PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Operation Flashpoint

AlanŽ
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Anyone else pick it up? So far I like it. It's a little difficult to see enemies but, overall very good game. This is what Socom should have been.

man
10-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Damn, didn't realize this was coming out today.

MachNU
10-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah I just picked the last copy up from the Mall of GA gamestop.

MachNU
10-08-2009, 06:43 PM
once you get a hang of this game, online is crazy! Sniper FTMFW! first game where I finally figured out how to be a sniper I went 47/3! Dumbasses on the other team where all bunched up and holding there ground in the open! :lmao:

VQ35 Star
10-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I think i'll be getting it for PC, its $39.99 on it.

MachNU
10-09-2009, 06:06 PM
well after a few hours of really playing it...its not all that great. It gets REAL REAL hard to tell the difference between allies and enemies! the sniper rifle sucks...I have shot some people, on hardcore mode, 4-5 times before they die...then other times its a 1 shot kill. Seems the game has ALOT of bugs to it. any vehicle is a MFPITA to drive!

firby911
10-10-2009, 12:30 AM
I love the game,though it does have a few problems. One of which it being a realistic fps yet it takes 5 or so bullets to kill somebody which doesn't make since. There are quite a few glitches as well.

MachNU
10-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I love the game,though it does have a few problems. One of which it being a realistic fps yet it takes 5 or so bullets to kill somebody which doesn't make since. There are quite a few glitches as well.

agreed. I figured out last night it all depends on the distances. Sometimes if you hit someone from WAY THE FUCK OFF, it will kill them, or if you hit them up close, kills them, but medium range 300-500m it takes multiple shots!

firby911
10-10-2009, 10:34 PM
What also really chaps me is iron sights or the ap/eotechs in certain cases. Most engagements are a few 100m rendering them hard as hell to use. The acog is what should be on the guns almost all of the time. I can down a guy with one or two shots using the acog yet with irons i can hardly see what the hell im shooting at.

MachNU
10-11-2009, 03:39 PM
What also really chaps me is iron sights or the ap/eotechs in certain cases. Most engagements are a few 100m rendering them hard as hell to use. The acog is what should be on the guns almost all of the time. I can down a guy with one or two shots using the acog yet with irons i can hardly see what the hell im shooting at.

Yeah I am trying to figure out what class uses the Acog. I happen to run out of ammo and found a rifle last night on a dead body with the Acog. I started dropping people left and right with it!

VQ35 Star
10-11-2009, 03:41 PM
well after a few hours of really playing it...its not all that great. It gets REAL REAL hard to tell the difference between allies and enemies! the sniper rifle sucks...I have shot some people, on hardcore mode, 4-5 times before they die...then other times its a 1 shot kill. Seems the game has ALOT of bugs to it. any vehicle is a MFPITA to drive!

thats sad to hear..

MachNU
10-11-2009, 03:48 PM
thats sad to hear..

Well the vehicles just take alot of learning to drive. I spent a few hours just using vehicles and am REALLY good with them. the helicopter is fun as hell to drive!

But reading the game forums seems alot of people are complaining about the AI Invincibility! Then the bug where you get trapped under a burnign vehicle or flipped over vehicle and cant move or die, until someone kills you. Happened 3 times to me so far.

MachNU
10-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Wow for those that have not been onto the OF: DR forum...WOW...the forum Devs and producers and getting REEMED! There are so many negative threads about this game in the consoles section its not even funny...of everyone complaining about the same problems.

Seems that this company released early without testing anything. All the bugs, AI God Mode, Bullet/Damage Detection, Lag, Online Server's and Connection Issues, Server rooms to small(8 people on gigantic maps), Freezing, etc.

Then one of the Dev came out and said they will get with there Server company on monday about the server issues. Seems Codemasters Sub. Contracted there servers to another company and have no physical control over them! :lmao:

firby911
10-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Yea ive been browsing on there,its pretty bad lol.

WTF?
10-16-2009, 10:08 AM
i like it so far but have only had it a day and only played 4 man co-op