PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Project "Whine"

One_Bad_SHO
10-04-2009, 08:06 AM
*COMING SOON TO A SHO NEAR YOU* :goodjob:

Now I'll be able to use the power without fear of breaking axles and gears.

"Project "Whine" is a Heavy Duty Transmission gear set for the SHOs.

1) Third and Fourth Gear will be removable.

2) They will have a slight helical gear cut (but will whine some, hence "project whine")

3)It will still use the same syncos (not Dog engagement)

4)1st thru 5th gears are HD.

5)price will be @ $5000.00 plus shipping for a complete gear set.

6)gears are rated @ 500-600 h/p range

7)gears will be warranted for manufactures defects only. Warranty will not cover h/p over gear rate or abuse (i.e. not shifting fully into gear) or bad installation."

40th GT
10-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I saw one of those at Commerce running mid 14s.
It was most likely stock. :goodjob:

Starrfire
10-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Not to put a damper on the SHO, but it starts at 37k. Its heavy and gay also. I'd rather have a gt mustang, and that is a strong statement with so many better muscle cars out there.

One_Bad_SHO
10-05-2009, 04:40 AM
Not to put a damper on the SHO, but it starts at 37k. Its heavy and gay also. I'd rather have a gt mustang, and that is a strong statement with so many better muscle cars out there.

This thread is about a heavy duty gear set for MY 1992 SC'd sho. Not the new ones. :goodjob:

Starrfire
10-05-2009, 11:11 PM
^^^Well then thats kinda cool. Pics?

JITB
10-05-2009, 11:14 PM

soo much wrong with this..

when has 360hp awd TT v6 been gay?
And when has anything Awd in america been lightweight?
And why are u comparing it to a mustang...

Starrfire
10-05-2009, 11:20 PM
A.because the sho has never been an all out performer. Just ok at passing and stuff.
B.Don't know about the curb weights of all the AWD vehicles produced here.
C. Because they are cheaper and a better performer, especially if you plan to modify them.

JITB
10-05-2009, 11:23 PM
A.because the sho has never been an all out performer. Just ok at passing and stuff.
C. Because they are cheaper and a better performer, especially if you plan to modify them.

A. neither was the honda civic

B. Gonna be hard to find any new turbo Awd cars sold in the US under 3500 lbs

C. Thats all opinion based, except the price. Stock v Stock i believe they both wouldnt be too far apart.

japan4racing
10-06-2009, 12:30 AM
fwiw the new gt and the sho are gonna cost you about the same i have looked at numerous gt's that are $36-40k depending on how you option them out.

this belongs to a guy on svtperformance.com..he traded in his terminator for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0pne0USK3M&feature=player_embedded

at the time he had a tune on it from unleashed performance. the tune alone dropped his e.t by .62 seconds...these cars are horribly detuned....intake, exhuast, and more boost and these family sedans are gonna be raping ppl that though they had something serious.

Revmaynard
10-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Nice, he can be in the 12's with a better r/t.

japan4racing
10-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Nice, he can be in the 12's with a better r/t.

you mean 60' right?

One_Bad_SHO
10-06-2009, 01:52 AM

The first gen SHOs outperformed the BMW 5 series of its day and costed half as much, not to mention the Caddys and Audis it put to shame. Speed, safety, you name it. Look it up. Google is your friend.

Secondly, the new SHO outperforms more expensive rivals such as the v8 Audi a6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsWvK92HNpM). Many more tests can be found on youtube.

All in all, I don't like the new SHO all that much nor did I create this thread to debate the ups and downs of it. I'm a die-hard old school SHO fan, back when they all had YAMAHA engines.

One_Bad_SHO
10-06-2009, 01:53 AM
^^^Well then thats kinda cool. Pics?

Its a group buy. Deposit is down, this wont be fully bought and installed for another 5-6 months. :goodjob:

japan4racing
10-06-2009, 09:46 AM
what exactly do you have done to this sho?

One_Bad_SHO
10-06-2009, 10:56 AM
what exactly do you have done to this sho?

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208591

japan4racing
10-06-2009, 11:22 AM
nice

patrick4588
10-06-2009, 12:03 PM
good luck with the new tranny, looks like a nice setup you got there.