PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes ES 320 halp!

savincent
10-09-2009, 01:58 PM
So I picked up one of these benzo fuckers and I want to install a new head unit. Well first, I picked up a mount for it. Well actually my dad picked that up for me and came back with some crazy looking universal box that looks like I have to find a place to mount. Well fuck dat! I'm not putting screws anywhere in our around that dash. So I spend some time on google and on benzworld.org. There doesn't seem to be an answer..

I don't even know where to begin. I need a head unit bracket. I think I got the right wiring harness for it. I need to figure out how the hell to remove the stock radio. Apparently Mercedes is some bitches when it comes to puttin the change on their cars.

Imma go throw my camera on the charger, I'll come back with pics in a little bit.

Paul
10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
dude i would take it to Traffic Jams they did the work on my wifes car after i destroyed her dash trying to do the install myself; Mercedes make it impossible to get them out w/o messing up something. I would suggest a qualified installer for benz for sure.

DynamicSound
10-09-2009, 02:39 PM
LOL, all you need is the Mercedes keys. Without them, you can't remove the headunit. We can install it for $35 plus the parts. Let me know the year and I can let you know if you have the correct harness and get a kit for you.

savincent
10-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Well you guys are not that far. I got a 99. I'll install it no prob, I just need to pick up some din keys and a mount. As for the wire harness... it looks kinda weird. The package says it's for mercedes 94-04. and I picked that up from Fry's today. I'm guessing it's the right one.

So how much for a mount and din keys?

DynamicSound
10-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Well you guys are not that far. I got a 99. I'll install it no prob, I just need to pick up some din keys and a mount. As for the wire harness... it looks kinda weird. The package says it's for mercedes 94-04. and I picked that up from Fry's today. I'm guessing it's the right one.

So how much for a mount and din keys?

http://documents.victorytechnologies.com/images/Product/2265.jpg

That is the harness.

There is not a dash kit for it, which I am sure Fry's sold you a underdash kit. Someone would have to make you one.

savincent
10-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Yah I've been looking for a while to find one online. If a 1 1/2 din head unit exists and is available at Fry's I'd cum buckets. I'd just take back the pioneer one I picked up and this crazy ass kit for it and pick up on of those. But I HIGHLY DOUBT that.. I could make my own kit though if it comes down to it.

Edit: So yeah, I'm a dumbass apparently. The head unit just looks bigger than it should.. It's really a 1 din. and I can see why they don't make kits for it. Now I just got to get the thing out. Since I can't really find a place or price on them, but I did find a picture. I think I'll just have to make my own with some thin sheet metal I have laying around.

savincent
10-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Alright, I made my own keys by looking a pictures of what they look like and just found some random metal bits that I hit with a dremel. Got it all out, hooked up the new system and it works beautifully. Tomorrow I'll run wires for the amp and subs, and I'll be good to go. :D