PDA

View Full Version : SOCCER MOM LIVES BY THE GUN, DIES BY THE GUN.

BobbyFresco
10-09-2009, 12:32 PM
LEBANON, Pa. — The husband of the Pennsylvania soccer mom found dead in an apparent-murder suicide was a parole officer and former prison guard.
Autopsies are planned Friday for 31-year-old Meleanie Hain and 33-year-old Scott Hain. They were pronounced dead Wednesday night at their home in Lebanon.
Meleanie Hain made headlines after she attended her daughter's soccer game on Sept. 11, 2008, with a gun in plain view on her hip. A sheriff revoked her gun-carrying permit, but a judge reinstated it.
The Corrections Department says Scott Hain was a state parole officer since August 2008 and previously was a state prison guard.
Police are offering few details on the shooting, including the weapons used.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information

AP's earlier story is below.
LEBANON, Pa. (AP) — A mother of three who gained national notoriety after she openly carried a loaded handgun to her daughter's soccer game was shot dead along with her husband in what appeared to be a murder-suicide.
Meleanie Hain, 31, and Scott Hain 33, were pronounced dead shortly after 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at their 1 1/2-story brick home in Lebanon, a small city about 80 miles west of Philadelphia.
The couple's three children home at the time but weren't hurt, police told the Patriot-News in Harrisburg. They were taken to stay with friends and relatives.
Some neighbors told the Lebanon Daily News they heard or saw the children — a 10-year-old boy and girls aged 2 and 6 — running from the house and screaming "Daddy shot Mommy!" shortly before the 911 emergency center was alerted at 6:20 p.m.
Debbie Mise, who lives nearby, said she heard a strange sound following by the screams of the children.
"I heard something heavy drop or fall, and then right away I heard the kids screaming, but I thought they were playing," Mise said. "It was loud. But it didn't sound like a pop."
Lebanon Police Chief Daniel Wright said Thursday that the case is classified as a "death investigation" involving two adult victims, but that no one outside the home nor any of the children is suspected of killing the couple. Detectives were still at the scene late Thursday morning, he said.
Wright said he did not plan to release any additional information about the case until after Lebanon County Coroner Dr. Jeffrey Yocum conducts autopsies on Friday.
Details about the shootings and what prompted the violence remained unclear Thursday morning.

Sad story but ironic.

Maverick
10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
this might be a dumb question, but who murdered who? im guessing she did the shooting?

BobbyFresco
10-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Allegedly, the husband killed her and then himself.

Repiks
10-09-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm failing to see the irony... She carries a gun with a permit and her husband shoots her?

BobbyFresco
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm failing to see the irony... She carries a gun with a permit and her husband shoots her?

You're failing at reading comprehension as well.

She was killed by the very same weapon she went to court to defend, both literally and figuratively.

Some new sources are reporting she was killed with the gun she was carrying at the soccer games which precipitated her losing her license to carry and then getting it back.

Greddypacked
10-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Sad story.

Friggintitsman
10-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Let's see what Charles Darwin has to say about this

81911SC
10-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Let's see what Charles Darwin has to say about thisHow do you figure?

BanginJimmy
10-09-2009, 05:28 PM
You're failing at reading comprehension as well.

She was killed by the very same weapon she went to court to defend, both literally and figuratively.

Some new sources are reporting she was killed with the gun she was carrying at the soccer games which precipitated her losing her license to carry and then getting it back.

How is any of this ironic?

We do know this will be turned into an anti gun thing though. Those idiots will always find a way to exploit a tragedy. I wonder why we dont see them protesting against cars though. Car wrecks kill more people every year than shootings do.

Friggintitsman
10-09-2009, 07:17 PM
How do you figure?

Natural selection.... pffft duh

81911SC
10-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Natural selection.... pffft duhYou figure murder is natural selection?

Friggintitsman
10-09-2009, 07:28 PM
You figure murder is natural selection?

No I'm sure their better judgment and just cause were in full effect by both parties in this case.

81911SC
10-09-2009, 07:30 PM
No I'm sure their better judgment and just cause were in full effect by both parties in this case.She was murdered. Are you retarded?

Friggintitsman
10-09-2009, 07:36 PM
She was murdered. Are you retarded?

Do you want me to be retarded?

81911SC
10-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Do you want me to be retarded? Seems I've already got that. :D

Friggintitsman
10-09-2009, 07:45 PM
There's more where that came from

Repiks
10-09-2009, 08:24 PM
She would have still had the gun at the house regardless of whether she had a carrying permit.

She fought for her legal rights, and then her husband shot her. Wow, the irony is overwhelming.

BobbyFresco
10-09-2009, 09:39 PM
the irony is overwhelming.

So is your intellect.
Move on.

Repiks
10-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Cool selective response bro.

So ignorant.

BobbyFresco
10-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Cool patented lame ass response, bro.
So clever.

SampaGuy
10-09-2009, 11:00 PM
You figure murder is natural selection?

You let stupid people have guns, they kill themselves with it. How is it not natural selection?

J-ROCK
10-10-2009, 12:09 AM
thats really messed up i know how it feels to lose someone like that in those circumstances it sucks

Friggintitsman
10-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Repiks is out of his league IMO

bdydrpdmazda
10-10-2009, 12:01 PM
it is crazy enough that things like this could happen but it always seems to amaze me that things like this could happen with children in the house. My best friends sister was murdered by her live in boyfriend a couple years ago in her home off clarks bridge road in gainesville while both her kids were sitting right there.

tony
10-10-2009, 12:07 PM
lol oh well.. I do see the irony of it but then again the story didn't make me feel butt hurt due to my political views.

81911SC
10-10-2009, 01:17 PM
You let stupid people have guns, they kill themselves with it. How is it not natural selection?He murdered her. You're criticizing her for getting murdered? http://smiliesftw.com/x/r3es9w4yrz7vplaj5wk2.gif

BanginJimmy
10-11-2009, 12:24 AM
You let stupid people have guns, they kill themselves with it. How is it not natural selection?

what do you have to back this statement up? I am not aware of any stupidity in this case.

81911SC
10-11-2009, 01:06 PM
what do you have to back this statement up? I am not aware of any stupidity in this case.Not a damn thing is what he's got.

SampaGuy
10-11-2009, 07:15 PM
He murdered her. You're criticizing her for getting murdered? http://smiliesftw.com/x/r3es9w4yrz7vplaj5wk2.gif

Actually I was just mentioning how brilliant natural selection is. If anything, I was criticizing gun control laws. And the fact that she was a gun rights activist is what makes this extremely ironic, in case you haven't gotten it yet. Stricter gun control laws and that woman could still be alive. It wasn't a random murder, it was her own gun.

what do you have to back this statement up? I am not aware of any stupidity in this case.

You're right, I guess shooting your wife and then yourself during a domestic argument when you have kids must be what highly educated, intelligent people do.

I've debated gun rights here on IA before. It's always just a waste of my time because, as shown again in this thread, you COMPLETELY DISREGARD any arguments made by the other side, because you think you are definitely right. So like the last thread, I will just stop posting.

The Ninja
10-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Why no link to the original article?

The Ninja
10-11-2009, 08:30 PM
And this is not ironic.

81911SC
10-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Actually I was just mentioning how brilliant natural selection is. If anything, I was criticizing gun control laws. And the fact that she was a gun rights activist is what makes this extremely ironic, in case you haven't gotten it yet. Stricter gun control laws and that woman could still be alive. It wasn't a random murder, it was her own gun.

You're right, I guess shooting your wife and then yourself during a domestic argument when you have kids must be what highly educated, intelligent people do.

I've debated gun rights here on IA before. It's always just a waste of my time because, as shown again in this thread, you COMPLETELY DISREGARD any arguments made by the other side, because you think you are definitely right. So like the last thread, I will just stop posting.You should stop posting if you think stricter gun control laws will do a thing. LOL, what a joke.

BobbyFresco
10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
And this is not ironic.

A gun right's "advocate" is killed by a gun.
Not ironic at all.:rolleyes:

Total_Blender
10-12-2009, 09:34 AM
The statistics say you are many, many times more likely to be shot with your own gun than to use it successfully in defense against an intruder.

81911SC
10-12-2009, 09:57 AM
The statistics say you are many, many times more likely to be shot with your own gun than to use it successfully in defense against an intruder.And more nonsense comes out. Go figure from this idiot.

SPOOLIN
10-12-2009, 10:01 AM
The statistics say you are many, many times more likely to be shot with your own gun than to use it successfully in defense against an intruder.

That statistic is retarded, only if you are not safe with your gun and not comfortable in its operation.

Total_Blender
10-12-2009, 10:14 AM
That statistic is retarded, only if you are not safe with your gun and not comfortable in its operation.

So apparently this gun rights activist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sETSAENKVY) was not safe with her gun, nor comfortable with it's operation. Or maybe she was a retard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_right).

tony
10-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Its funny how cold hard facts are retarded but biased opinions are to be taken seriously.