PDA

View Full Version : best solution to....

Master Shake
10-04-2009, 02:57 PM
completely flush out the lines for the slace cylinder.

my girl's civic's dropped pressure due to low fluid and air getting in the lines. i noticed it was building up nasty dirt and shit all in it. so i was wonder what is the best way to flush it all out. i don't wanna sit and just pump fluid thru it over and over. something i can put in, flush it all out, and fill back up.

any suggestions?

94@ccordLX
10-04-2009, 09:14 PM
the only way i know of doing it is what you said you dont want to do. Thats the way we always flused out our lines. brakes and clutches. There may be another way but im unaware of it. Good luck in finding out.... oh yeah and ATHF is awesome.

Barefoot
10-05-2009, 12:29 AM
flsuh it like normal pretty much. there is a faster way mighty vac makes the tools but its like 150 and heed a air compressor.

NoWAyItZTOMmY
10-05-2009, 01:42 AM
open the fitting on teh cylinder and keep pumping til empty. fill and bleed

dallasb84
10-05-2009, 02:49 AM
get a friend to do it

Master Shake
10-05-2009, 10:41 AM
thanks fella's. i just didn't want to fill and pump it out and do it over again. but i might have to try what barefoot said and see if i can just blow it out or something.

if i wanted a friend to do it, i wouldn't have posted this up. kinda the point.

and 94@ccord, ATHF is the shit! i love adult swim. lol.

RBS
10-05-2009, 12:02 PM
slace? .. slave cylinder? clutch?

eh, take a small 1 foot hose and stick it on the nipple on the slave cyl. and open the nipple up a lil, and stick the other end in a cup full of brake fluid, making sure that the end stays submerged. and then, just pump away until you feel like it has straight clean fluid in it then close the nipple.

ive been doing this method for years and it works perfect everytime, no need for buggin a friend or a expensive shop tool ( although it would help )

Barefoot
10-05-2009, 12:57 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFN9WC thats what im talking about. does the job in a 5 mins for all 4 wheel.

Master Shake
10-06-2009, 07:48 AM
slace? .. slave cylinder? clutch?

eh, take a small 1 foot hose and stick it on the nipple on the slave cyl. and open the nipple up a lil, and stick the other end in a cup full of brake fluid, making sure that the end stays submerged. and then, just pump away until you feel like it has straight clean fluid in it then close the nipple.

ive been doing this method for years and it works perfect everytime, no need for buggin a friend or a expensive shop tool ( although it would help )
yes the slave cylinder for the clutch. that was a type-o on my part.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFN9WC thats what im talking about. does the job in a 5 mins for all 4 wheel.its not for the brakes. the brake lines look pretty clean. nothing in the fluid or anything. just the reservoir for the slave cylinder. but i will have to look into getting that and see how it works.

Barefoot
10-06-2009, 11:23 AM
its not for the brakes. the brake lines look pretty clean. nothing in the fluid or anything. just the reservoir for the slave cylinder. but i will have to look into getting that and see how it works.it will work for clutch lines also. by no means is it the cheapest route but it is the fastest. an in a shop environment pays for it self in time saved.

Master Shake
10-06-2009, 12:03 PM
it will work for clutch lines also. by no means is it the cheapest route but it is the fastest. an in a shop environment pays for it self in time saved.
word. thanks for the info!

Feffman
10-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Pick up a Motive brake bleeder if you are going to flush/fill/bleed the brakes reguarly. You piur the brake fluid into the Motive container, hook it to the master cylinder, pressurize it with the hand pump and open the bleed screw. Done flushing in no time flat with no air in the lines.

http://store.motiveproducts.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=motive&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=912334620&Count2=829475045

One of the best tools I've ever owned to make a tedious job simple.

Feff