PDA

View Full Version : America's Smartest City - Raleigh, NC

xxbckiexx
10-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Well, actually they say Raleigh-Durham and of course there is no such place and grouping them together annoys me to no end but that's another thread. See where your city ranks.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-10-04/americas-smartest-cities---from-first-to-worst/?cid=bs:archive9#gallery=787;page=1

Write up:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-10-04/americas-smartest-cities---from-first-to-worst/?cid=bs:archive9

never woulda thought..

Us atlantians are ranked #23.

98blackcivic
10-08-2009, 09:40 AM
dayum rest of metro atlanta holding gwinnett down
sucess lives here

HarietTubgrl
10-08-2009, 09:47 AM
damn we got beat out by a texas city and nashville?!

xxbckiexx
10-08-2009, 09:50 AM
damn we got beat out by a texas city and nashville?!

i know... im disappointed.

90_ACCORD
10-08-2009, 09:54 AM
haha my parents live in Raleigh

40th GT
10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
thread is win. reps for the OP.

Ziptied
10-08-2009, 10:02 AM
This list is total BS, LA on the list? wow, im pretty sure the retarded outnumber the college grads there. I dont give this thing any credit.

HarietTubgrl
10-08-2009, 10:06 AM
This list is total BS, LA on the list? wow, im pretty sure the retarded outnumber the college grads there. I dont give this thing any credit.
i got the impression that it was some sort of quiz online that was taken for them to get their results, so i took it all with a grain of salt

Ziptied
10-08-2009, 10:15 AM
^ haha, reps!

xxbckiexx
10-08-2009, 10:17 AM
i mean, clearly it isn't correct. a city in NC is ranked #1. It's totally shenanigans. They're basing their facts off of how many people receive educations based off population, pretty much. Doesn't make them smart. The more college 4 year grads it has, the higher score it gets. Not to mention, they obviously didn't take into account that we've got people like catnip and simontibbett living in our state, which puts us in dead last. they're stupid for a whole continent.

Ziptied
10-08-2009, 10:26 AM
they obviously didn't take into account that we've got people like catnip and simontibbett living in our state, which puts us in dead last. they're stupid for a whole continent.

You must spread reputation around before giving it to xxbckiexx again.....

DAMNIT, reps when I can. :lmfao:

MachNU
10-08-2009, 10:34 AM
i mean, clearly it isn't correct. a city in NC is ranked #1. It's totally shenanigans. They're basing their facts off of how many people receive educations based off population, pretty much. Doesn't make them smart. The more college 4 year grads it has, the higher score it gets. Not to mention, they obviously didn't take into account that we've got people like catnip and simontibbett living in our state, which puts us in dead last. they're stupid for a whole continent.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: You left out bri! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Here and catnip's relationship cause a IQ Blackhole! :lmfao:

nreggie454
10-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Not surprising that Memphis is #51. Lotsa idiots over there.

americanctm
10-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Washington D.C. at number 7? I highly doubt that. They have had a consistent problem with D.C. schools having high failure rates and enrollment declines. The D.C. public school system just laid off more than 200 teachers and they are still on court oversight.

Edit:

Oh yes, I forgot to mention all the morons in Congress, which further proves my point.

40th GT
10-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Washington D.C. at number 7? I highly doubt that. They have had a consistent problem with D.C. schools having high failure rates and enrollment declines. The D.C. public school system just laid off more than 200 teachers and they are still on court oversight.

That's just sad. I always thought blue states had better public education systems.