PDA

View Full Version : Camber kits. Need advice.

Mr. Clean
10-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Alright so I think I'm going to get a camber kit for the front. I just wanna bring them out a little. I mean they're pretty nasty right now. My questions were:

Is there anything wrong with getting a BLOX kit?

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/catalog/blox/blox.frcambkit-egdc_d.jpg

BLOX Racing adjustable front camber kits are designed to replace the vehicle's factory upper control arms. It allows the user to adjust and fine tune the front suspension's camber settings for optimum performance.

The camber kit features sliding ball joints for quick and easy adjustments and vulcanized rubber bushings. Each kit is then powder-coated for durability.

Adjustment range: +/- 4 degrees.

and are there any other cheaper options that can still be safe? I mean I don't really even want to spend the $120 on the BLOX kit, but I'm eating tires so I gotta do something. It got noticeably worse after I lowered it maybe a half an inch more than it was for a while. So I'm probably going to raise it back up a couple threads and get an alignment, and then I'd feel fine about just a little extra camber adjustment so any ideas would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

RBS
10-10-2009, 11:58 AM
if you dont wanna send the money on that kit then just get the alignment AS IS. you will see a very very big improvement on how your tires wear out... yet over time you will still see camber wear.

on a second note, i never had a blox kit... but ive had both a skunk2 on my coupe and a egay on my integra, and i think they work all the same. just one is squeakier than the other lol

silverDA
10-10-2009, 12:18 PM
i dont see anything wrong with blox looks just like skank2 and probably cheaper also,if your slammed you def should get a cam kit/