PDA

View Full Version : over heating problem

dirk-diggler
10-01-2009, 06:24 PM
ok let me start from the begining, temp gauge went up 3 qaurters of the way , so i check coolant , all still up to leavel , i beed it out with a funal , still doing it , took out thermostate, change cts under dizzy, bleed system agine for air bubbles, ok heres is whats funny only does it every 3 or 4 days and no coolant lost . could it be a water pump ......... any 1 got any ideals lmk, oh and you can park it and let it cool off a few min and then its fine for a few days

Master Shake
10-01-2009, 06:39 PM
did you replace the t-stat?

Barefoot
10-01-2009, 06:58 PM
did you replace the t-stat?:goodjob::goodjob: have u pressure tested for leaks also.

dirk-diggler
10-01-2009, 07:04 PM
i gutted the thermostate, and have pressure tested it for leaks , and there was no leaks. i not loseing any coolant

Master Shake
10-01-2009, 07:19 PM
you just removed the t-stat?

seems to be your problem right there. running without a t-stat will cause it to happen if you sit still or run your car for an extended period of time. the coolant just constantly flows and once it all starts to heat up the only way it will cool off is thru the fan and since its constantly flowing it won't cool like its suppose to.

put a t-stat back in so the car can regulate the hot/cool coolant.

jadakid88
10-01-2009, 07:20 PM
water pump

Barefoot
10-01-2009, 07:22 PM
you just removed the t-stat?

seems to be your problem right there. running without a t-stat will cause it to happen if you sit still or run your car for an extended period of time. the coolant just constantly flows and once it all starts to heat up the only way it will cool off is thru the fan and since its constantly flowing it won't cool like its suppose to.

put a t-stat back in so the car can regulate the hot/cool coolant.very possible.

water pump
i wouldnt go that far just yet.

Master Shake
10-01-2009, 07:24 PM
very possible.

i wouldnt go that far just yet.
i see it as, if the hot coolant is constantly flowing around the block, its just getting hotter. the rad/fan can't cool the coolant down fast enough before its re-entered into the block causing a constant cycle of just making the coolant hotter.

dirk-diggler
10-01-2009, 07:36 PM
i see it as, if the hot coolant is constantly flowing around the block, its just getting hotter. the rad/fan can't cool the coolant down fast enough before its re-entered into the block causing a constant cycle of just making the coolant hotter.
im gonna put 1 back in , just every time i have takken them out befor , it ran cold all the time , even in 100degree weather, and if it was a water pump it seems like it would run hot all da time, gona put a thermastate in and see what happens.

Master Shake
10-01-2009, 07:54 PM
it depends on how long and how hard the car is being driven. coolant will heat up without the t-stat. with the constant flow at a higher rpm than idle, it will take longer. if it sits it will heat up quick.

dirk-diggler
10-01-2009, 08:13 PM
its a 4 door auto , almost granny driven, and when it is sittin most of the time it runs cold, man its crazy

Master Shake
10-01-2009, 08:23 PM
have you flushed the system before?

gsrteg
10-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Please put the thermostat back in, Its there for a reason. I recommend replacing it with a new OEM thermostat. The same happen to me a while back, bought a car and it started overheating, I replaced new radiator and water pump, IN THE END i found out previous asshol owner took the thermostat out...Luckly I did not run the car hard or long til I installed a new OEM thermostat, car now runs like a champ...

dirk-diggler
10-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Please put the thermostat back in, Its there for a reason. I recommend replacing it with a new OEM thermostat. The same happen to me a while back, bought a car and it started overheating, I replaced new radiator and water pump, IN THE END i found out previous asshol owner took the thermostat out...Luckly I did not run the car hard or long til I installed a new OEM thermostat, car now runs like a champ...
new stat will be put in , in the morning thanks guys

Schroeder
10-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Did the new T-Stat fix it? If not try flushing out the radiator with radiator flush. Rad might be clogged up.

dirk-diggler
10-23-2009, 05:29 PM
no it was a head gasket

SlamminCRX
10-23-2009, 07:06 PM
dang no one tought it was headgasket lol

master shake is completely right tho, my car overheated a couple of times for not having a thermostat. i didnt know i didnt have one, i bought it like that lol.