PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, GA...

quickdodgeŽ
09-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Who the hail goes there for a vacation?

I'm reading through a Reader's Digest and come across a vacation guide insert. They mention a few beach cities and some mountainous areas a little North, but then they say to come to Columbus, GA.

What the fuck? Aside from Pine Mountain and Calloway, why in the hail would anyone go there to vacation? Fill me in, Columbus folks. Later, QD.

JITB
09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
lol yea columbus kind of blows, callaway isnt that great either... id rather go to stone mountain.

AnthonyF
09-30-2009, 02:40 PM
I've passed there on my way to FL, not once have ever though. "WOO HOO, lets stop there!"

~waits for the Columbus residers~

-Ant.

Crazy Asian
09-30-2009, 02:40 PM

I'm reading through a Reader's Digest and come across a vacation guide insert. They mention a few beach cities and some mountainous areas a little North, but then they say to come to Columbus, GA.

What the fuck? Aside from Pine Mountain and Calloway, why in the hail would anyone go there to vacation? Fill me in, Columbus folks. Later, QD.

To see Autumn, the world's record for the most guys slept with on IA.

roxie911
09-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Who would even visit GA for a vacation?? Honestly....

Unless you're crazy about granite or Coca-Cola....I really don't see the need.

-EnVus-
09-30-2009, 02:55 PM
I got a bro that lives there its nice but i have never seen vacation worthy lol

AnthonyF
09-30-2009, 02:56 PM

Coca-Cola has always been in Atlanta.

-Ant.

roxie911
09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Coca-Cola is now in Atlanta though, even less of a reason to go down there.

-Ant.

I was talking about GA in general...not Columbus.

xxbckiexx
09-30-2009, 03:03 PM

Great place to camp. Spent many months there in the freezing winter in Ranger School.

AnthonyF
09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I was talking about GA in general...not Columbus.
This thread is about Columbus though. :thinking:

-Ant.

bdydrpdmazda
09-30-2009, 03:08 PM
infantry museum is there

bdydrpdmazda
09-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Great place to camp. Spent many months there in the freezing winter in Ranger School.
why were you there for ranger school for many months, its only like 60 days long and takes place in several phases on several bases

quickdodgeŽ
09-30-2009, 03:11 PM
No seriously. There is nothing to do there that you couldn't do anywhere else much more exciting. Later, QD.

SoLJames95
09-30-2009, 03:13 PM

Well I do not know? As I have lived for the past 2 years, I have seen nothing interested as far as scenery... But as far as History goes, there is quite a bit, and a lot of overlooked history and theirs museums everywhere about everything. But the one thing is that alot people dont know is that Coke was invented here in Columbus, but Coke-Cola company uses Atlanta as the cover up and tourist trap due to Volume. And the City is host to the biggest military base in the United States as far as population. If you would like to go into real detail and a history lesson. Highway 85 was suppose to run through Columbus back when building the city, and the rich guys/ who owned everything, paid off and work some deals out so that it would not. They were scared of a interstate highway running through and people with deeper pockets taking their glory. Thats why their is 185.

Because 80% of Columbus are privately owned businesses that have been around for 20,30,40,etc years...

Okay my fingers hurt.:(
Sources: Local Library, with articles and documents, and they taught us at Columbus State University.

xxbckiexx
09-30-2009, 03:15 PM
why were you there for ranger school for many months, its only like 60 days long and takes place in several phases on several bases

actually. there's ranger school. and ranger battalion. which i did both.

i moved from ranger, to ranger battalion to sergeant in 18 months.

roxie911
09-30-2009, 03:23 PM
This thread is about Columbus though. :thinking:

-Ant.

ok? Well, I said what is there to do in GA just in general...like...why is GA even considered a "vacation" spot?

Sigh...nevermind.

On_Her_Face
09-30-2009, 03:52 PM

Were you reading it in the men's room? That is the only time I read RD.

Buttons
09-30-2009, 04:54 PM
To see Autumn, the world's record for the most guys slept with on IA.

I live in Kennesaw now, sorries.

Most of Columbus is quite pretty, but other than Callaway and Pine Mountain and Ft. Benning, there's not much.

Um, The writer of the Heart is a Lonely Hunter (Carson McCullers) has a historic house, because she lived there. The Springer Opera House is pretty popular. The National Civil War Naval Museum is home in Columbus.

I'm trying to think of other attractions.

jcs
09-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Well I do not know? As I have lived for the past 2 years, I have seen nothing interested as far as scenery... But as far as History goes, there is quite a bit, and a lot of overlooked history and theirs museums everywhere about everything. But the one thing is that alot people dont know is that Coke was invented here in Columbus, but Coke-Cola company uses Atlanta as the cover up and tourist trap due to Volume. And the City is host to the biggest military base in the United States as far as population. If you would like to go into real detail and a history lesson. Highway 85 was suppose to run through Columbus back when building the city, and the rich guys/ who owned everything, paid off and work some deals out so that it would not. They were scared of a interstate highway running through and people with deeper pockets taking their glory. Thats why their is 185.

Because 80% of Columbus are privately owned businesses that have been around for 20,30,40,etc years...

Okay my fingers hurt.:(
Sources: Local Library, with articles and documents, and they taught us at Columbus State University.

yep he was born in my home town of knoxville or crawford county.most of you might have passed it on the way to import showdown....we have a little museum about him....lol

MachNU
09-30-2009, 08:00 PM

I take it you have never been to Savannah before or Tybee Island?

Ms Dollar
09-30-2009, 08:22 PM
I was born in Columbus :ninja:

ultm8mind
09-30-2009, 09:30 PM

Hey brother, there is a bunch of boring shit here. Possibly when you get about 50 or 60 you'll appreciate a little more. Haha. But really, it's the "Home of the Infantry," "Home of the Airborne," and "Home of the Rangers." It is also home to the highest deployed brigade in the Army, which I am unfortunately assigned to, LOL. We will be hitting Iraq next month actually, yet again. But there are several historical things to see, to include the new National Infantry Museum, which has 4 IMAX theaters in it. I "live" here but am hardly here......

90_ACCORD
09-30-2009, 09:33 PM
lol yea columbus kind of blows, callaway isnt that great either... id rather go to stone mountain.

haha i was just thinking that same thing but then again the only thing in stone mountain is the mountain and you cant really make a long vacation out of that. one day at the mountain you can do everything and there is nothing else there to fill your time with

japan4racing
10-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey brother, there is a bunch of boring shit here. Possibly when you get about 50 or 60 you'll appreciate a little more. Haha.

wont be long QD.....couple years and you will be visiting columbus weekly!

Ziptied
10-01-2009, 10:30 AM
God only knows, I live in one of the most popular vacations spots on the east coast..... Charleston..... god damn tourists, I wants to sh00t them.

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 10:33 AM
wont be long QD.....couple years and you will be visiting columbus weekly!

No. I drive through there about 3-4 times a week for work and see nothing to get me there, lolol.

God only knows, I live in one of the most popular vacations spots on the east coast..... Charleston..... god damn tourists, I wants to sh00t them.

I love Charleston. I go there quite often. About 3-4 times per year. Later, QD.

Ziptied
10-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah, but you come here enough that to me you dont seem like a tourist, im sure you know your way around.