PDA

View Full Version : flywheel help

T34me
10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
has anyone ever had a problem with a pushing the pilot bearing in a zex flywheel? It will not go in!

Barefoot
10-01-2009, 12:39 PM
sure u are putting it in from the right side and that u have the right bearing.

punkr6
10-01-2009, 12:40 PM
take a socket and flip it over on top of the bearong and tap it in, If it still wont go, go to a parts store and match it up with another one. You may have the wrong bearing. Its a tight fit but should go in with a good couple wacks- be careful not to damage it...

Master Shake
10-01-2009, 01:15 PM
if its the right bearing, it will be a snug fit, should be able to start it by hand and use a rubber mallet or something to tap it the rest of the way in.

if it's not fitting, it might be the wrong one.

T34me
10-01-2009, 10:49 PM
the bearing came with clutch, the outer ring of metal completely overlaps flywheel, i went to acura and honda, neither had one i could compare it to

punkr6
10-02-2009, 03:34 AM
the bearing came with clutch, the outer ring of metal completely overlaps flywheel, i went to acura and honda, neither had one i could compare it to

check all your local parts stores, till you find one. make sure you got the right clutch and pressure plate to. if the bearing is wrong, the rest might be too. is this an ebay kit ?

T34me
10-02-2009, 09:30 AM
its exedy kit off ebay

Master Shake
10-02-2009, 09:34 AM
do you have the correct flywheel for the motor?

i used a ebay clutch kit and every works just fine for me. hell its still in my car. pilot bearing to the throwout bearing.

T34me
10-02-2009, 10:31 PM
so, went to auto zone, compared the one that came with my clutch to one that they had, it was the EXACT same bearing, not just size, it WAS the bearing that i had. I find it hard to believe that a $400 zex flywheel was machined improperly

Barefoot
10-02-2009, 11:01 PM
so, went to auto zone, compared the one that came with my clutch to one that they had, it was the EXACT same bearing, not just size, it WAS the bearing that i had. I find it hard to believe that a $400 zex flywheel was machined improperly
i still believe your trying to install improper.

T34me
10-03-2009, 10:14 PM
alright, just because im drinking im going to tell you...ive never had to put one of these in, so needless to say, i already had flywheel on and was trying to put it in on front side, unbolted it and it slipped right in the backside....ahahhah i love when that happens

punkr6
10-03-2009, 10:24 PM
alright, just because im drinking im going to tell you...ive never had to put one of these in, so needless to say, i already had flywheel on and was trying to put it in on front side, unbolted it and it slipped right in the backside....ahahhah i love when that happens

please stop working on your car....

Barefoot
10-04-2009, 08:44 AM
alright, just because im drinking im going to tell you...ive never had to put one of these in, so needless to say, i already had flywheel on and was trying to put it in on front side, unbolted it and it slipped right in the backside....ahahhah i love when that happensi do remember telling u it only goes in 1 way in my first post. y didnt u think to yourself hay let me try the other side then. could have saved a lot of time and gas and other peoples time.

T34me
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM
please stop working on your car....

ahahha...go fuck yourself you cock sucking piece of shit

T34me
10-04-2009, 10:07 PM
i do remember telling u it only goes in 1 way in my first post. y didnt u think to yourself hay let me try the other side then. could have saved a lot of time and gas and other peoples time.

because i respect your advice, i will not become irritated at this, i was not trying to waste time, i have built motors before, key word being motors, not messing with transmission, so its a learning experience

Barefoot
10-05-2009, 12:24 AM
because i respect your advice, i will not become irritated at this, i was not trying to waste time, i have built motors before, key word being motors, not messing with transmission, so its a learning experiencenot saying it be a dick "just say" lol. thats what they say around here these days.

punkr6
10-05-2009, 03:01 AM
ahahha...go fuck yourself you cock sucking piece of shit

LOL, someone needs a hug...