PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

LightsOut
09-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Need a lil help. My coils off eBay are 82 +shipping. Should I get them or go to a junk yard get my struts and cut the coils? Which is 35each. 140 plus cutting what would he best? Coils cheaper but I'm clueless with them.... I'm a grease monkey I can take anything apart an put it together but I'm homer simpson when it comes to that stuff

S2KJD
09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
get the coils.

casey, to bad your stuff isnt that cheap $$$ :D

Siean
09-30-2009, 03:14 PM
get the coils.

casey, to bad your stuff isnt that cheap $$$ :D

I agree. Get the coils. I on the otherhand dont have a choice but to cut mine.

C.Smock
09-30-2009, 03:18 PM
do coils.... ill help install for a lil $

stillaneon
09-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow I see soooooo many spelling errors in first 3 posts....

quickdodgeŽ
09-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Need a lil help. My coils off eBay are 82 +shipping. Should I get them or go to a junk yard get my struts and cut the coils? Which is 35each. 140 plus cutting what would he best? Coils cheaper but I'm clueless with them.... I'm a grease monkey I can take anything apart an put it together but I'm homer simpson when it comes to that stuff

What do you mean your coils from Ebay? You talking about coil overs or just new coil springs or lowered coil springs? Later, QD.

LightsOut
09-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Well tien is high over 5. But skunk2 are 300.. Coil overs . But lowering springs 52 no name brand. 100 for Magen racing. Which is better? And thanks Casey I will take u up on that offer if my friend backs out. He has his own car shop down here. And neon y gotta be a asshole about spelling? And semi gave me neg reps cause he didn't know who I was lol I feel the love.

LightsOut
09-30-2009, 04:06 PM
What do you mean your coils from Ebay? You talking about coil overs or just new coil springs or lowered coil springs? Later, QD.

I ment coil overs aftermarket not stock lol my car sit to high lol

stillaneon
09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Well tien is high over 5. But skunk2 are 300.. Coil overs . But lowering springs 52 no name brand. 100 for Magen racing. Which is better? And thanks Casey I will take u up on that offer if my friend backs out. He has his own car shop down here. And neon y gotta be a asshole about spelling? And semi gave me neg reps cause he didn't know who I was lol I feel the love.

No one understands what you are trying to say.... Skunk2 is the only company you spelled correctly. I wasn't being an asshole, but I can start.

esi_atlanta
09-30-2009, 04:12 PM
hahahhahahhaq,,, man leave him alone ....hey if u wanna cut the spring ask trdwasiq or benefit ..they would help u ... hahhahah...they r pro...

jhadleyh
09-30-2009, 04:14 PM
thread is .................

LightsOut
09-30-2009, 04:40 PM
U was neon. Not everything on a thread has to be corrected this snt high school... And idk money is tight if. Get the coils be better in my eyes. I'll try and pull the money from some place

stillaneon
09-30-2009, 04:41 PM
U was neon. Not everything on a thread has to be corrected this snt high school... And idk money is tight if. Get the coils be better in my eyes. I'll try and pull the money from some place

So because this isn't high school, you have to sound like a complete idiot

bdydrpdmazda
09-30-2009, 04:45 PM
This guy is such a fucking retard, he tried to neg rep me and i dont know what the fuck he wrote in the comment box. Then he PMed me and it was even worse. Some peoples kids...

bdydrpdmazda
09-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Look at this B.S.

N/A 09-30-2009 03:05 PM LightsOut Loser get a life man and girl lol kid. Asshole

I wish I hadnt deleted the PM cuz it was even dumber

quickdodgeŽ
09-30-2009, 04:55 PM
hahahhahahhaq,,, man leave him alone ....hey if u wanna cut the spring ask trdwasiq or benefit ..they would help u ... hahhahah...they r pro...

Fuck cutting springs. Heating is the best way to go if you do the backyard job. Later, QD.

LightsOut
09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
C asshole on here 1st u pm me. And yea neo I didn't sound like a stupid I was asking them a question just cause people like u and that dude with the truck want to trash people cause they didn't spell this right or didn't spell that right..... The period goes here not their..... It's stupid u don't do anything but make ur self look like a total asshole. This is a fourm not high school. I would have not said anythng but your older then 18 and shouldn't be acting like a little kid. I haven't trashed anyone about anything. I simple ask questions and try to get meets. I don't start anything or say anything to make anyone mad. I may not add periods. I'm on my phone and. Have fat thumbs. And I'm usualy checking ia when I am taking out my dogs and I'm not caring if I spelled anythng right. I'm sry u guys gotta trash people to make ur self feel cool. I like u car neon I saw it last year at a meet. Have I ever trashed u? Have I ever trash u mazda guy? No. I simpla defend myself cause the lil kids on Here like to talk but n person their just babies. I have neg reps cause I defend myself aginst people like you Mazda but now idk. All I have to say to u and anyone who wants to trash people. Grow up we all importers we each like a dif car and style we each are our own person. We all are grown. Past high school. Y not act ur age and not ur shoe size.....................I have no problem with anyone u neg rep me o well it's a fourm it doesn't hurt me. I'm not gong to cry cause I'm in red.........

bdydrpdmazda
09-30-2009, 05:21 PM
C asshole on here 1st u pm me. And yea neo I didn't sound like a stupid I was asking them a question just cause people like u and that dude with the truck want to trash people cause they didn't spell this right or didn't spell that right..... The period goes here not their..... It's stupid u don't do anything but make ur self look like a total asshole. This is a fourm not high school. I would have not said anythng but your older then 18 and shouldn't be acting like a little kid. I haven't trashed anyone about anything. I simple ask questions and try to get meets. I don't start anything or say anything to make anyone mad. I may not add periods. I'm on my phone and. Have fat thumbs. And I'm usualy checking ia when I am taking out my dogs and I'm not caring if I spelled anythng right. I'm sry u guys gotta trash people to make ur self feel cool. I like u car neon I saw it last year at a meet. Have I ever trashed u? Have I ever trash u mazda guy? No. I simpla defend myself cause the lil kids on Here like to talk but n person their just babies. I have neg reps cause I defend myself aginst people like you Mazda but now idk. All I have to say to u and anyone who wants to trash people. Grow up we all importers we each like a dif car and style we each are our own person. We all are grown. Past high school. Y not act ur age and not ur shoe size.....................I have no problem with anyone u neg rep me o well it's a fourm it doesn't hurt me. I'm not gong to cry cause I'm in red.........
well said actually, I can respect that

jhadleyh
09-30-2009, 05:23 PM
butthurt

MSP1660
09-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Wow I see soooooo many spelling errors in first 3 posts....

No one understands what you are trying to say.... Skunk2 is the only company you spelled correctly. I wasn't being an asshole, but I can start.

So because this isn't high school, you have to sound like a complete idiot

Not trying to single you out but just to make a point, this isn't high school, you're right. Who are you Mr. Belding? Chill dude. I understand his posts pretty well. Then again, I was educated by the public school system.

In either case, you've already gotten many good responses but I'll add mine for the shits and giggles. Cut springs = ricer bounce and not safe. If you can get coils cheap, go that route.

quickdodgeŽ
09-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Cut springs = ricer bounce and not safe. If you can get coils cheap, go that route.

If you know what you're doing, it is quite safe. I prefer heating to keep from having the bouncier ride. Later, QD.

LightsOut
09-30-2009, 11:04 PM
How much if I get them heated?

quickdodgeŽ
09-30-2009, 11:43 PM
You can do it yourself for $10. No tools necessary. Later, QD.

MSP1660
10-01-2009, 06:57 AM
To heat springs, just go to your local (or most local) volcano and toss em in for about 10 minutes. :D

There are things I would skrimp and do the cheap way (mostly just appearance wise) but when it comes to the car's handling, performance, etc... I won't do it cheaply. Hence why there isn't a ton of mods on my car.

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 07:13 AM
There are things I would skrimp and do the cheap way (mostly just appearance wise) but when it comes to the car's handling, performance, etc... I won't do it cheaply. Hence why there isn't a ton of mods on my car.

As I said before, I don't know if you couldn't/wouldn't see it, if you know what you're doing, this will turn out alright. You're 24? I've actually been lowering cars via heating the springs for your entire life. When you were learning how to pull up on a coffee table and walk, I was learning how to heat the springs on my car. And not one mistake (wreck, breakdown, etc) from doing this in 23 years, I think I've got a pretty good handle on how to do that. Later, QD.

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 07:31 AM
How much if I get them heated?

dont do this...please:no: :cry: :no:

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 07:42 AM
dont do this...please:no: :cry: :no:

Alright. Why not? I never hear anyone post why not. All I see is it's unsafe. Proof? Explanation? Later, QD.

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Alright. Why not? I never hear anyone post why not. All I see is it's unsafe. Proof? Explanation? Later, QD.

when we hangout at one of our crew meets i can give him all the explination he needs w/o offending anyone here on the site;) just being a good IA citizen :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 07:58 AM
when we hangout at one of our crew meets i can give him all the explination he needs w/o offending anyone here on the site;) just being a good IA citizen :goodjob:

No offense to me. But as I said, if he wants to heat the springs, then there is nothing wrong with that. Over 20 years of ACTUAL (NO FAULT) EXPERIENCE is better than some dude saying no with no reason why. But as is usually the case, no one can step up and say why. Just want to act like know-it-alls without back-up. No offense. Later, QD.

LightsOut
10-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Immmmm okay

LightsOut
10-01-2009, 08:02 AM
I can't heat them I don't trust myself on that lol. How much would it drop iif I heat it??? And would u do it for me quick?

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 08:06 AM
I can't heat them I don't trust myself on that lol. How much would it drop iif I heat it??? And would u do it for me quick?

It will drop as much or little as you want it to. Some people pull one coil down and others (like myself) pull most all of them down. I don't know that I could get over there and do that as I don't get over to that part of town at all.

But it is real easy to do (takes about an hour) and I can explain it to you via PM if you want me to. Later, QD.

jhadleyh
10-01-2009, 08:07 AM
PM his ass so he can lower his damn car!

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 08:33 AM
No offense to me. But as I said, if he wants to heat the springs, then there is nothing wrong with that. Over 20 years of ACTUAL (NO FAULT) EXPERIENCE is better than some dude saying no with no reason why. But as is usually the case, no one can step up and say why. Just want to act like know-it-alls without back-up. No offense. Later, QD.

no offense taken man:)

your :2cents:/"20years" have the same effect on me as my :2cents: post do for you ...all good :cheers:

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 08:35 AM

if quickdodge will do it for you since he has 20 years of doing it than great gl with that if not then pm me for clear/non-offensive explination for why not to do it, if you like :cheers:

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 08:50 AM
if quickdodge will do it for you since he has 20 years of doing it than great gl with that if not then pm me for clear/non-offensive explination for why not to do it, if you like :cheers:

Why not post it here? You won't offend me. I know what people "say" is the problem. But they are also the ones who have never done it before. They just hear it through the grapevine. Don't know what you're afraid of. Later, QD.

MSP1660
10-01-2009, 09:55 AM
As I said before, I don't know if you couldn't/wouldn't see it, if you know what you're doing, this will turn out alright. You're 24? I've actually been lowering cars via heating the springs for your entire life. When you were learning how to pull up on a coffee table and walk, I was learning how to heat the springs on my car. And not one mistake (wreck, breakdown, etc) from doing this in 23 years, I think I've got a pretty good handle on how to do that. Later, QD.

I could care less how long you've been doing it.

To QD: He said it best. Sure, you could do it, but he isn't trained and doesn't feel comfortable.

My point against it, is the companies that make these springs spent thousands if not millions testing and doing R&D. If you screw with the mechanics of the spring, all their R&D is crap.

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Why not post it here? You won't offend me. I know what people "say" is the problem. But they are also the ones who have never done it before. They just hear it through the grapevine. Don't know what you're afraid of. Later, QD.

lol not afraid as im just not going to give you the satisfaction of throwing your weight around here like "your" 20 years means more than my 15. Still no offense so please dont take non. All i'll say is aftermarket suspension is not simply stock springs that have been heated up and then resold as "lowering springs."

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 10:04 AM
I could care less how long you've been doing it.

And that's fine, but you're a nobody to tell me I don't know what I'm doing. Funny that's the only thing you can come up with to make yourself sound good.

My point against it, is the companies that make these springs spent thousands if not millions testing and doing R&D. If you screw with the mechanics of the spring, all their R&D is crap.

So that's your only point? Who fucking cares? People have been heating and cutting springs for years. Long before I ever thought about doing it. I made my own air intakes for my cars back in the late 90s. I guess I screwed with with the actual manufacturer's R&D back then, too. Who really cares? People have been improvising on mods/customizations for years man.

Take some advice and talk about things you know about and not what you think you know about. Unless you want to learn. This is what I do. You don't see me talking turbos or engine work because I don't know anything about that. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 10:07 AM
lol not afraid as im just not going to give you the satisfaction of throwing your weight around here like "your" 20 years means more than my 15.

Well my 20 years of lowering experience DOES mean more than your 15 years of you NOT doing this sort of thing. And what do you mean "throw your weight around?" I'm not going to ban you for telling me you "heard" why it isn't good.

All i'll say is aftermarket suspension is not simply stock springs that have been heated up and then resold as "lowering springs."

If you can find anywhere on this site (or any other) that I said that after market springs were heated up stock springs sold as lowering springs, I will give you everything I have. Right now. People are quick to pull the trigger but without ammo, the gun is useless. Later, QD.

C.Smock
10-01-2009, 10:34 AM
If QD and S2KJD Dont mind id really like to here the pros and cons to heating and cutting, i have debated on cutting mine for the time being until i get coils, but heating seems alot easier.

Jared... y not??

QD ... process if you dont mind?

MSP1660
10-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Honestly, you're right... I don't have the first damn clue about heating springs. The way I see it. If you're too damn cheap to buy a set of springs (especially since I can find decent lowering springs for my car for under 100 bucks), then you obviously could give two flying fucks about your car to begin with. If you hate your car, go right ahead. I'm not against doing custom work but as I said, when it comes to suspension... I'd rather let people who've been doing this for years longer than you have provide me the work. Because what you're saying is that your 40 years of experience is better than a company who's been doing this for much longer? Ok... you win.

LightsOut
10-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Wow calm down dang. Everyone has their own oppions y I asked I wanted to c what others thought not to turn this into a dick measuring contest. Dang cool ur jets people come on. I just seeing my opitions. I want coil overs but for 300. I have to wait. But my front end is pissing me off how high it sits. It just a annoying part of my car. If heating is easy for now be okay..... And the gun isn't usless I can still throw it at u lol it hurts like shit : )

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 10:42 AM
If QD and S2KJD Dont mind id really like to here the pros and cons to heating and cutting, i have debated on cutting mine for the time being until i get coils, but heating seems alot easier.

Jared... y not??

QD ... process if you dont mind?

Heating is easier mainly because you don't have to do anything. You don't even have to remove your tire/wheels. You just need car keys, lighter/matches, propane torch ($10 from Wally World) and a hose w/spray nozzle. You need the car keys to turn your ignition on so you can turn your wheels where you ca get to the springs. The lighter/matches to light the torch. The hose because if you have one of those rubber strut boots, it will light up. As soon as it does this, you just spray it down with water. U always just let my boots burn off so I don't have to worry about them anymore.

Another reason why I prefer heating over cutting is the ride quality. Cutting the springs creates a more bouncy ride as you're shortening up an already stiff spring into a shorter stiff spring. Less room for the spring to travel when you do hit a bump. A heated spring keeps a good ride quality. My 79 Civic had all but 2 coils heated and you'd never be able to tell it when riding. Very nice, comfortable ride.

The best advice IS to use after market springs because they are done with precision and I've always said this. If you can, get those. But personally, I will always go heated. Saves lots of money. Later, QD.

jhadleyh
10-01-2009, 10:43 AM
I didn't really understand anything you just typed.

Edit: I'm talking to lightsout

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Honestly, you're right... I don't have the first damn clue about heating springs. The way I see it. If you're too damn cheap to buy a set of springs (especially since I can find decent lowering springs for my car for under 100 bucks), then you obviously could give two flying fucks about your car to begin with. If you hate your car, go right ahead. I'm not against doing custom work but as I said, when it comes to suspension... I'd rather let people who've been doing this for years longer than you have provide me the work. Because what you're saying is that your 40 years of experience is better than a company who's been doing this for much longer? Ok... you win.

You're an idiot, aren't you? You have no concept of open-mindedness and therefore are NOT qualified to talk about what your thoughts are. Why would you speak on something you don't know of? You've probably waiting to find something that you THOUGHT you could get me on. But sadly, as you even said yourself, I still win. As far as hating my car, you've seen it. You've even complimented on it.

pssst....it sits on heated springs

Fucking moron. Later, QD.

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Well my 20 years of lowering experience DOES mean more than your 15 years of you NOT doing this sort of thing. And what do you mean "throw your weight around?" I'm not going to ban you for telling me you "heard" why it isn't good.

If you can find anywhere on this site (or any other) that I said that after market springs were heated up stock springs sold as lowering springs, I will give you everything I have. Right now. People are quick to pull the trigger but without ammo, the gun is useless. Later, QD.

haha dude its funny you talk as if you want to just conversate but then all you do is talk shit down on people? This is why i said ill discuss this through pm with him b/c you cant be wrong it seems. you improvize on things and i dont nor do i recommend it. so we are different. is one better than the other, no.

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Heating is easier mainly because you don't have to do anything. You don't even have to remove your tire/wheels. You just need car keys, lighter/matches, propane torch ($10 from Wally World) and a hose w/spray nozzle. You need the car keys to turn your ignition on so you can turn your wheels where you ca get to the springs. The lighter/matches to light the torch. The hose because if you have one of those rubber strut boots, it will light up. As soon as it does this, you just spray it down with water. U always just let my boots burn off so I don't have to worry about them anymore.

Another reason why I prefer heating over cutting is the ride quality. Cutting the springs creates a more bouncy ride as you're shortening up an already stiff spring into a shorter stiff spring. Less room for the spring to travel when you do hit a bump. A heated spring keeps a good ride quality. My 79 Civic had all but 2 coils heated and you'd never be able to tell it when riding. Very nice, comfortable ride.

my arguement isnt whether he should cut or heat its simply dont do it at all when you can buy springs for a mesley 82 bucks.

The best advice IS to use after market springs because they are done with precision and I've always said this. If you can, get those.

yes and for 82 bucks he can so why advise otherwise?

LightsOut
10-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I didn't really understand anything you just typed.

Edit: I'm talking to lightsout

Asshole go somewhere ur 2cents is unwanted.... Like they said earlier they understand me that's all that matters u don't goodbye.....

S2kjd are u going Saturday? If so we. Can talk about it their at the coffee shop okay.... And that random guy who ever u are

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 11:08 AM
and if you must improvize i fully agree with heating bf cutting...its common sense.

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Wow calm down dang. Everyone has their own oppions y I asked I wanted to c what others thought not to turn this into a dick measuring contest. Dang cool ur jets people come on. I just seeing my opitions. I want coil overs but for 300. I have to wait. But my front end is pissing me off how high it sits. It just a annoying part of my car. If heating is easy for now be okay..... And the gun isn't usless I can still throw it at u lol it hurts like shit : )

after reading this: save your 82 bucks and hold out for coilovers bc you will end up that direction anyways...trust me.

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Well my 20 years of lowering experience DOES mean more than your 15 years of you NOT doing this sort of thing.

so my saying 15 years of experience isnt as legit as you saying your 20 yrs is...:thinking:

awesome.

either way...:cheers:

MSP1660
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM
As far as hating my car, you've seen it. You've even complimented on it.

pssst....it sits on heated springs

Fucking moron. Later, QD.

I don't even remember what your car looks like. That's how impacted I was by it. I see one of which is a Civic (which I can only assume is the one I "complimented" on because I think most Pontiacs are fucking ugly as hell... though there are exceptions). It probably looks just like any other Civic out there too. Good for you.

As for trying to "get you" on something, I was stating my opinion. You even said that buying aftermarket springs is the best option.

As S2KJD said, you're pretty hard to keep a conversation with because for one, everything you say is correct. Oh hail the god of suspension, master of all things that suspension.

I've done about 10 mins of searching online and I can't find one source that says heating springs is a good idea. Then again, like you said, "The best advice IS to use after market springs because they are done with precision and I've always said this. If you can, get those. But personally, I will always go heated. Saves lots of money. Later, QD. " :screwy:

That makes this argument pointless.

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 11:19 AM

still entertaining at least and sure has helped work go by faster :lmfao::goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 11:20 AM
haha dude its funny you talk as if you want to just conversate but then all you do is talk shit down on people? This is why i said ill discuss this through pm with him b/c you cant be wrong it seems. you improvize on things and i dont nor do i recommend it. so we are different. is one better than the other, no.

When I am being "attacked" unnecessarily, then I react. I can be wrong. But in order for me to be wrong, I have to be shown where I'm wrong. Hence where you could have stated why you thought I was wrong. Do you not get that? But again, who are you to say what someone should or should not do?

my arguement isnt whether he should cut or heat its simply dont do it at all when you can buy springs for a mesley 82 bucks.

yes and for 82 bucks he can so why advise otherwise?

Why not advise otherwise? It's called options. If he wants to spend the $82, then great. No problem. If he wants to save it, just as great. Still not a problem.

and if you must improvize i fully agree with heating bf cutting...its common sense.

At least we agree on one thing. But why did you underline improvise?

so my saying 15 years of experience isnt as legit as you saying your 20 yrs is...

Your 15 years experience in what? I have 20 years experience in lowering specifically. I literally have ZERO experience in engine work and all. I know shit about that stuff.

Again, my main thing is if you're going to accuse me of being wrong, back it up. I have no problem reading reason. I probably won't agree with it, but that's only because my personal experiences tell me otherwise, but I still don't mind reading. And if you come at me respectfully, I got you the same. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 11:25 AM
No one said you were impacted by it. And I'm not sure how you think my Civic looks like anyone else Civic. I'm the only one on here with a Civic like mine.

And as I stated, as long as I'm not shown why I'm wrong, then of course I'm going to feel like I'm right.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/IMG_2541.jpg

Yeah, that looks exactly like everyone else Civic. It's all good. Later, QD.

C.Smock
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
how much of a drop will heating your springs give you? mind you i have 2" megan racing drop springs as it is..

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
When I am being "attacked" unnecessarily, then I react. I can be wrong. But in order for me to be wrong, I have to be shown where I'm wrong. Hence where you could have stated why you thought I was wrong. Do you not get that? But again, who are you to say what someone should or should not do? .

please show me where i "attacked" you? as i recall i avoided you the best i could. in the fact that he should heat his springs up rather than buy springs for 82 bucks you are wrong.

in the fact that heating is the better in improvizing(which i still dont advise doing) than cutting i agreed but that was never my point of saying, "please dont do it."

Why not advise otherwise? It's called options. If he wants to spend the $82, then great. No problem. If he wants to save it, just as great. Still not a problem..

he mentioned he found springs for 82 bucks. you know thats cheap and you know thats the best option (as you stated that)...so why offer something that is not as of a good choice?

At least we agree on one thing. But why did you underline improvise? .

b/c, as mentioned, i dont agree with improvizing like that but "if he must" like i said.

Your 15 years experience in what? I have 20 years experience in lowering specifically. I literally have ZERO experience in engine work and all. I know shit about that stuff.

15 years of screwing around with all parts of cars. i have heated/cut and bought aftermarket springs. now that i have told you that does that all of a sudden change things, no. That's y me saying it doesnt mean anymore than not saying it.

Again, my main thing is if you're going to accuse me of being wrong, back it up. I have no problem reading reason. I probably won't agree with it, but that's only because my personal experiences tell me otherwise, but I still don't mind reading. And if you come at me respectfully, I got you the same. Later, QD.

thank you for the respectfulness as i totally agree hence i havnt direspected you at all through this entire "conversation" but you have dale and i a number of times. and again when you offer an option like heating and swear by it when the kid can just spend 82 bucks and we both know it is the better route then i feel you are wrong.

oh almost forgot to mention...like the ride man :goodjob:

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 11:51 AM
how much of a drop will heating your springs give you? mind you i have 2" megan racing drop springs as it is..

you decide.

WTF?
10-01-2009, 11:54 AM
First off this thread was extremely hard to read and the only reason i did was because i pretty much get paid to. But now on to my .02.

Second, Lightsout asked for advice on how to go about lowering his car. Everyone gave there opinions, QDs was the cheapest (the op said money was tight and just wanted his car lowered). Yes He can get lowering springs off of ebay but honestly they are no better than heating springs. Think about it, your stock spring have a spring with a spring rate that is mated to your strut, now you take out the spring and replace it with some random spring with a random spring rate that you have no clue what it is(unless you get top dollar springs). So in a couple of months (every car is different) your strut goes out and creates a bouncy ride, now your right back to square one. Yes i have lowering springs on my car and had them on previous vehicles and honestly if i could do it over again i would of just saved for coilovers.

3rd, im not taking any sides but it seems like QD is the only one providing information where is everyone else is just saying no and the people that do give out info on things they really dont know about, yes he will talk you down. And that is because he knows what he is talking about. Its just like if you walk into to some random business and start talking about how there stuff runs on either what you heard or what you think is right and when they correct you, you get all mad. Yes mabe he is a dick about it but thats just the way some people are. Alot of people call me an asshole because im pretty straight forward and dont like bullshit.

4th, If you dont like what i have said get over it. If i have gave out wrong information correct me and let me know. Yes i have spelled some things wrong but it is much eaiser to read then somethings that have been posted on here. I also have no problem telling anyone in person what i have said on here (yes even what i told you in your neg. reps lightsout) you can ask several people on here they call me ASAP asshole for a reason, i do not hide behind the computer screen. ;)

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 11:58 AM
please show me where i "attacked" you? as i recall i avoided you the best i could.

Subtlety is the form of attack you used. You insisted you thought I was wrong without telling me why. Thus trying to undermine what I know without reason.

in the fact that he should heat his springs up rather than buy springs for 82 bucks you are wrong.

You're opinion only. "Fact" #1 dismissed.

in the fact that heating is the better in improvizing(which i still dont advise doing) than cutting i agreed but that was never my point of saying, "please dont do it."

Then you shouldn't have said it. "Fact" #2 in limbo.

he mentioned he found springs for 82 bucks. you know thats cheap and you know thats the best option (as you stated that)...so why offer something that is as of a good choice?

Because I can. There are always options.

thank you for the respectfulness as i totally agree hence i havnt direspected you at all through this entire "conversation" but you have dale and i a number of times. and again when you offer an option like heating and swear by it when the kid can just spend 82 bucks and we both know is the better route then i feel you are wrong.

If I feel disrespected wrongfully, I will retaliate. But you "feeling" that I am wrong doesn't mean I am.

oh almost forgot to mention...like the ride man :goodjob:

I appreciate the words, man. I do. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 11:59 AM

On those, I wouldn't go more than 1." One coil would suffice. Lots of people actually do this.

Later, QD.

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Yes i have lowering springs on my car and had them on previous vehicles and honestly if i could do it over again i would of just saved for coilovers.

after reading this: save your 82 bucks and hold out for coilovers bc you will end up that direction anyways...trust me.

you could of just read this and saved yourself a lot of writing. who cares if you think QD knows more than Dale or myself that means about as much as..well you get the point :cheers:

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 12:00 PM
S2Kdude, I'm going to bow out of the conversation as I don't want any friction here between any of us. MSP and I talked through PMs and we both understand that we're still cool and it's all good. From my experiences, I'm good and any argument otherwise will prove fruitless.

So let's call a truce and say cool, yes? Later, QD.

C.Smock
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
i like this thread, its debative, and actually handled maturely for once lolol

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
I appreciate the words, man. I do. Later, QD.

cool cause im ending it hear bc its my lunch and you have made me hungry with all this back and forth lol! :cheers:

S2KJD
10-01-2009, 12:03 PM
S2Kdude, I'm going to bow out of the conversation as I don't want any friction here between any of us. MSP and I talked through PMs and we both understand that we're still cool and it's all good. From my experiences, I'm good and any argument otherwise will prove fruitless.

So let's call a truce and say cool, yes? Later, QD.

great minds think a like cause we basically wrote this at the same time...reference to post above haha! :cheers:

rep for ya...

C.Smock
10-01-2009, 12:03 PM
so heat one coil? and for how long?

quickdodgeŽ
10-01-2009, 12:04 PM
great minds think a like cause we basically wrote this at the same time...reference to post above haha! :cheers:

I saw that, lolol. Later, QD.

MSP1660
10-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Basically what we learned...

Cutting is cheap.
Heating is cheap and better than cutting.
Coils are better than heating but will cost you.
Coilovers are the best however can typically cost an arm and a leg.

If you can't do the best one, go down the chain of cost until you get what you want. Under no circumstance cut springs over heating.

Anyone wanting to read this thread in it's entirety... don't. I saved you alot of time.

Yes, QD and I are back to being friends... lol

C.Smock
10-01-2009, 12:07 PM
lol dale + reps

WTF?
10-01-2009, 12:17 PM

Cutting is cheap.
Springs are better than heating but will cost you.

If you can't do the best one, go down the chain of cost until you get what you want. Under no circumstance cut springs over heating.

Anyone wanting to read this thread in it's entirety... don't. I saved you alot of time.

Fixed, they are called springs people or lowering springs not coils

FAM0U5
10-01-2009, 12:20 PM
uhm by heating up the springs wouldn't that fuk up the... something. Thats why they have it the way it is, its better to cut then to heat IMO. Just at the moment I really cant explain....

WTF?
10-01-2009, 12:31 PM
uhm by heating up the springs wouldn't that fuk up the... something. Thats why they have it the way it is, its better to cut then to heat IMO. Just at the moment I really cant explain....
actually its probaly close to the same cause either way your altering the spring rate and in the end thats what screws most things up

stillaneon
10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Changed title.

Because whether or not I am "Mr. Belding", it irritates the shit out of me to see ignorance....

C.Smock
10-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Changed title.

Because whether or not I am "Mr. Belding", it irritates the shit out of me to see ignorance....

lolol +reps

Edit: too much rep today :( ill be back tomorrow!!

MSP1660
10-01-2009, 01:42 PM

Read my above post for the sum up. We don't need to relive this entire thread over.

Changed title.

:lmfao: You're welcome for that.

bloodline
10-01-2009, 02:06 PM
heatin up the coils or cutting them are alternatives for lowerings your car...but your sacrificing alot when you do so..good discussion tho...heat your springs casey LOL jk

C.Smock
10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
i kinda wanna but im lnot motivated too... i wanna just buy coils but i dont wanna spend the $$ lol

bloodline
10-01-2009, 02:44 PM
i hear ya bro...

LightsOut
10-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Where's my rep. I didn't say much but I did good by watching this unfold to a friendship lol....... Thanks for all the input. Was greatly need and wanted.... Even tho at one point it got outa hand it quickly reset : )..... C yall at the meet Saturday it's a hr driver for me buy Im willing to make the drive : )

blackboi50
10-01-2009, 08:24 PM
i like this thread, its debative, and actually handled maturely for once lolol

except for the name calling!!! we are arguing in dudes thread and he isnt even part of our crew!!! idk seems silly to me....1

bloodline
10-01-2009, 10:20 PM
^^ true dat...

C.Smock
10-02-2009, 07:18 AM
except for the name calling!!! we are arguing in dudes thread and he isnt even part of our crew!!! idk seems silly to me....1

Gotta start sumwhere!

quickdodgeŽ
10-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Gotta start sumwhere!

Exactly. Later, QD.

LightsOut
10-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Hey I'm trying to become a member. I asked here cause I didn't wanta ask the whole ia cause their would have been alot more trashing and Stupid smart asses.......

S2KJD
10-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Where's my rep.

dont worry i didnt get any love either and i was the one who was in the debate and gave out love :crazy:

LightsOut
10-02-2009, 10:44 AM
I would give u love but it mean nothing a purple dot lol

C.Smock
10-02-2009, 10:46 AM
dont ask for rep bishes!

blackboi50
10-02-2009, 12:00 PM
yea guys def dont ask for reps!!!....1

LightsOut
10-02-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not? We just messing around don't have to be serious Man

blackboi50
10-02-2009, 03:39 PM
i know that but these other people that come into this section may!!!....1

LightsOut
10-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Other people are assholes lol..... Hey so I just wanta drop my front 1"-2" who can do that QD never answered my pm....... I'm gunna be at the coffee meet if anyone going I'll tall their........

importkid4sho
10-04-2009, 10:54 AM

Cutting is cheap.
Coils are better than heating but will cost you.

GOD damn i'm late like alwayz. but i wish i saw this at the end before reading through all of this shit damnit.

importkid4sho
10-04-2009, 10:56 AM
And Lightsout

Best Advice RIDE with NO SPRINGS AND BE SLAM TO THE GROUND HAHAHA.

JK

quickdodgeŽ
10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
And Lightsout

Best Advice RIDE with NO SPRINGS AND BE SLAM TO THE GROUND HAHAHA.

Can't tell you how many times I've done that. Later, QD.

MSP1660
10-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Seems safe... lol

LightsOut
10-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Hey I put the rims on and my front is so high looking now it is so annoying..... Plz I need help I don't want springs waste my money I'm saving for coilovers and property taxes... Coils= 350 tax= 1,590 being broke= priceless lol.... I wanta heat seems the best after hearing each side..... I don't plan on racing so should be safe.... Anyone can heat um for me? I don't feel confertable doing it myself......

Siean
10-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Honestly man, I can't get springs or coilovers for my car conveniently as most people. I have to get mine shipped from japan and only if I can find a site that sells them. If they made coils for my car, I would just save up the money and get them when I can. Don't rush things. Rushing things is only gonna f@*k up your car. Take pride in it. Do the right thing and just wait. Treat your car like a woman. Take care of her and she'll take car of you. Then again, it's your car. You can do what you want. But don't get upset if it doesn't ride like you wanted to. Not sayin that it will mess up.

LightsOut
10-05-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm not rushing it but u know theirs always something on ya car that annoys u? That's it for me lol.....

importkid4sho
10-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Can't tell you how many times I've done that. Later, QD.

damn real you can drive with no spring lol. i didn't know that haha.

quickdodgeŽ
10-05-2009, 11:12 AM
damn real you can drive with no spring lol. i didn't know that haha.

Lolol. You sure can. Not very smooth AT ALL.

Here is a car I had back in 1987 with zero springs on it. Not one coil on there. Riding on straight struts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/210.jpg

Rough ride for sure, but it was the lowrider gumption I had in me to do it. Later, QD.

blackboi50
10-05-2009, 12:44 PM
dizzle post pics of the neon!!! plzz.....1

C.Smock
10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
yes please, i wanna see the neon!!

S2KJD
10-05-2009, 02:33 PM
lol WOW awesome lol!

quickdodgeŽ
10-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Ye shall receive:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/neon17.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/neon16.jpg

Later, QD.

importkid4sho
10-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Lolol. You sure can. Not very smooth AT ALL.

Here is a car I had back in 1987 with zero springs on it. Not one coil on there. Riding on straight struts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/210.jpg

Rough ride for sure, but it was the lowrider gumption I had in me to do it. Later, QD.

hummm man thats pretty kool. i would hate to hit a pot hole lol. but thats look pretty nice.

blackboi50
10-06-2009, 09:57 PM
ahhhh....the neon!!! love it!!...1

lovinmydodge
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
LOL and to think there was a thread that was only for the neg. rep. of TOP NOTCH... lol at the disrespect displayed here in this thread, O and props to the dropped rides!!! Still workin on the rear end droppin issue...