PDA

View Full Version : Shooting for 5.0

dtmcnamara
10-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Ok so I have been clocked at 4.4ghZ for the last few months and was tired of the slow speeds (lol) so I am shooting for 5.0.

Here are my specs:

ASUS P6T Delux V2
OCZ Gold 1600 DDR3 memory (overclocked to 1800)
i7 920 (currently at 4.4)
GT-Z Waterblock
Jingway pump (Danger dens new block pump)
Dual 120x120 radiators (3 fans on a push pull push setup)
GTX 260 SSC

Like I said this I am at 4.4 and I will be updating this hopefully daily until I get to 5.0.

PS-Water is fun, this is my first water setup and its literally 20 degrees cooler under load.

Wish me luck and pictures will be up later tonight of the new setup with water.

dtmcnamara
10-11-2009, 09:45 PM
still stuck at 4.4

But I didnt have much time to play around with everything since I have a test tomorrow. Will update later this week

Dark.GEAR
10-12-2009, 07:17 AM
what kind of hard drive are you running?

dtmcnamara
10-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Just a few OCZ Vertex SSD...you know the normal shit...lol

man
10-12-2009, 10:52 PM
nice, I been looking at the OCZ vertex turbo. Is it worth the money to switch from HDD to SSD?

civicturbo10
10-13-2009, 06:57 AM
You can do it, lol. 4.4 is pretty high, but if it's stable enough to go higher go for it. GL and let us know....

Ok so I have been clocked at 4.4ghZ for the last few months and was tired of the slow speeds (lol) so I am shooting for 5.0.

Here are my specs:

ASUS P6T Delux V2
OCZ Gold 1600 DDR3 memory (overclocked to 1800)
i7 920 (currently at 4.4)
GT-Z Waterblock
Jingway pump (Danger dens new block pump)
Dual 120x120 radiators (3 fans on a push pull push setup)
GTX 260 SSC

Like I said this I am at 4.4 and I will be updating this hopefully daily until I get to 5.0.

PS-Water is fun, this is my first water setup and its literally 20 degrees cooler under load.

Wish me luck and pictures will be up later tonight of the new setup with water.

I have a OCZ vertex and it rocks. Everything i do is super fast. It's clear the HD was the bottle neck all these years. Depends on how much space you need. Think of the SSD as a torque monster. A sort of ZR1 motor under the hood. It's reaction time (torque) is almost nil and through put (horse power ) is many times more than a reg /most HD off the shelf. Granted, Raptor HD i read are very fast in it's own right but SSD are still faster overall. When you experience it, you'll see.

If you still need a ton of space then i suppose keep a HD hooked up as a secondary drive. But def. boot from SSD and keep most used apps on there too. You can get so much more done....

2010 maybe the break out year for SSD as far as starting to become mainstream, we'll see....

nice, I been looking at the OCZ vertex turbo. Is it worth the money to switch from HDD to SSD?