PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Bad Company 2

man
09-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Anyone seen this yet? Honestly this game might pull me away from Call of duty when it comes out.

If you haven't played a Battlefield game, you're missing out, badly.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-battlefield-bad/56418?type=flv

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/battlefield-moments-battlefield-bad/57023

KREEP
09-30-2009, 07:16 PM
I play battelfield 1943, Bad company and when Bad Company 2 comes out I will have it too! These games are pretty cool but they need to fix some issues with the squad joining.

man
09-30-2009, 07:21 PM
You play on 360 or PC?

KREEP
09-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I play these on PS3

03RCode
09-30-2009, 10:23 PM
I will definitely try it out.

Miles... download the Uncharted 2 demo... addicting as a mofugger.

VQ35 Star
10-01-2009, 12:40 AM
The first battlefield was good SINGLE player, but multiplayer was kinda weak, for me. THis will not beat COD IMO but it should be a really good game.

man
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
The first battlefield was good SINGLE player, but multiplayer was kinda weak, for me. THis will not beat COD IMO but it should be a really good game.

IDK about that man. Did you check the videos? I really think this games going in the direction that call of duty needs to, more intense realism, less arcadey running and gunning.

DaSmittyman
10-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I have stuck with the entire series after BF1942, i have loved all of them BF1942, BF2, BF2142(kinda weak it was alright), and bad company. I am waiting for BF 1943(for the PC). I play all of them on PC but bad company. I absolutely hated bad company on the 360. Then again i am a pc gamer:goodjob:

I went back to BF Vietnam but it was alright kinda tough actually haha

man
10-01-2009, 05:01 PM
I have stuck with the entire series after BF1942, i have loved all of them BF1942, BF2, BF2142(kinda weak it was alright), and bad company. I am waiting for BF 1943(for the PC). I play all of them on PC but bad company. I absolutely hated bad company on the 360. Then again i am a pc gamer:goodjob:

I went back to BF Vietnam but it was alright kinda tough actually haha

I never played Bad Company but I've played all the others and I still play BF2 and mods regularly

VQ35 Star
10-01-2009, 06:45 PM
IDK about that man. Did you check the videos? I really think this games going in the direction that call of duty needs to, more intense realism, less arcadey running and gunning.

they are 2 very different types of shooters and you cant really compare them. I cant really explain it, but it was more of a team based straight up war type of shooter and COD is more of a single multiplayer where you dont have to depend on the team as much as you do in BF, you get what i'm saying?

and plus its just a matter of opinion whether you think BC is better than COD or COD is better than BC.

firby911
10-01-2009, 08:41 PM
For those of you that talk about realism and such,i suggest you look at Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. Comes out in a few days and looks pretty good imo. Offtopic but im just giving a heads up.

man
10-01-2009, 09:20 PM
they are 2 very different types of shooters and you cant really compare them. I cant really explain it, but it was more of a team based straight up war type of shooter and COD is more of a single multiplayer where you dont have to depend on the team as much as you do in BF, you get what i'm saying?

and plus its just a matter of opinion whether you think BC is better than COD or COD is better than BC.

You are correct sir.

For those of you that talk about realism and such,i suggest you look at Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. Comes out in a few days and looks pretty good imo. Offtopic but im just giving a heads up.

I'll probably be picking this up. I have Arma II already and it's pretty intense

DaSmittyman
10-01-2009, 11:54 PM
its different because the maps are huge, especially for a solider to walk. So the game also has vehicles, from jeeps, tanks, APC(armored personal carrier), planes on some maps and even helicopters. What makes this game different is, its main play mode is conquest and to keep pushing you really have to make use of all the vehicles to move your teammates forward quickly. Of course, the spawn points move as you push forward so you don't have to walk as far, but it still is usually on average a good 4 minute walk to the next spawn point on large maps.

02SloWrx
10-02-2009, 02:16 AM
I gotta admit, that shit looks good. cod might have some competition.

man
10-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Also, for those that don't know about Battlefield games. These videos are unscripted multiplayer vids. This is the kind of shit you'll be seeing everytime you turn the game on.

VQ35 Star
10-02-2009, 10:33 AM
If you don't know about battlefield games, you are def. missing out. If you ever wanted to fly a plane and bomb other players and proceed to kamikaze your plane into the ground near enemies. or blow up people with a tank and run them over and then shoot a plane down with the tank you should def. be looking into some battlefield games.

chaseamundo
10-05-2009, 09:36 PM
so overall these are a good series of games? i almost bought but wasnt sure about it

man
10-06-2009, 02:07 PM
so overall these are a good series of games? i almost bought but wasnt sure about it

Yeah man, BF2 is still incredibly popular and there are tons of mods out there. But BF2 was the pinnacle of the Battlefield games, the rest are good, but don't really stack up. Kinda like comparing COD 1/2/3/5 to COD4