PDA

View Full Version : Here's a Poll! What's my next build? (I'm Bored)

Just_CHill
10-08-2009, 03:24 PM
So, as you know I am on deployment and I will have a little money to spend on a new build. Not going to throw in all the money at once but just enough to give me a nice start. So here we go:

What engine or car should I build next?

Thanks and have an awe-inspired day!:goodjob:

HypnoToad
10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
wat happen to the vette idea........come over to the darkside.

Just_CHill
10-08-2009, 03:57 PM
wat happen to the vette idea........come over to the darkside.
That may be a long term thing. Not sure yet. But that's a good "other" choice!

HypnoToad
10-08-2009, 03:59 PM
That may be a long term thing. Not sure yet. But that's a good "other" choice!

yea im probbly gonna pick up another fbody,either firebird like mine or a 70s camaro.

but GL on next thing:cheers:

Bbat017
10-08-2009, 07:47 PM
i say build a na k20/k24 hybrid and put it in a crx hf that shit would be sick

b16EG-HaTcH
10-09-2009, 12:08 AM
i say buy an STi and be done w/ it......u know what i voted for.

OldsTech
10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
i voted other. Fuck building another honda. U got a badass engine alrdy. Its a great streetkiller. Now go for something nice and badass. I have no ideas at the time. I liked the vette idea tho

masonhenson
10-09-2009, 02:52 PM
4g63 evo 8

Just_CHill
10-09-2009, 04:47 PM
i say build a na k20/k24 hybrid and put it in a crx hf that shit would be sick

That would be pretty sick! But not wanting to look for a good shell and paying out of the ass for it!

i say buy an STi and be done w/ it......u know what i voted for.

STi would be fun. I was thinking of getting one or an Evo at one time.

i voted other. Fuck building another honda. U got a badass engine alrdy. Its a great streetkiller. Now go for something nice and badass. I have no ideas at the time. I liked the vette idea tho

Yeah I kinda agree with you. I have to do some soul searching and see what I really want to do. That vette would be freakin sick too though.

4g63 evo 8

I love Evo's man, definitely on my list to research. :goodjob:

Axon360
10-09-2009, 05:11 PM

OldsTech
10-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I like the evo idea alot. And man u need to reward yourself something nice. Not your streetracer car. But something like a evo or sub. The problem i see with the evo is it stands out from the crowd. And to me that means a step up on the list to be stolen or something. But definitly something that smell nice and would be proper to take a date out on. Like a nice truck maybe. Everyone need a truck. U dont know what u are missing till you get one. I like the toyota tocama X-runner. Nice v-6 and a 6 speed manual. Beautiful sporty truck and gets the job done. And not too overprice. And you know when you get a yota your getting a good truck

OldsTech
10-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I like the red of course. Nice Access cab.

The X-Runner is powered by the 4.0 liter DOHC V6 with VVT-I valve control that puts out 245 hp. The exclusive transmission choice in the X is a 6-speed manual. That combination coupled with a smaller and lighter body makes the X-Runner a much more usable package over say an SRT-10. 500 hp in a truck results in a truck that is a beast that you have to be very careful with. On the other hand with 245 hp and a lighter truck, the X-Runner becomes a truck that you can drive hard with ease. Toyota says that the X-Runner will do 0-60 mph in less than seven seconds and that sounds about right. The motor is smooth all the way to the 5500 rpm redline yet can easily come away from a stop sign in second gear. The 6-speed manual has good ratios that are well placed. If you want to go fast, you can use all gears. If you are just cruising, you can easily skip third and fifth gears and there will be no complaints.

slostang
10-09-2009, 09:29 PM
you know i have a crx shell that is begging for a built turbo d-series...

Hondatypr636
10-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I say K all the way. You know thats what im doing. I will be getting me a subie next year hopefully around march when we get to airborne. Hoping my insurance isnt high as hell.

You should get a K and a subie or evo and be done with it.

Just_CHill
10-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I like the evo idea alot. And man u need to reward yourself something nice. Not your streetracer car. But something like a evo or sub. The problem i see with the evo is it stands out from the crowd. And to me that means a step up on the list to be stolen or something. But definitly something that smell nice and would be proper to take a date out on. Like a nice truck maybe. Everyone need a truck. U dont know what u are missing till you get one. I like the toyota tocama X-runner. Nice v-6 and a 6 speed manual. Beautiful sporty truck and gets the job done. And not too overprice. And you know when you get a yota your getting a good truck

I like the red of course. Nice Access cab.

The X-Runner is powered by the 4.0 liter DOHC V6 with VVT-I valve control that puts out 245 hp. The exclusive transmission choice in the X is a 6-speed manual. That combination coupled with a smaller and lighter body makes the X-Runner a much more usable package over say an SRT-10. 500 hp in a truck results in a truck that is a beast that you have to be very careful with. On the other hand with 245 hp and a lighter truck, the X-Runner becomes a truck that you can drive hard with ease. Toyota says that the X-Runner will do 0-60 mph in less than seven seconds and that sounds about right. The motor is smooth all the way to the 5500 rpm redline yet can easily come away from a stop sign in second gear. The 6-speed manual has good ratios that are well placed. If you want to go fast, you can use all gears. If you are just cruising, you can easily skip third and fifth gears and there will be no complaints.

Those are some pretty nice trucks. I'm definitely planning on getting a truck and probably us it as a daily. I'm just thinking project wise on this poll. The only reason I don't want to get a newer car is because I don't want to have 2 car payments. If I get a truck it's going to be a nice one that I will probably have to pay on for a little while.

you know i have a crx shell that is begging for a built turbo d-series...

Lol, hmmmmm......

I say K all the way. You know thats what im doing. I will be getting me a subie next year hopefully around march when we get to airborne. Hoping my insurance isnt high as hell.

You should get a K and a subie or evo and be done with it.

Lol, yeah the K is something I really want to do but I got to do a good bit of research on it. So far it doesn't look too bad to build one. I would just need to find a good shell to build it upon. The hatch is staying the way it is for now, with the LS/V.

91boostdgsr
10-22-2009, 02:26 PM
im not in BRB but i think a K would be the way to go because NONE has one down here that has been swapped into AN EG/EJ/DC CHASSIS

Just_CHill
10-23-2009, 07:49 AM
im not in BRB but i think a K would be the way to go because NONE has one down here that has been swapped into AN EG/EJ/DC CHASSIS
That one of the main reasons I would love to have one. People say it's not worth the money cause you can get the same power out of B's and spend way less. But I kinda look at it like all those people that buy the expensive rims instead of rota's. You can get the same look with the rota's and spend way less but who can say "Hey, I spent a little time and money in doing something unique (well, not really really unique, but good enough) and didn't go the route everyone else took.

DSGMach1
10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
http://thegarageblog.com/garage/wp-content/uploads/s2crx.jpg

http://blog.dailycal.org/arts/files/2008/08/plus_sign.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/CobraEngine.jpg

http://www.decodeunicode.org/en/u+003d/data/glyph/196x196/003D.gif

http://www.stuartmfgusa.com/photos/T01-9450BX.jpg

NEMO
10-23-2009, 09:56 AM
i vote J. dont see many in GA. deff not in Griffin

OldsTech
10-23-2009, 02:01 PM
LOL @ DSG

Just_CHill
10-23-2009, 02:52 PM
LOL @ DSG
x2 :lmao:

HypnoToad
10-23-2009, 05:10 PM
i like lee idea,but gott a better one

hatch + northstar V8 = alot of TQ steer

slostang
10-23-2009, 07:54 PM
but on another note i say foxbody.

ians s14
11-29-2009, 09:18 AM
240! build a sick rb or sr. shoot when do you see a sick ka-t? just throwin it out there lol

egpower904
12-18-2009, 11:47 PM
ya definitely do a j35 with the 6 spd lsd in something lightweight. na hp and tq will be sick just stock.

:goodjob:

Just_CHill
12-19-2009, 10:05 AM
i like lee idea,but gott a better one

hatch + northstar V8 = alot of TQ steer

but on another note i say foxbody.

240! build a sick rb or sr. shoot when do you see a sick ka-t? just throwin it out there lol

ya definitely do a j35 with the 6 spd lsd in something lightweight. na hp and tq will be sick just stock.

:goodjob:

Good suggestions. Reps.

I still don't know what I am going to do when I get back but I have lots of ideas thanks to this thread.

sncracing1
04-26-2010, 03:24 PM
ok Chris i know i haven't spoke up in a while but ill throw my two cents in there... I say you build a G23.... but do it like a h2b so you keep the b series tranny you already got! in case you havent seen it you take the h22 head and put it on the f23 bottom end.....the f23 has steel sleeves so you can boost it or you can throw some k20 pistons in it and push like 12:1 using all stock parts. i think this is the site i was reading about it on http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=29439 but its all over honda tech as well....

Just_CHill
04-26-2010, 05:28 PM
ok Chris i know i haven't spoke up in a while but ill throw my two cents in there... I say you build a G23.... but do it like a h2b so you keep the b series tranny you already got! in case you havent seen it you take the h22 head and put it on the f23 bottom end.....the f23 has steel sleeves so you can boost it or you can throw some k20 pistons in it and push like 12:1 using all stock parts. i think this is the site i was reading about it on http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=29439 but its all over honda tech as well....

Man, I was just asking about you a couple of days ago! How are things going? Give me a hollar when you get a chance.

That sounds like one hell of a build too, we'll see what I end up doing.

sncracing1
04-28-2010, 10:40 AM
shit man things are going pretty good my way! I kinda fell out of the honda world for a little while im trying to learn as much as i can about rotary motors now beings that i picked up a FD3S RX7! AND im married now! Ive had all kinds of shit going on! Shits been crazy! when will you be back around?