PDA

View Full Version : WOAH, ive never seen this before on my vafc *PIC*

teh_mugen18
10-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Now, i don't really know all THAT much about vacuum pressures and whatnot, except that larger cams cause lower vacuum pressures, and that when you are opening the throttle more at lower rpms the vacuum drops significantly fast. Also that when you are decelerating at a high rpm with the throttle closed, the manifold pressure is extremely HIGH, like more than -650mm/Hg sometimes. But, this is something i've NEVER seen before, an NA car that made a 0.00mm/Hg vacuum reading; lol if it had gone any further positive, my map sensor would've lost its mind, i know that much. :crazy:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7564/wtfh.jpg

scttydb411
10-09-2009, 08:39 PM
i've tuned a couple of n/a cars that actually read up to 1psi.

jdm>usdm
10-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Now, i don't really know all THAT much about vacuum pressures and whatnot, except that larger cams cause lower vacuum pressures, and that when you are opening the throttle more at lower rpms the vacuum drops significantly fast. Also that when you are decelerating at a high rpm with the throttle closed, the manifold pressure is extremely HIGH, like more than -650mm/Hg sometimes. But, this is something i've NEVER seen before, an NA car that made a 0.00mm/Hg vacuum reading; lol if it had gone any further positive, my map sensor would've lost its mind, i know that much. :crazy:

Why would the MAP sensor have lost its mind? :thinking:
Or is this not a Honda?

teh_mugen18
10-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Why would the MAP sensor have lost its mind? :thinking:
Or is this not a Honda?

Because the map sensors dont have the banks/registry inside of them to read boost, so if the map was to register some boost it would throw a CEL. Lol thats why they sell missing link kits for people who want to boost without getting their ecu's re-done, its so the sensor wont read the +0 amount of manifold pressure.

jdm>usdm
10-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Because the map sensors dont have the banks/registry inside of them to read boost, so if the map was to register some boost it would throw a CEL. Lol thats why they sell missing link kits for people who want to boost without getting their ecu's re-done, its so the sensor wont read the +0 amount of manifold pressure.

Ah I was thinkin that a stock map could read positive manifold pressure with out freaking out. And then when it saw more than 12 pounds or so it wouldnt read it.

Haha my bad dood

scttydb411
10-11-2009, 05:46 PM
actually the sensor will read boost up to 11+ish psi...it's the ecu that's set up to freak out if it sees anything above .5-1psi. that's why you chip them...so the ecu actually has tables above that limit and doesn't have the limits set forth as the stock one does.