PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Issues

knightluder
09-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Anyone know of a good place to get a motor or a rebuild for a Hyosung GT250? Its pretty close to an SV650 in looks but it does have different frames and stuff. I was thinking about getting a 650cc motor out of a GT650 but the mounts are a little different and would require too much work than I am willing to do. I just want to get my bike back up and running for the riding season.
Last night I was on my way to meet the wife to eat dinner and the engine locked up on me. Not sure excatly why or anything. I dont know much about bikes (I have always worked on cars). Im sure if I get a service manual or something, I will figure it out pretty quick.
So anyone know of a motorcycle graveyard around the Forsyth county area (I wiill drive to get the stuff if I need to). Can be metro Atlanta area or really anywere in Ga.
Let me know.

Cool Cat Racing
09-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Good luck with that one. That's why I stick to big name stuff, its easier to find things for it. I don't know of anywhere aside from Ebay that might have that.

knightluder
09-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Yeah I know. I got such a good deal on it though I really couldnt pass it up. They say that the Suzuki GZ250 motor is the same motor but I didnt think the GZ250 was a vtwin. I thought it was a single cyl.
Did I mention that I will trade this one for another bike maybe?? lol.

knightluder
09-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I just did a little research and the GZ250 does have a single cyl motor and is not the same as the Hyosung 250 motor.

Anyone know of a Hyosung dealer around? I dont want to go that route unless I absolutely have to.

knightluder
09-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, it is official. I just got off the phone with my uncle and he said the motor is shot. He said it looks like it came apart on me.
So the hunt for a new engine is on. I am thinking about just trying to find me a used SV650 motor and put it in there. What are your thoughts on this idea?

Cool Cat Racing
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
I know very very little about those bikes so I'm not sure what all you'd have to do. Since I'm sure its carbed you can get an 02 or older SV650 motor and see what you can do. The whole motorsets go pretty cheap on those. Most of my SV650 knowledge came through my 04 but I did a bit with a friends older SV.

knightluder
09-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I think that is gonna be my game plan. I know it will fit on the bike cause my bike is a full size bike even though it has a 250 motor. I think I might just have to make a mount or something for it. I think putting an SV650 motor on there would be the best and probably even cheaper route to go besides rebuilding the 250.
Now I just need to find one for a good price.
I wonder how hard it would be to convert my bike to accept the 04+ SV650 (fuel Injection). And I wonder if the SV1000 engine would fit on my bike.
As you can tell there are alot of things going through my mind.

AnthonyF
10-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Could always try this: ENGINES (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Hyosung+GT250+engine)

Or switch to a Kawi.

-Ant.

THATdude
10-06-2009, 05:54 PM
millenum cycles on 78 used to sell them good luck with korean bike btw their u.s. headquarters is on live oak pkwy in norcross in the office park next to red roof in going towards malibu gran prix.

knightluder
10-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the info.