenson
10-12-2009, 10:11 PM
SPOOLIN,
you said b conquers all but all motor... who owns at that? H?

sncracing1
10-13-2009, 07:04 AM
please dont use the meth band aid. 93 octane can support 500ish before its just stupid. Or...you could set the car up to run e85 and make as much as you want on 2.30 pump fuel. I say go K if its going to be a street demon. The range of power will be retarded.

I may do the e85 fuel setup on my car over the winter. It can support 1000hp so far...

93 is what i want but i could do e85 just figured 93 was easier. ok the wife says after i ran everything by her im going K so i dont guess i have a choice.... lol ok what turbo setup should i be lookin at to get a bout 500hp out of it?

sncracing1
10-13-2009, 07:07 AM
like as far as injector and turbo size and i shout have like head work and pistons and rods and some type of sleeves?

SPOOLIN
10-13-2009, 07:25 AM
gt35r for something like that on a K.

Mason: I stated above that the fastest cars have B's EXCEPT ALL MOTOR which have K's. An H can never make the power that a K can without 3 times the money in it and it won't last but maybe a "race day". I personally don't see any H making 350+ whp like the k's are doing all motor.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38392166&postcount=13

Just_CHill
10-13-2009, 07:26 AM
like as far as injector and turbo size and i shout have like head work and pistons and rods and some type of sleeves?
Man I wish I had a wife to pay for my swap! I'll definitely be watching this thread to see how things are going to be going. You might want to check out k20a.org too man.

sncracing1
10-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Man I wish I had a wife to pay for my swap! I'll definitely be watching this thread to see how things are going to be going. You might want to check out k20a.org too man.
Yea she treats me right! What kinda power will the stock k20 hold stock?

ejohnson88
10-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Stock boosted K's have seen the 400's easily now a days, and some even in the 5's. If you want info on Boosting K's you need to stop looking at this site and go to K20a.org. They will be a lot more help to you over there, not taking anything away from people like Spoolin on here... just saying.

And to Spoolin, i think it's interesting to note that you say B series motors have been in the 1000's for years and that you just recently saw a K in the 1000's. Now I don't know much about when and where the first 1000 HP motor happened, but I just wanted to point out the fact that your statement is a loaded statement because the B series have had SEVERAL more years of R&D as far as racing and building goes, and that as with all things developement, it takes time to bring out the best in everything. So with that I just want to say that it wont be long before the fastest boosted swapped cars will have K's ;)

ejohnson88
10-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Oh And if you really are having your girlfriend paying for a Boosted K series swap and turbo build I wanna know what she does to have $15,000+ laying around that she can dump into a civic lol

sncracing1
10-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Oh And if you really are having your girlfriend paying for a Boosted K series swap and turbo build I wanna know what she does to have $15,000+ laying around that she can dump into a civic lol

she owns her own vinyl company and she just banked $20,000 from the million dollar race in memphis tennessee this weekend!

Just_CHill
10-13-2009, 01:00 PM
she owns her own vinyl company and she just banked $20,000 from the million dollar race in memphis tennessee this weekend!
My question is does she have a hot, female friend or relative that makes the close to the same amount or more that's looking for a 6'1 black male that's fit and comes with an amazing personality to build his honda also??? If so, pm me. :D :lmfao:

SPOOLIN
10-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Stock boosted K's have seen the 400's easily now a days, and some even in the 5's. If you want info on Boosting K's you need to stop looking at this site and go to K20a.org. They will be a lot more help to you over there, not taking anything away from people like Spoolin on here... just saying.

And to Spoolin, i think it's interesting to note that you say B series motors have been in the 1000's for years and that you just recently saw a K in the 1000's. Now I don't know much about when and where the first 1000 HP motor happened, but I just wanted to point out the fact that your statement is a loaded statement because the B series have had SEVERAL more years of R&D as far as racing and building goes, and that as with all things developement, it takes time to bring out the best in everything. So with that I just want to say that it wont be long before the fastest boosted swapped cars will have K's ;)

b's are the 350 chevrolet engine of our generation. They will always be the choice for years to come due to simplicity and cost. K series is a jungle gym of parts and pieces assembled into an engine. I wouldn't say k20a would be the place to go, more like honda-tech in general. You aren't taking anything away from me, i know the right people who have made power with k series and b series. all motor and turbo.

If the original poster has questions on what he needs to make a nice k series build hes more than welcome to contact MSPI or myself for info.

Jdm94Coupe
10-13-2009, 03:02 PM
In my opinion. You should go with whatever is in your car now. I know you say money is no object but no need to buy a k if you don't need one. 500whp can easily be made with a d or a b (which most likely your car has) which will save you TONS of money (literally). That you can put towards something BIG. ex:sleeves,turbo setup, etc. I would say go boosted k or h2b if you were trying to make way over 500whp. but if i had a SOHC in a eg or w/e chassis you have and wanted to make 500whp, i wouldnt swap it since it can be obtained for half of the money you will spend on a boosted k. I would love my wife enough to save her $10k, lol!! good luck and keep us updated on what you decide to do.

btw i think people go K series because its "new", or they want to make TONS of all motor power. not because its the smart thing to do or bang 4 your buck. example: stock d series on boost w/minor mods will run most stock k series..... and thats about 1/4 of the money for just the k swap total.

SPOOLIN
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
In my opinion. You should go with whatever is in your car now. I know you say money is no object but no need to buy a k if you don't need one. 500whp can easily be made with a d or a b (which most likely your car has) which will save you TONS of money (literally). That you can put towards something BIG. ex:sleeves,turbo setup, etc. I would say go boosted k or h2b if you were trying to make way over 500whp. but if i had a SOHC in a eg or w/e chassis you have and wanted to make 500whp, i wouldnt swap it since it can be obtained for half of the money you will spend on a boosted k. I would love my wife enough to save her $10k, lol!! good luck and keep us updated on what you decide to do.

btw i think people go K series because its "new", or they want to make TONS of all motor power. not because its the smart thing to do or bang 4 your buck. example: stock d series on boost w/minor mods will run most stock k series..... and thats about 1/4 of the money for just the k swap total.

yes theres always the argument that money is no object but shit, you run out of it somewhere and then say "dammit i could have gotten stage 5.9 axles and a liberty box if i'd have not gone k series" LOL

ekcivic1991
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
yeah plenty of people running 11's with there daily sohc turbo builds.
You could make 500whp with a y8 for less than a k swap

punkr6
10-13-2009, 05:37 PM
yes theres always the argument that money is no object but shit, you run out of it somewhere and then say "dammit i could have gotten stage 5.9 axles and a liberty box if i'd have not gone k series" LOL
exactly!! reps homie

yeah plenty of people running 11's with there daily sohc turbo builds.
You could make 500whp with a y8 for less than a k swap
my point exactly, reps as well!!

my bad this is jdm94coupe on his name, lol ima rep u 2 on my name....... i forgot to log him out, lol

sncracing1
10-14-2009, 07:21 AM

Yea but thats just it i bought a SHELL not a running car...there is no motor in it so i guess thats why i figured id go big but i dunno you might be right maybe ill look into going with something else...great now my gears are turning again lol decisions decisions!

punkr6
10-14-2009, 07:30 AM
have you even priced a K swap ? most of the guys with K swaps " DONE RIGHT " have over 8k invested and thats not including any turbo parts.

Just_CHill
10-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Yea but thats just it i bought a SHELL not a running car...there is no motor in it so i guess thats why i figured id go big but i dunno you might be right maybe ill look into going with something else...great now my gears are turning again lol decisions decisions!
x2 It almost makes too much sense. :lmfao: Lol. Reps

oleblue
10-14-2009, 09:29 AM
I say k or b but if you want to be different from most I would go with the k. It's not everyday that you run up on a k'd hatch like you would a b series hatch.

NoWAyItZTOMmY
10-14-2009, 11:12 AM
or you can buy that turbo k swap for 5k

sncracing1
10-14-2009, 11:32 AM
or you can buy that turbo k swap for 5k

Which is located where?

josh green
10-14-2009, 02:01 PM
You want a fun ass street car. Put together a piston/rod b16 and put a gt28R on that fucker. Make somewhere between 280-300 and that car will rip stoplight to stoplight. You should be capable of 12's in the 1/4 if you took it to the strip. The lack of torque from the b16 and the powerband of the 28R just makes for a great street car on run of the mill street tires. If you want a K, honestly I would get the k24 from a CRV or whichever one accepts the type S oil pump and put pistons/rods in it and it will make huge power for a lot less. Put the 5 speed tranny on it and rev it to 8k with valvetrain.

NoWAyItZTOMmY
10-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Which is located where?

i seen it in the car fs section. white teg, jdm front 5lugging. kswap turbo