PDA

View Full Version : Misc Question for service health addicts

KMDX
10-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Okay I am 27 year old female, been overweight somewhat all my life, I have just recently started working out at the gym regularly, most of the time 6 days a week..I would like to double up some days and go twice a day...I think I would benefit from this, obviously I would being more active, but would it tire down my body more...

Currently I am doing 45-60 min. cardio each day....

Thanks for your help!

ruah_23
10-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Ok so what is the question?

KMDX
10-14-2005, 01:44 PM
If I worked out twice a day would it tire my body down more to where it wouldn't be beneficial.

NEONRACER
10-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Working out twice a day isn't always beneficial. The biggest thing that you can do is diet. I am not talking about starving yourself, but you need to do alot of research then sit down and write out a meal plan. What you eat will have the biggest effect on how you progress. Don't worry about any of those diet pills, weightloss drinks. Eat right and excercise on a regular basis and you will see progress.

AznTraitor
10-14-2005, 02:14 PM
yeah, you need to give some time to let your muscles heal....

like you need to set a workout schedule....

unless you are trying to build stamina, running everyday can be a downfall.

it puts alot of strain on your knees and all your muscles need to relax.

KMDX
10-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks thats what I kind of thought...

AznTraitor
10-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Thanks thats what I kind of thought...

also, get on a eating plan....cut out alot of the carbs and things that are heavy in sugars....

dont rely too much on diet pills and such.

if you want to have big muscles and you already have body fat, you can turn that fat into muscle, but you have to keep with the workout otherwise it will go back to fat.

if you want to get toned, dont max out when you work on weights, just do a pyramid with a decent load that you can handle and just keep at it with repetition.

KMDX
10-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I've been doing mainly cardio everyday..25 min treadmill 30-35 min bike...

I haven't been eating well, my plan was to start doing that,

basically want to drop 30 #, and be tone..don't want to be bulky at all.

I have never been a diet pill person...I don't think any of the hype in any of that..If it worked everyone would be thin! :D

AznTraitor
10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I've been doing mainly cardio everyday..25 min treadmill 30-35 min bike...

I haven't been eating well, my plan was to start doing that,

basically want to drop 30 #, and be tone..don't want to be bulky at all.

I have never been a diet pill person...I don't think any of the hype in any of that..If it worked everyone would be thin! :D

now....I did try hydroxycut back in the day when it had edepherine....and I'll be 100% honest with you....it worked....I lost like 15lbs in like 2 weeks. It just sucked though, because it'd feel like your heart was about to pop out of your chest.

Give No-Xplode a shot.....Blurred Visions got me started on it and it's pretty good...no side effects, and it gives you that extra boost when you are working out, but you also have to be motivated to push it just a little longer too, but so far I love it.

check for his thread so you can read up on it.

KMDX
10-14-2005, 03:43 PM
No-xplode is not going to make me look like Hulk Hogan or have chest hair when I get done is it? lol!

NEONRACER
10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
if you want to have big muscles and you already have body fat, you can turn that fat into muscle, but you have to keep with the workout otherwise it will go back to fat.

if you want to get toned, dont max out when you work on weights, just do a pyramid with a decent load that you can handle and just keep at it with repetition.

This is the biggest myth that is spread within the gym. Fat and Muscle are two totally different things. Fat will NOT turn into muscle, preiod point blank this process does not happen. Having a higher body weight will allow you to consume more calories since your body is already used a high calorie diet. You can use these calories to benefit muscle growth by eating the proper calories. This is why alot of big guys stay big when they lose fat and why skinny guys have trouble putting weight on.

From the sound of it you want to cut your calorie intake down and especially cut your fat calories out. Carbs are not the enemy, you need carbs but you need to take in complex carbs, not simple carbs. Use the carbs for energy during the day and before your workout. Later in the day taper down on the intake of them.

Cardio is aerobic and weight lifting is anerobic. Do your cardio before you lift weights or do 10 min before you lift to get the body going and then do 30-40 after you lift. You won't start burning fat until 15 min into your aerobic exercise.

NEONRACER
10-14-2005, 03:46 PM
No-xplode is not going to make me look like Hulk Hogan or have chest hair when I get done is it? lol!

If you are just starting out stay away from anything but a multi vitamin and protein. let you body progress on it's own. The first few months the progress will come easy. Once it starts to taper off you can use supplements to further your gains.

KMDX
10-14-2005, 03:51 PM
thanks!

C22H19N3O4
10-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Wow....the misinformation keeps flowing. I never knew fat and muscle had the same molecular make up....LoL.

ruah_23
10-16-2005, 09:52 PM
If I worked out twice a day would it tire my body down more to where it wouldn't be beneficial.

It depands on ur activity during that day.:)

blurred visions
10-18-2005, 04:13 PM
You mentioned that you dont eat healthy. First off, thats your problem. When I was 16 I weighed in at 230 lbs (all fat). I would smoke some pot and eat mcdonalds atleast once a day. One day I stumbled upon the book Body For Life by Bill Philips and the motivation in it helped me lose weight. But the main point in this is that you can NEVER eat fast food again for as long as your training in order to reach the maximum level of weight loss. Eat subway every day if you have to, which is what I did, and you will see those pounds fall off. Change your eating habits, if not then what your doing in the gym is worthless.

Other than that, good job! I don't know you but Im proud to see you have high interest in becoming fit. Set goals each week and try to reach them. And as for the NO xplode, I would recommend it to you if you need that extra pep in the gym. No, it will not give you a hairy chest since it doesn't have any pro hormones in it, all it does is raise your nitric oxide level, which generally has nothing to do with your hormones.

**The above statements are opinions and shouldn't be perceived as facts. Thank you- BV**

KMDX
10-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the info...bought the no xplode today...so hope everything works out...as far as the eating healthy I noticed that nothing was happening even though I was doing an hour of cardio 7 days a week..so yeah the eating habits will need to be changed..its not that I eat fast food. I just eat out alot, just need to make better choices.!!

NEONRACER
10-21-2005, 03:38 PM
NO Xplode is going to have the exact opposite effect that you desire. You will probably gain weight, depending on how your body reacts to creatine. Some people bloat up real bad on it some don't. The stimulants in NO won't help you loose weight either. If you are serious about losing weight use an ephedra product. Watch your dosing, and moniter your heart rate and dose accordingly. It is safe as long as you use it properly.