PDA

View Full Version : more gay car problems

ducky1177
10-08-2009, 12:19 AM
so i found something leaking under my car this morning. it looked to be brake or power steering fluid. (on passenger side) i lifted the car and realized that the boot at the end of my tie rod is completely busted in two. there is a feed line running to the boot and i guess its power steering fluid that is leaking. is it hard to change this boot? i am also planning on removing my p/s system so does it really matter?
lmk peeps
:crazy:

Barefoot
10-08-2009, 01:18 AM
so i found something leaking under my car this morning. it looked to be brake or power steering fluid. (on passenger side) i lifted the car and realized that the boot at the end of my tie rod is completely busted in two. there is a feed line running to the boot and i guess its power steering fluid that is leaking. is it hard to change this boot? i am also planning on removing my p/s system so does it really matter?
lmk peeps
:crazy:
got a pic

NOCLUE
10-08-2009, 04:44 AM
got a pic

x2:camera:

ducky1177
10-08-2009, 05:33 AM
no pics right now guys
about to go to school
ill try to get one later

CaTcH22
10-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Sounds like the rack seals busted.

.:Stirfry:.
10-08-2009, 08:28 AM
i took all the ps stuff of my old and new one and and it felt just like a manual rack car.
so i say just take it off.

MidLifeCrisis
10-08-2009, 12:18 PM
there is not a feed tube going to the boot, its a vaccum line, but yes more then likely the rack seals have busted, and no, replacing the rack boot wont make the problem go away. yu'll either have to replace the rack with another PS rack or a MS rack.

Barefoot
10-08-2009, 12:21 PM
there is not a feed tube going to the boot, its a vaccum line, but yes more then likely the rack seals have busted, and no, replacing the rack boot wont make the problem go away. yu'll either have to replace the rack with another PS rack or a MS rack.an this is what i was thinking it was but just wanted to confirm with a pic.

ducky1177
10-08-2009, 12:59 PM
well i was planning on taking my power steering pump and everything out and clean up the bay.
if i take the pump out and stuff can i drive with the busted seals?
and where can i find a manual rack?

MidLifeCrisis
10-08-2009, 10:40 PM
well i was planning on taking my power steering pump and everything out and clean up the bay.
if i take the pump out and stuff can i drive with the busted seals?
and where can i find a manual rack?

well DA integras never came with manual steering, so you'll need to find a CRX rack. youll need to check honda-tech to find which trim line of EF had a similar steering ratio.. then just check with a salvage yard or an auto parts store..

ducky1177
10-08-2009, 11:10 PM
well DA integras never came with manual steering, so you'll need to find a CRX rack. youll need to check honda-tech to find which trim line of EF had a similar steering ratio.. then just check with a salvage yard or an auto parts store..

thanks bro
im already on it
:goodjob: