PDA

View Full Version : Civic Vs. Accord Civic Vs...S2000

yeaiwonder88
10-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Well tonight were riding down 34 me and my friend.....and then a guy in a 1996 accord ex decides he wants to race....hes trying pretty hard to get me to even pay him attention...were still going about 40mph..so he floors it past me and then hes gone.....we give it about 50% tottle in 5th gear hes still next to us......Then we decide to amuze are selfs so we pull up next to him my friend counts us down...(im still in 5th doing like 40) so he drops down i floor it and about half a second later were about 3 cars ahead of him.....then he rides by and gives us the tumbs up.....lol then i get next to him and drop down....(he turns off....lol)

Then earlier that night we see one of our friends who recently puschased an s2k so were like wow i wonder who would win i have passengers and all....so we talk him into getting onto the interstate.....we tell him to slow down but he wont he wanted to do an 3rd gear pull....we both drop down....3rd gear dead even.....shift into 4 he starts to gain by the end of 4 hes about 2 cars ahead of me....so he pulls over at a gas station we stop and talk and decide to go from a first gear pull....so taylor counts us down and we go he gets ahead of us...and when we shift into 3rd he has to get into my lane cause of traffic (hes still on it) i have to slow down and short shift into 4th to stop from hitting him...pretty good night...

gtikid
10-16-2005, 02:33 AM
what do you drive?

Speedm0(\)key
10-16-2005, 03:27 AM
what do you drive?

the thread title says... civic vs accord... and then civic vs s2000...

the story tells ya this much: blank car ran an accord... then blank car ran and s2000... i might be going way out on a limb here.. but i would guess the blank car is a civic

Speedm0(\)key
10-16-2005, 03:28 AM
Well tonight were riding down 34 me and my friend.....and then a guy in a 1996 accord ex decides he wants to race....hes trying pretty hard to get me to even pay him attention...were still going about 40mph..so he floors it past me and then hes gone.....we give it about 50% tottle in 5th gear hes still next to us......Then we decide to amuze are selfs so we pull up next to him my friend counts us down...(im still in 5th doing like 40) so he drops down i floor it and about half a second later were about 3 cars ahead of him.....then he rides by and gives us the tumbs up.....lol then i get next to him and drop down....(he turns off....lol)

Then earlier that night we see one of our friends who recently puschased an s2k so were like wow i wonder who would win i have passengers and all....so we talk him into getting onto the interstate.....we tell him to slow down but he wont he wanted to do an 3rd gear pull....we both drop down....3rd gear dead even.....shift into 4 he starts to gain by the end of 4 hes about 2 cars ahead of me....so he pulls over at a gas station we stop and talk and decide to go from a first gear pull....so taylor counts us down and we go he gets ahead of us...and when we shift into 3rd he has to get into my lane cause of traffic (hes still on it) i have to slow down and short shift into 4th to stop from hitting him...pretty good night...

ask your friend next time your out if he'll race a Z, i love s2000 vs. 350z battles

gtikid
10-16-2005, 03:45 AM
the thread title says... civic vs accord... and then civic vs s2000...

the story tells ya this much: blank car ran an accord... then blank car ran and s2000... i might be going way out on a limb here.. but i would guess the blank car is a civic

wow thank you captain obvious...so i guess we're just assuming now that all civics have stock motors in there right?

Speedm0(\)key
10-16-2005, 03:55 AM
what do you drive?

wouldnt "Whats in that civic?" be a better question?
wether its a wimpy 1.6 sohc or a h22 beast its still a civic

gtikid
10-16-2005, 12:45 PM
wouldnt "Whats in that civic?" be a better question?
wether its a wimpy 1.6 sohc or a h22 beast its still a civic

did i ask "what CAR do you drive?"...no...so like you say...thank you come again

Speedm0(\)key
10-16-2005, 01:50 PM
did i ask "what CAR do you drive?"...no...so like you say...thank you come again

your attempt to play it off has miserably failed. Ricer

gtikid
10-16-2005, 02:21 PM
your attempt to play it off has miserably failed. Ricer

ooo yes, it has...and thats the best you can come back with right? :jerkit: i didnt know being stock was rice :gay:

Speedm0(\)key
10-16-2005, 02:35 PM
ooo yes, it has...and thats the best you can come back with right? :jerkit: i didnt know being stock was rice :gay:

its not the car, its the driver's state of mind. therefore you are a Ricer.

sprix!
10-18-2005, 11:41 AM
ask your friend next time your out if he'll race a Z, i love s2000 vs. 350z battles
I love 'em too... I'll run with you, probably get plattered, but I will run for fun.

Speedm0(\)key
10-18-2005, 03:14 PM
I love 'em too... I'll run with you, probably get plattered, but I will run for fun.

yeah man, thats a thing most people on this site dont get, its all for fun. hell you never know.. i might be the one who gets plattered. on the street anything can happen.

let me know when you're down man, to hang out, and talk car crap haha.

rolling_trip
10-18-2005, 03:23 PM
i will ask the correct question.

What have you done to your Civic?

Speedm0(\)key
10-18-2005, 04:25 PM
i will ask the correct question.

What have you done to your Civic?

haha +1

yeaiwonder88
10-18-2005, 09:18 PM
ill run ur 350 with a 300 z32

Speedm0(\)key
10-18-2005, 09:19 PM
ill run ur 350 with a 300 z32

cool, TT or na?

yeaiwonder88
10-18-2005, 09:34 PM
NA....modded should make a good race

Speedm0(\)key
10-18-2005, 10:08 PM
NA....modded should make a good race

sure why not, im down as long as i get to run an s2k

sprix!
10-19-2005, 01:41 PM
yeah man, thats a thing most people on this site dont get, its all for fun. hell you never know.. i might be the one who gets plattered. on the street anything can happen.

let me know when you're down man, to hang out, and talk car crap haha.
Definitely man.... looking forward to Aeon Flux here- maybe we can make it a cruiser or something.

IndianStig
10-21-2005, 03:03 PM
How does a G35 stack up against an s2k?

I know so much about cars, but I always thought an s2k will win when speeds get up high, but someone told me he smoked an s2k with inly a CAI in the G35.

EJ25RUN
10-21-2005, 05:11 PM
where you guys gonna go?

Speedm0(\)key
10-21-2005, 11:25 PM

I know so much about cars, but I always thought an s2k will win when speeds get up high, but someone told me he smoked an s2k with inly a CAI in the G35.

i would pair up a G35 and s2000 equally in a top end run. however... even with the lack of torque the s2000 is the winner down low.. excellent low end gearing > G35, 350z

i would pair up the s2000 and 350z equally in a 0-60 run.. anything after 60mph the hat goes off to the 350z

JDMracer16
10-22-2005, 09:27 AM
I'll answer everyones question. The civic was an EF h/b with a ZC swap, intake, header, full exhaust, ls cams and valve train. The car has full interior and had a passenger. (me) The car is sold now though. He has a 300zx now.

sprix!
10-26-2005, 05:38 AM
i would pair up a G35 and s2000 equally in a top end run. however... even with the lack of torque the s2000 is the winner down low.. excellent low end gearing > G35, 350z

i would pair up the s2000 and 350z equally in a 0-60 run.. anything after 60mph the hat goes off to the 350z
I need to test that high end bit for myself, but the low end seems right. The s2k is great for starts, I have definitely grabbed a couple of G's from a stop.

SandM
10-26-2005, 06:43 AM
civic races turns into G35/350Z vs. S2000 battle, +speedmonkey callouts

Speedm0(\)key
10-26-2005, 07:19 PM
civic races turns into G35/350Z vs. S2000 battle, +speedmonkey callouts

hahaha.

so when we doing this guys?

Speedm0(\)key
10-26-2005, 07:21 PM

though the G35 version of the VQ motor (280hp) responds better to intake systems compared to the z VQ (287), there is now way he could have smoked an s2000, unless

1. s2000 wasnt racing
2. s2000 had a big-o-passenger
3. #2 + top down.. or shit.. top down period.

sprix!
10-26-2005, 10:19 PM
hahaha.

so when we doing this guys?
Not for at least about a month.... I got smashed by some improper lane changing hick yesterday, and my S is in the body shop. It has some alot of work that needs to be done, so I am out of the game for a while . Unless..... you want to run me in my Cobalt rental...?!?!? I am sure this owns all. :D

Speedm0(\)key
10-27-2005, 12:15 AM
damn man sorry to hear that, sucks man... get a big fat depreciation val check.. and get someone to help you squeeze all you can out of it.

i hope you get it back soon man.. not just to run, but it sucks not having your car on the driveway

PawnShopCEO
10-27-2005, 06:32 PM
speedmonkey... i hate to say it.. but you dont know what you are talking about.. the g and the z have the exact same motor... I would know.. I own a g35. the only difference in the motors stock... is the intake. the g35 has a resonator in the intake to lower engine noise.. the z does not. thats why its a popular mod for g35 owners to buy whats called a "z tube" which is a stock 350z intake. 350z with cold air intake = g35 with cold air intake... same shit. 05 g35 is a differnt story.. (diff cams, diff plenum, diff intake)

Speedm0(\)key
10-27-2005, 08:06 PM
speedmonkey... i hate to say it.. but you dont know what you are talking about.. the g and the z have the exact same motor... I would know.. I own a g35. the only difference in the motors stock... is the intake. the g35 has a resonator in the intake to lower engine noise.. the z does not. thats why its a popular mod for g35 owners to buy whats called a "z tube" which is a stock 350z intake. 350z with cold air intake = g35 with cold air intake... same shit. 05 g35 is a differnt story.. (diff cams, diff plenum, diff intake)

i wasnt refferring to the 05 G35 when i was talking about diff motors where there is a big diff. the motor is not the exact same for the previous year .. well yes it is the same if you're going to talk about "longblock" and nothing more.. but the extra "7" horsepower and whatever the torque.. is the difference , the Z tube alone is not going to give you a Z motor, why? well for one the ECUs are different (z has different Variable valve timing programming,ignition timing maps, diff variable manifold valves, and electronic throttle control settings), ok so now.. making power: due to the 350z's computer setting differences it tends to richen out higher RPMS significantly when making bolt on modifications , alot more than the g35 ecu, this is the reason why 350z's and G35 get minimal gains from mods. and is also why the Technosquare reflash is very popular. i guess in the end both put out poor results from bolt ons, however the 350z is a bit worse, i've done it myself on dyno's, overall the G35 had a superior response to Cold air intakes than the Z did. any motor is capable of more power.. but in the end its the ECU's that make the decision of kicking out a few extra ponies or not. and thats what we are arguing here.. that the G35 in fact responds slightly better than the 350z.. so i hate to say it, but.. im NOT wrong, the only similarites in the VQ35 motors are the following: same pistons, connecting rods, camshafts, crankshafts, and cylinder heads, FWD models have a different block.. but thats only because it necessary since the motor mount positions are different. everything other than that is different.

edit: the motor on the 05 G35 would only be different if i was comparing it to the 287hp VQ, however.. there is a 300hp 350z now that shares the same internals as the 298?hp G35. where my point would still hold

sprix!
11-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Hey monkey- I upgraded my rental from the Cobalt to a Galant. The Galant was a four and heavy and smoked pole..... but I just got a Monte Carlo LT from Enterprise..... think you can take me? lol. Its the non SC 3800. Or do you want to wait for my S? your choice.....

Speedm0(\)key
11-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Hey monkey- I upgraded my rental from the Cobalt to a Galant. The Galant was a four and heavy and smoked pole..... but I just got a Monte Carlo LT from Enterprise..... think you can take me? lol. Its the non SC 3800. Or do you want to wait for my S? your choice.....

hahaha.. man.. im scared of monte carlos
i think ill wait for the s2k, whats the news on it?.. almost done?

sprix!
11-04-2005, 08:04 PM
No- she's getting repainted(Grand Prix White), and it's a difficult process. They have to remove the top and they have no-one on staff that can do that. So they have to get someone in and remove it, and then come back and put it back on. Everything else is moving along pretty smoothly, I guess. They are saying she might be ready on the 14th. Hopefully it will be.
Oh yeah- I am really excited about getting her back because I took my new rims over there on Wednesday... So when I get my baby back, she will have new paint and new rims! I got some 18x8 and 9.5 Stern ST1's. New rubber is BFG Gforce sport. I am so pumped, but then I remember its still like two more weeks....