PDA

View Full Version : E-Thugs come in here..

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Just voicing a thought...

Y CORECT SUM1 GRAM3R?? 1F U UNDER-STAND WAT TEY 5AYING?

Just because someone put out a typo/misspell a word why are they are consider stupid? I do understand that some of us do not know the proper way of forming a perfect sentence structure and such. I don't hold anyone accountable to it or give them hassle..

Gammer, punctuation, and sentence structure are meant for essays; not forums.

discuss/flame

rehab
10-05-2009, 01:17 PM
This post won't be necessary.

PS: Some people need to go back to Basic English 101 because it's funny when they correct grammar, but end up spelling something wrong in the process.

EDIT: FUCK YOU for getting my attention with "E-Gangsters." Next time get grammar nazi's attention, you one legged gimp.

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
I correct grammar simply because of these threads.

I love watching the sand bother your va-jay-jay.

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 01:23 PM

PS: Some people need to go back to Basic English 101 because it's funny when they correct grammar, but end up spelling something wrong in the process.

You are certainly right...

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 01:30 PM
I correct grammar simply because of these threads.

I love watching the sand bother your va-jay-jay.

Couldn't you be more original? Such as using "hey man, hold your hands in the air and jump and let the beach out of your infested mildew!?" or something classy and simple.. "hi Sandy..." lol :cheers: or better yet " wow someone else has developed there two new muscles that's connected to their virginia."

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Exactly what I meant.

LOLOL.

NovaScotia
10-05-2009, 01:32 PM

Dumbass

xxbckiexx
10-05-2009, 01:32 PM

EDIT: FUCK YOU for getting my attention with "E-Gangsters." Next time get grammar nazi's attention, you one legged gimp.

beat me to it. go fuck yourself op.

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 01:37 PM
beat me to it. go fuck yourself op.

Eh all I was saying that the forum is pretty casual talk, nothing where you have to be spot on.

SouthrnStyle
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Who gives a shit??

xxbckiexx
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Eh all I was saying that the forum is pretty casual talk, nothing where you have to be spot on.

and all i was saying was, go fuck yourself. it was rhetorical. follow my command and stop posting.

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Who gives a shit??

uhm apparently I do? I made a thread didn't I?

Edit: 1k post

SouthrnStyle
10-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Well get over it!! Why dont you bitch about your tag?? About how many other idiots have it!

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Well get over it!! Why dont you bitch about your tag?? About how many other idiots have it!

No, they have the same "1" and "I" but in different combinations. I am the only one that has this tag that's how I have it on my supra.

Subleg4
10-05-2009, 02:24 PM

discuss/flame

Agreed 100%, some of these people act like if you mispell or use "YOUR instead of YOU'RE" that the whole world is gonna end, haha children.

BobbyFresco
10-05-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't know about anyone else but personally looking like an idiot, intentionally, isn't my thing...

I can't and will not take a person seriously, when they are unable to articulate their thoughts, like every educated adult should be able to.

BKgen®
10-05-2009, 02:33 PM
The public education system has obviously failed 30-40% (if not more) of IA's members. Maybe someday the morons I speak of will make an effort to better themselves and attempt to fully grasp the correct usage of the English language. Until that day comes, I'll be here -- To serve and correct.

40th GT
10-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Cas some people have OCD/are anal/care too much.

I'm not one to go out of my way to correct people's grammer, just answering your question.

40th GT
10-05-2009, 02:38 PM
:dunno:

PURP
10-05-2009, 02:38 PM
y0 y0 y0 ... dis bea oudda cuntroll. eye wizh peaps wood lurn tew yous propur engrish. shitz bea krazie

TSiFTW
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't personally care with the exception of the one ironic fucking word that over half of IA misspells. It is grammar, not grammer, gammer, gramer,gramar,etc.

BKgen®
10-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I don't personally care with the exception of the one ironic fucking word that over half of IA misspells. It is grammar, not grammer, gammer, gramer,gramar,etc.

Sammich would tend to disagree with you...

man
10-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't know about anyone else but personally looking like an idiot, intentionally, isn't my thing...

I can't and will not take a person seriously, when they are unable to articulate their thoughts, like every educated adult should be able to.

That's funny, because I've have plenty professors that couldn't speak all that well, like my Aerospace engineering prof or my physics prof at Ga Tech. But you're right, they're idiots...:rolleyes:

You know what they say, actions speak louder than words.

aguynamedpat
10-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I will give people the benefit of the doubt if English is their second language, which is most likely the case in your situation fcman. Its just hilarious how many people cannot form a sentence, and this site is for "adults," or at least what is considered to be an adult/young adult.

This site should ONLY be compatible with Firefox, that way if people are making spelling errors, the built in spell check can help them out. One of the forums I am on has a rule that I personally LOVE:

YOU MUST post in plain, discernable, correctly spelled and capitalized English! Repeated failure to do so will result in disciplinary action. Threads that contain posts with poor grammar (regardless of whose it is) are subject to being locked.

It makes the site that much more pleasant, and it makes the posts easier to read. Plus, the tech section is so much better because you know going into a thread that you will not have to sift through the bullshit to find the answer. Plus, searching is that much easier too.

TSiFTW
10-05-2009, 03:22 PM
One of the forums I am on has a rule that I personally LOVE:

Let me guess, DSM Talk?

BobbyFresco
10-05-2009, 03:23 PM
That's funny, because I've have plenty professors that couldn't speak all that well, like my Aerospace engineering prof or my physics prof at Ga Tech. But you're right, they're idiots...:rolleyes:

You know what they say, actions speak louder than words.

So you're using two people as the basis for making your point?

I would venture to say that most people involved in the field of academia are not functioning illiterates, much like the majority of this forum and our country.
Why is it that in other countries, students are taught to write and speak perfect English and do so better than most of us do, not being their native language, but Americans butcher what we grow up knowing and learning?

Hell... in most countries, students are fluent in numerous languages where as most people in this country struggle with just one...:rolleyes:

However, for the sake of perpetuating stupidity, let's allow people to express themsleves in whatever way they want, no matter how idiotic they may appear. This includes but is not limited to ebonics, redneck slang, spanglish, etc...

man
10-05-2009, 03:25 PM
I will give people the benefit of the doubt if English is their second language, which is most likely the case in your situation fcman.

No they were both American. Just some people have more important things to worry about than if it's supposed to be 'there' or 'their'

If you can't understand what someone is talking about when they make a small grammar error, it's probably you who needs the refresher course (by you I mean anyone who this applies to)

BobbyFresco
10-05-2009, 03:28 PM
FYI:
I'm not a native American, although an American citizen.
My first language is Spanish and I did not speak or write a word of English until I was 6 years old. That being said, I never once used my disadvantage, at that point and time, to not learn English in its entirety.

Excuses are bullshit and so is this practice of accepting shorthand, text speak, and slang.

BKgen®
10-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Bottom line IMHO:

Supposedly, IA users have to meet the minimum age requirement of 18 in order to be a member. If you're at or above the age of 18 and are consistently making grammatical mistakes that most 10-year-olds would easily recognize and correct, then using "it's just the internet" isn't a viable excuse at all. You're just plain ignorant.

BobbyFresco
10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Bottom line IMHO:

Supposedly, IA users have to meet the minimum age requirement of 18 in order to be a member. If you're at or above the age of 18 and are consistently making grammatical mistakes that most 10-year-olds would easily recognize and correct, then using "it's just the internet" isn't a viable excuse at all. You're just plain ignorant.

Agreed.
/ thread.

SicStang03
10-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Couldn't you be more original? Such as using "hey man, hold your hands in the air and jump and let the beach out of your infested mildew!?" or something classy and simple.. "hi Sandy..." lol :cheers: or better yet " wow someone else has developed there two new muscles that's connected to their virginia."

their :screwy:

there is an difference between accident and stupidity

man
10-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Bottom line IMHO:

The funny thing is only a 13 year-old momma's boy that plays Halo all day would bitch about things like grammar. So maybe those that are complaining should be banned...

On_Her_Face
10-05-2009, 05:37 PM

Just because someone put out a typo/misspell a word why are they are consider stupid? I do understand that some of us do not know the proper way of forming a perfect sentence structure and such. I don't hold anyone accountable to it or give them hassle..

discuss/flame

There has yet to be an E-Thug post in this thread.

BKgen®
10-05-2009, 06:13 PM
The funny thing is only a 13 year-old momma's boy that plays Halo all day would bitch about things like grammar. So maybe those that are complaining should be banned...

Not complaining -- Just making an observation, cupcake. You offended? Got a bad track record with grammar and spelling?

teh bri
10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Not complaining -- Just making an observation, cupcake. You offended? Got a bad track record with grammar and spelling?

Joo said "cupcake!" :lmao:

ultm8mind
10-05-2009, 06:44 PM

X2, what he said, LOL....

Tracy
10-05-2009, 06:44 PM

I can't and will not take a person seriously, when they are unable to articulate their thoughts, like every educated adult should be able to.I was just about to post a similar story—but you made it easier on me. Thanks.

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 06:55 PM
their :screwy:

there is an difference between accident and stupidity

good eye sir.. That was my mistake I didn't think to re-read my post thanks for catching my error. btw I do know the difference between

there- a place or thing
their- belongs to someone

well that's how I acknowledge it.

man
10-05-2009, 07:09 PM

Not at all buddy, I have yet to see someone correct my spelling OR(the word 'and' in your statement is improperly suited to the context :D) grammar. I just find it funny that whenever someone flings an insult at someone else the only comeback they can muster up is a comment about their grammar.

man
10-05-2009, 07:25 PM
So you're using two people as the basis for making your point?

I would venture to say that most people involved in the field of academia are not functioning illiterates, much like the majority of this forum and our country.
Why is it that in other countries, students are taught to write and speak perfect English and do so better than most of us do, not being their native language, but Americans butcher what we grow up knowing and learning?

Hell... in most countries, students are fluent in numerous languages where as most people in this country struggle with just one...:rolleyes:

However, for the sake of perpetuating stupidity, let's allow people to express themsleves in whatever way they want, no matter how idiotic they may appear. This includes but is not limited to ebonics, redneck slang, spanglish, etc...

That's pretty funny, because you realize almost all languages are subject to different dialects or slang.

Also, English slang is simply a result of the fact that we speak one of the most awkward languages on the planet. The English we speak today is so far from 'proper' that it's pretty moronic to attempt to draw a line at how improperly someone should be able to speak. For instance, look at the abundant contractions and lack of the subjunctive mood.

Hypocrisy anyone?

BobbyFresco
10-05-2009, 07:53 PM
That's pretty funny, because you realize almost all languages are subject to different dialects or slang.

Your point?

Also, English slang is simply a result of the fact that we speak one of the most awkward languages on the planet

Are you that hell bent on defending the rights of the inept that you can't comprehend what is being said in this thread?

The English we speak today is so far from 'proper' that it's pretty moronic to attempt to draw a line at how improperly someone should be able to speak. For instance, look at the abundant contractions and lack of the subjunctive mood.

Hypocrisy anyone?

The context in which you are framing your argument is very different than the content of this conversation.

We are not discussing the merits of traditional English versus the modern day variant.

As Brandon has already stated, if an elementary school aged child can distinguish the differences between rudementary words such as their, there, you're, your, etc, and use them properly, forum members presumably at least the minimum age required to register to participate here should be able to as well.

rehab
10-05-2009, 08:00 PM
All this spamming bullshit about grammar over the internet does little positive to advance peoples' ability to be what one might consider to be a "good and wise net-citizen."
My suggestion would be for everyone to shut the fuck up and "ethug."

BKgen®
10-05-2009, 08:15 PM

(the word 'and' in your statement is improperly suited to the context :D)

lolol.

The word "and" in my statement is perfectly fine. Conjunctions join two sentence elements -- In this case, spelling and grammar.

That was a pretty weak and desperate attempt at "correcting" me. You're really reaching out into left field here...

I (and other members who may be sticklers for grammar/spelling at times) only correct things that are blatantly obvious. They don't typically go around looking to nitpick for the hell of things like you just did.

rehab
10-05-2009, 08:21 PM
lolol.

The word "and" in my statement is perfectly fine. Conjunctions join two sentence elements -- In this case, spelling and grammar.

That was a pretty weak and desperate attempt at "correcting" me. You're really reaching out into left field here...

I (and other members who may be sticklers for grammar/spelling at times) only correct things that are blatantly obvious. They don't typically go around looking to nitpick for the hell of things like you just did.

The letter "L" in "lolol" needed to be capitalized, brah. Correct it before fcman sees it.

man
10-05-2009, 08:21 PM
lolol.

Seriously, 'and' is incorrect. Not gonna explain why, I'm not your English professor. Just realize that 'or' is the proper conjunction.

man
10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
All this spamming bullshit about grammar over the internet does little positive to advance peoples' ability to be what one might consider to be a "good and wise net-citizen."
My suggestion would be for everyone to shut the fuck up and "ethug."

That's right bitch, fuck the (grammar) police. I are like to types hoewver the fuck I want bitchedssss. Fuck you clowns. lol

rehab
10-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Seriously, 'and' is incorrect. Not gonna explain why, I'm not your English professor. Just realize that 'or' is the proper conjunction.

Technically you are correct -because spelling falls in the same catagory as grammar does. They both represent the same thing, but on the flip side gktib is also correct.

In his mind that is.

BKgen®
10-05-2009, 08:25 PM
lawl

man
10-05-2009, 08:27 PM
lawl

werd. Can't we all just get along???

BKgen®
10-05-2009, 08:33 PM
YES WE CAN.

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 08:37 PM
I just find it funny that whenever someone flings an insult at someone else the only comeback they can muster up is a comment about their grammar.

This is what made me start this thread base on that statement alone.

BobbyFresco
10-05-2009, 08:46 PM
werd. Can't we all just get along???

YES WE CAN.

Are y'all going to hug it out now?:lmfao:

BKgen®
10-05-2009, 08:52 PM
My fist is going to hug it out with your face.

BobbyFresco
10-05-2009, 08:58 PM
My fist is going to hug it out with your face.

:lmfao:

Do eeet, son.

TRDwasiq
10-05-2009, 09:33 PM
well QD almost DIED

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 09:46 PM
well QD almost DIED

Cause he couldn't stand another idiot making a statment that has nothing to pertain to the subject...

just messing with you...
:cheers:

The Ninja
10-05-2009, 09:46 PM
The public education system has obviously failed 30-40% (if not more) of IA's members. Maybe someday the morons I speak of will make an effort to better themselves and attempt to fully grasp the correct usage of the English language. Until that day comes, I'll be here -- To serve and correct.
Yea!
Also, before you give some overly long-winded post to -try- and display your grammar skills, maybe you should proofread it.

"...Maybe, someday,..."

quickdodge®
10-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Yea!
Also, before you give some overly long-winded post to -try- and display your grammar skills, maybe you should proofread it.

"...Maybe, someday,..."

Reread that sentence, Ninja. It is grammatically correct in the context he was using. Later, QD.

TRDwasiq
10-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Cause he couldn't stand another idiot making a statment that has nothing to pertain to the subject...

just messing with you...
:cheers:

:D I am just Bored :(

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Reread that sentence, Ninja. It is grammatically correct in the context he was using. Later, QD.

QD do you have something that alerts you when your name pops up?

quickdodge®
10-05-2009, 09:54 PM
QD do you have something that alerts you when your name pops up?

Heheh. I do have the board set up to where I get a message if QD, quickdodge or a couple of other tag words are typed in. Later, QD.

FAM0U5
10-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Heheh. I do have the board set up to where I get a message if QD, quickdodge or a couple of other tag words are typed in. Later, QD.

dam that's pimp... trade you my supra for that power that you have over the forums.:D:D:D

5k3tch_GTI
10-06-2009, 01:15 AM

how you goin to quote my stuff from the gym ass whole lol...:ninja:

02SloWrx
10-06-2009, 01:50 AM

discuss/flame

I beleive i made a thread just like this one few days ago. I only got 3 or so replies, wtf.

BluesClues
10-06-2009, 10:41 AM
I beleive i made a thread just like this one few days ago. I only got 3 or so replies, wtf.
He's Hispanic and it's Hispanic Heritage month? :dunno:

BobbyFresco
10-06-2009, 10:43 AM
He's Hispanic and it's Hispanic Heritage month? :dunno:

I see what you did there.:lmfao:

BluesClues
10-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I see what you did there.:lmfao:

You like it huh? :D

FAM0U5
10-06-2009, 02:09 PM
wow lol so now i can finally say "it's because im mexican.."

BluesClues
10-06-2009, 02:13 PM
wow lol so now i can finally say "it's because im mexican.."
For once, yes! Live it up for the month :D:goodjob:

FAM0U5
10-06-2009, 03:02 PM
For once, yes! Live it up for the month :D:goodjob:

I thought 5 de mayo was our month.. fuk it Ill drink..

BKgen®
10-06-2009, 03:41 PM

Cinco de Mayo is a day -- Not a month.

lolol

FAM0U5
10-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Cinco de Mayo is a day -- Not a month.

lolol

do you honestly believe we stop drinking that day?

you know what... Im gonna have some banana smoothie say good bye to your cousins.:bump:

BobbyFresco
10-06-2009, 05:10 PM
do you honestly believe we stop drinking that day?

you know what... Im gonna have some banana smoothie say good bye to your cousins.:bump:

Brandon is so gangster, he doesn't give a fuck about bananas. He'll chop them bitches up, press the liquify button on his blender, and then drink that shit with a smile on his face. True story.

BluesClues
10-06-2009, 07:23 PM
That's a day within the month, not the whole month :doh:

BKgen®
10-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Brandon is so gangster, he doesn't give a fuck about bananas. He'll chop them bitches up, press the liquify button on his blender, and then drink that shit with a smile on his face. True story.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/brandonp47//fknLOL.jpg