PDA

View Full Version : So....

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Im sure some of you remmber when I posted up about me getting the 30 over ticket in clayton county..... well I called yesterday to check and see how much my fine would be and see if I could talk to a solicitor. The main court office didnt have my ticket... they sent it to the solicitors office. The woman I talked to was a bitch. She said my court date was no longer Nov. 3 and they would send me a sapena in the mail. (not even sure what those are) She stated I wasnt allowed to talk to a solicitor....and that the ticket was sent there due to the speed I was going. I think I should be worried....what do you guys?

I plan on attending a defensive driving course next wed. and thursday night. (sorry wed. night regulars, i wont be attending) To do points reduction, and drive to the DMV and go ahead and get the points reduced.... I think it will help. Any other suggestions or anything? This has got me pretty worried.

BTW, no where in here have I said I wasnt guilty, no where did I state it before. I know I was in the wrong, I bring my own circumstances upon me with stupid actions. Just would like some opinions, thanks.

B16a2 Civic
10-14-2005, 11:53 AM
supeana ( sp) just means your requested to show up in court ..
but yea the points reduction will look good on your behalf if you go infront of the judge
hope everything works out for ya

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks man.

Boosted S60R
10-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Im sure some of you remmber when I posted up about me getting the 30 over ticket in clayton county..... well I called yesterday to check and see how much my fine would be and see if I could talk to a solicitor. The main court office didnt have my ticket... they sent it to the solicitors office. The woman I talked to was a bitch. She said my court date was no longer Nov. 3 and they would send me a sapena in the mail. (not even sure what those are) She stated I wasnt allowed to talk to a solicitor....and that the ticket was sent there due to the speed I was going. I think I should be worried....what do you guys?

I plan on attending a defensive driving course next wed. and thursday night. (sorry wed. night regulars, i wont be attending) To do points reduction, and drive to the DMV and go ahead and get the points reduced.... I think it will help. Any other suggestions or anything? This has got me pretty worried.

BTW, no where in here have I said I wasnt guilty, no where did I state it before. I know I was in the wrong, I bring my own circumstances upon me with stupid actions. Just would like some opinions, thanks.
dam that sucks. I would go take the class for sure. That will at least show the judge or whoever that you care and are sorry for what you did.

B16a2 Civic
10-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks man.

no prob...oh and i think you should be able to speak to your solictor, should be no reason why you cant...she WAS being a bitch, try again...and when you talk to teh solictor, let him/her kno you been tryna to contact them but that certain individual prevent you from doin so

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah I will do so. & thanks mikey.

Boosted S60R
10-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Yeah I will do so. & thanks mikey.no problem I go out of a ticket like that once because the radar had not be recalibrated in like a month and they are suppose to do it once a week. I had a very good lawyer but I also was going to loose my lic for like a year.

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Way to reassure me lol.

Boosted S60R
10-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Way to reassure me lol.Sorry I was only 17 when that happen so I was scared shitless I am sure you will be fine especially after you take that class.

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 12:12 PM
haha thats better, thanks.

DrivenMind
10-14-2005, 12:22 PM
I'd plead nolo.

I've been to jail twice for "reckless driving", the first instance the officer knew I was speeding but was unable to accurately determine my speed so he decided that "reckless driving" was a better charge. The second time (in the corolla) I was clocked doing 74 in a 45, but had literally accelerated to that speed as quickly as possible on the main street in front of my neighborhood to determine if the clutch line was leaking fluid, and was slowing down before I saw the officers in the road. They looked at my license and saw that it was a class D (due to the last arrest I wasn't supposed to get a class C for a year) and decided to give me reckless driving instead of 29 over.

I'd plead Nolo if I were you, assuming you got "30 over" and not reckless driving like I did.

Needless to say insurance companies love me.

DonGori
10-14-2005, 12:25 PM
when i got my speeding ticket, I went to court on my date and the solicator told me id lose my license so i just simply asked him what i have to do to not lose it? So i ended up with 40 hrs community service and defensive driving and a fine but i got to keep my license. So once you talk to the solicator you should be fine

Tiff-O-Bitties
10-14-2005, 12:29 PM
definately take the defenisve driving.. i had a friend that was in the same situation, 31 over though, and he took defensive driving previous to his court date and they actually threw the ticket out!

fawk_you
I cant plead nolo, I used that for my first 30 over.

KevinT707
I have plenty of speeding tickets plus other misc tickets & I still have my ticket :). Got lucky on a 93 in a 55 in Gwinette by talking to the solicitor & already taking the Defensive Driving course!

fawk_you
definately take the defenisve driving.. i had a friend that was in the same situation, 31 over though, and he took defensive driving previous to his court date and they actually threw the ticket out!

Yeah I do believe its all up to the judge/solicitor.

ĢG2♣
10-14-2005, 12:42 PM
supeana???? the way i pronounced this seems to be a mexican word lol SU-PE-AUNA (supeana)

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 12:43 PM
lol

Kelly_Rene
10-14-2005, 12:52 PM
yea when I got my 96 in a 55 I had to do community service and defensive driving and got a fine and I was 18 at the time. Hope things go well for u to

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks.

AznTraitor
10-14-2005, 01:38 PM
that's kinda weird....sounds like they are trying to hang you out to dry....I'd look in the phone book and see if you can find one of those traffic violation lawyers that will give you free intial advice.....that is if this isnt your first traffic violation within 2 years.

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Its not my first one in 2 years, its like my 2nd this year. :(

Dragonfly5338
10-14-2005, 01:43 PM
It's subpoena btw. And good luck with your ticket.

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 01:44 PM
thanks.

AznTraitor
10-14-2005, 01:47 PM
also, where was this ticket issued?

alot of these people who are telling you they beat tickets all the time, probably didnt get a ticket in some of these counties where they heavily rely on traffic violations for funding. If you got hit in one of these backwood counties, they want money. I got a speeding ticket on my way to Athens and I got pulled over by a Walton Co cop, and the court was waaaay waaaay away from 316 and everyone that appeared in court that day 100+ people were all charged and fined.

Duluth is the same way, you have a slim to none chance on trying to fight the system with them.

Ruiner
Lea Anne, do anything you can to get the points reduced/thrown out:

40-5-57
(c)(1)(A) Except as provided in subparagraph (C) of this paragraph, the points to be assessed for each offense shall be as provided in the following schedule:
Exceeding the speed limit by 24 miles per hour or more but less than 34 miles per hour
(4 points)

40-5-57.1
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the driverīs license of any person under 21 years of age convicted of hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in violation of Code Section 40-6-270, racing on highways or streets, using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, reckless driving, any offense for which four or more points are assessable under subsection (c) of Code Section 40-5-57, purchasing an alcoholic beverage in violation of paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23, or violation of paragraph (3) or (5) of subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23, or violation of Code Section 40-6-391 shall be suspended by the department as provided by this Code section; and the driverīs license of any person under 18 years of age who has accumulated a violation point count of four or more points under Code Section 40-5-57 in any consecutive 12 month period shall be suspended by the department as provided by this Code section.

fawk_you
also, where was this ticket issued?

alot of these people who are telling you they beat tickets all the time, probably didnt get a ticket in some of these counties where they heavily rely on traffic violations for funding. If you got hit in one of these backwood counties, they want money. I got a speeding ticket on my way to Athens and I got pulled over by a Walton Co cop, and the court was waaaay waaaay away from 316 and everyone that appeared in court that day 100+ people were all charged and fined.

Duluth is the same way, you have a slim to none chance on trying to fight the system with them.

Clayton county.

Boosted S60R
10-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Its not my first one in 2 years, its like my 2nd this year. :(
ouch

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 01:55 PM
i know.

AznTraitor
10-14-2005, 01:56 PM
wow.....you might want to get a traffic violation lawyer.....

it was already a given that you might lose your license when you went 21+mph over and you are under 21. But this is your second offense....I dunno....that kinda adds fuel to the fire...

if you cant get a traffic lawyer, you better hope and pray that the judge is having a good day and that the solicitor is in a generous mood.....

you can always say that you have to have a car to work....if you were in school, they would give you allowment for school and work.

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 01:58 PM
thanks.

Vteckidd
10-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Step1-Slow the fuck down, this is your second ticket for 30mph over, there is no reason to get caught speeding nowadays with the laser and radar detectors that are out now, and the fact that incresing police budgets are allowing for more speed traps etc on roads. at the most you should go 15-20mph over. know the laws. anytihng 24mph over the speed limit they get a pretty good crack at yanking your license if you are over 21. if you are under 21, its mandatory. so what does that mean? DONT GO OVER 24MPH .

Step 2- you need to talk to the solicitor when you go to court. tehy WILL NOT TALK to you over the phone. they are too busy. they dont have time to talk and work deals out with every young adult that speeds and gets caught. when you get to court, politely ask the solicitor if you may have a word with them before your case is called. Show them that you have taken DD and that you dont care what the fine is, but you are worried about your record. IE that tells them they will still get their money, but perhaps they can reduce the charge to something lesser.

Step 3- Since you already have a 30mph over ticket, they prob wont show much mercy on you. if they see that ticket on your record, god help you. cause that shows you have not learned anything since that instance.

do the crime, do the time. good luck. not trying to be a dick, but i got caught once for street racing 3 years ago. I wasnt even racing, but i was at a spot were people were street racing. they had a decription of a car that was similar to mine. so i got arrested for it. even though i didnt do it, i cant blame them, i was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
hope this helps

EDIT: Just read you got caught in clayton county, your fucked

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Step1-Slow the fuck down, this is your second ticket for 30mph over, there is no reason to get caught speeding nowadays with the laser and radar detectors that are out now, and the fact that incresing police budgets are allowing for more speed traps etc on roads. at the most you should go 15-20mph over. know the laws. anytihng 24mph over the speed limit they get a pretty good crack at yanking your license if you are over 21. if you are under 21, its mandatory. so what does that mean? DONT GO OVER 24MPH .

Step 2- you need to talk to the solicitor when you go to court. tehy WILL NOT TALK to you over the phone. they are too busy. they dont have time to talk and work deals out with every young adult that speeds and gets caught. when you get to court, politely ask the solicitor if you may have a word with them before your case is called. Show them that you have taken DD and that you dont care what the fine is, but you are worried about your record. IE that tells them they will still get their money, but perhaps they can reduce the charge to something lesser.

Step 3- Since you already have a 30mph over ticket, they prob wont show much mercy on you. if they see that ticket on your record, god help you. cause that shows you have not learned anything since that instance.

do the crime, do the time. good luck. not trying to be a dick, but i got caught once for street racing 3 years ago. I wasnt even racing, but i was at a spot were people were street racing. they had a decription of a car that was similar to mine. so i got arrested for it. even though i didnt do it, i cant blame them, i was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
hope this helps

EDIT: Just read you got caught in clayton county, your fucked

Thanks man, it does help.

BTEC
10-14-2005, 02:24 PM
shut up mike u just mad bc her car is faster than u crx is right now. lol!!!! j/k dood

Vteckidd
10-14-2005, 02:25 PM
haha, yeah i dont think my car has the capacity to speed over 15mph , its that slow.

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 02:26 PM
LMAO, shit my car runs almost 18s in the 1/4 with my 19"ers on.... I highly doubt that Jesse.

Vteckidd
10-14-2005, 02:29 PM
my car makes 64HP to the FLYWHEEL. i want to dyno it, i bet it wont even turn the rollers.

Ruiner
10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
wow.....you might want to get a traffic violation lawyer.....

it was already a given that you might lose your license when you went 21+mph over and you are under 21. But this is your second offense....I dunno....that kinda adds fuel to the fire...

Read my response with the GA code.

If you are found guilty for 24-34mph over, that equals 4 points automatically. If you are under 21 and get a single (not a total, but a single) violation that runs 4 points or higher, you automatically lose your license.

19 - 23 over = 3 points. She really needs to get it into that area to even have a chance.

She needs a lawyer, big time.

BTEC
10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
my car makes 64HP to the FLYWHEEL. i want to dyno it, i bet it wont even turn the rollers.
ur gonna smoke ur clutch trying to get the roller going. lol!!!!

AznTraitor
10-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Read my response with the GA code.

If you are found guilty for 24-34mph over, that equals 4 points automatically. If you are under 21 and get a single (not a total, but a single) violation that runs 4 points or higher, you automatically lose your license.

19 - 23 over = 3 points. She really needs to get it into that area to even have a chance.

She needs a lawyer, big time.

yeah, I didnt see it until after I typed it. Come on baller, dont you know some lawyers who want to help a girl out?

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 02:35 PM
thanks.

Ruiner
10-14-2005, 02:45 PM
yeah, I didnt see it until after I typed it. Come on baller, dont you know some lawyers who want to help a girl out?

I am trying to think, honestly. Most of my lawyer friends specialize in higher profile defense work. If I come up with an idea, I'll let her know.

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 02:48 PM
thanks

RandomGuy
10-14-2005, 02:50 PM
http://www.alumni.ca/~macleoh/Shoes.jpg
lol your new transportation.

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 02:52 PM
:( haha

JoeCoolinATL
10-14-2005, 04:00 PM
2nd 30 over? under 21?
even if you take that DD class. the judge is going to look at your record then in polite words, tell you that you are fucked and suspend your license.

fawk_you
10-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Alright.

SLOWR/T
10-14-2005, 08:58 PM
hire a lawyer and take the DD course. thats probally the only way you'll keep your license.

BigBoi
10-14-2005, 10:42 PM
sorry this is so long.. but i found this site and copied some of the key things i saw that might affect you.. i found this for myself as well.. im trying to figure out what to do about my 28 over ticket i got in college park.. luckily i am 24 and this is my first ticket.. hope this helps

http://www.georgiacriminaldefense.com/georgia-speeding-tickets.html

6. If a driver attends a driver improvement course after the issuance of the citation but before they make a court appearance, the court shall reduce the fine by 20 percent and the licensing agency shall assess no points against the violator. This procedure is allowed only once in 5 years. §40-5-57(c)(1)(C)

7. Point System. I. A person's license is subject to suspension if they accumulate 15 or more points within a 24 month period. At the end of the suspension period, the point count is reduced to zero. Upon reaching the requisite point assessment for the first time, the license suspension is for 1 year. Upon reaching the requisite point assessment for the second time within 5 years, the license suspension is for 3 years. Upon reaching the requisite point assessment for the third time within 5 years, the license suspension is for 5 years; 2 years of this suspension period are mandatory. §40-5-57(c)(1)(B) & (d) II. The following points are assessed for speeding and speed related violations: Reckless driving-4 points; exceeding the speed by >14 MPH but <19 MPH-2 points; exceeding the speed by >19 MPH but <24 MPH-3 points; exceeding the speed by >24 MPH but <34 MPH-4 points; exceeding the speed by >34 MPH-6 points; other moving violations-3 points. Important. No points are assessed for driving too fast for conditions. §40-5-57(c)(1)(A)

Licensing Action:

Type of Licensing Action (Susp/Rev):
Suspension via the Point System(7) §40-5-57

Persons Under 21 Years Old. A person <21 years old who is convicted of a speeding offense with an assigned point value of 4 points is subject to Revocation. §40-5-57.1(a), (b)(1) & (d)

Term of License Withdrawal (Days, Months, Years, etc.):
1 to 5 years depending on the number of points that have been accumulated. §40-5-57(d)
Persons Under 21 Years Old who are subject to revocation. 1st offense-6 months 2nd or subsequent offense-12 months. A person's license cannot be reinstated until they have completed a defensive driver program. §40-5-57.1(a), (b)(1) & (d)

Mandatory Minimum Term of Withdrawal:
2 years upon reaching the requisite point assessment for the third time within 5 years(8) §40-5-57(d)(3)

ALVIN
10-14-2005, 11:49 PM
6 months is even too long for me. You can try to fight it but if it doesnt work just think of it in a good way. You'll be able to work (provided you have a ride) and save money because you wont be going out as much and your points go to zero. I've had one ticket before and that was 21 over in a work zone and I was 17. The person at the Snellville city hall said no points but a fine of $206 was to be paid...(despite what everyone says about Snellville and G'nett cops) they can be nice if you show them the respect they deserve. But good luck Lee-Ann(sp). But Defensive Driving will be good either way might even lower your insurance after they see that ticket.

SilverJester
10-15-2005, 01:38 AM
If you plea no-lo, like LeAnne did with her lasy ticket, will the judge see what you used the no-lo for?

Good luck with your ticket problem LeAnne....it seems like you should probably get a lawyer or at least consult with one and get any and all informatin they willing to give for free.

fawk_you
10-15-2005, 04:49 AM
thanks for the advice guys.

Schugg
10-15-2005, 10:07 PM
i need to go call about my tickets, i still havent found out if the first one was turned in yet, and no one knew about the second one i got 7 days later! 16 and 19 over. i really dont mind losing my license right now, im glad i wont have to worry about gas and car insurance for 6 months to a year. ill have my car finshed and atleast 10k by time i get it back. ill still have a way to work, as for going to college i guess thats going to have to wait

charlaa
10-15-2005, 10:26 PM
first feel sorry wat had happend to u.
last year, i still remember i got 6 tickets in a night driving my supra tt, reckless driving, aggressive driving, speeding 99/45, illegal right turn, fail to obey traffic device, attempting to elude...yeah in spalding county ...stupid sheriff!
all this bullshit tickets on me and i end up in jail at that night, well long story... anyway
here is wat i handle my tickets
hire a good lawyer, and he or she willing to help u if u tell him/her the truth.
and he will talk to solicitor and they might make a deal for u..
if u are lucky, maybe your fine will be reduce, and if u are under 21, i guess u will lose your licence for maybe 6 months or more.
Anyway, i learn the stupid lesson and never cruise at night with ricers no more!!

fawk_you
10-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Lol, alright? ^- thanks ive heard this alot now.

God
10-16-2005, 11:23 PM
never cruise at night with ricers no more!!

If only more of you would take this advice. I could have swore I told Moses to make this # 11.