PDA

View Full Version : georgia guidestones

stephen
10-10-2009, 07:07 AM
has anyone ever heard of or seen the "georgia guidestones?" it's supposed to be 10 guidlines/principles, written in 8 different languages, on stone slabs setup like stonehenge, and it reads:

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature.

1,2, & 4 gives me an uneasy feeling, considering the fact that those are supposed to be "guidelines." kinda makes me understand some of those conspiracy theories...i'd actually like to go physically check this out. supposedly, some "unknown" person had this thing created 30yrs ago. i'm a little baffled as to why there's NO INFORMATION as to who the "owner" of something like this (basically a monument) is...people who visit say the lawn is always maintained around the stones...someone has to write a check to truegreen.

wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

David88vert
10-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Been there years ago. It's in the middle of a field, setup to align with the sun. The person who paid to set it up intentionally wanted it to be a mystery.

quickdodgeŽ
10-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Been there years ago. It's in the middle of a field, setup to align with the sun. The person who paid to set it up intentionally wanted it to be a mystery.

I was going to to go over there two years ago, but found out it's only 40 years old so I said fuck it. Not old enough for me to be interested. Later, QD.