PDA

View Full Version : Music i miss grunge :(

THEONE
09-29-2009, 10:26 PM
anyone out there feel the same? or am i just getting old?

im jammin to linda perry and 4 non blondes right now haha

i miss rockin the trench coats and flanels and tore up jeans and crazy ponchos and bulky doc martins, chillin to screaming trees and dead milkmen, radio head was born in the time grunge and stp aswell as soundgarden and soul asylum and stone roses (freakin great band)!!!

last year around this time i flew up to seattle lol and spent time at cobains house its was awesome!! i will never forget walkin the same path he walked and sitting on the bench where he wrote so many different songs.........

i hate how things change so quickly in music, im so bored with rock and metal and trendy BS ,how i long for the return of grunge or the birth of something new..... anyone out ther got any old grunge videos they wanna post :D

uproot
09-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah so you know how things go full circle... I've been seeing flannel shirts lately at retailers in the mall... so who knows? Maybe this sorry excuse for an 80s revival will move on.

THEONE
09-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah so you know how things go full circle... I've been seeing flannel shirts lately at retailers in the mall... so who knows? Maybe this sorry excuse for an 80s revival will move on.

i would hate if it came back as a trend that would suck, i would like it to come back and stick as an important part of music and our way of life, cause to me music sets the tone for life and there is a song for almost every important event in my life......

uproot
09-29-2009, 10:39 PM
i would hate if it came back as a trend that would suck, i would like it to come back and stick as an important part of music and our way of life, cause to me music sets the tone for life and there is a song for almost every important event in my life......

I totally agree with you 100%

on a related note: i've also been thinking lately about how music someone listened to as they were growing up, more so the music their parents listened to could have effected ones life more than realized...

THEONE
09-29-2009, 10:47 PM
I totally agree with you 100%

on a related note: i've also been thinking lately about how music someone listened to as they were growing up, more so the music their parents listened to could have effected ones life more than realized...

you sir...totally get my post......

THEONE
09-29-2009, 11:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYFK1R-wUwg

THEONE
09-29-2009, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNre5neZ6QI

SpecV_Scott
10-01-2009, 12:28 AM
If/when the metal band I'm in doesn't work out...I'm starting a grunge cover band. I need to think of a catchy name for it though.

THEONE
10-06-2009, 12:09 AM
If/when the metal band I'm in doesn't work out...I'm starting a grunge cover band. I need to think of a catchy name for it though.

i would like to try out for the grunge cover band if the metal one does not work out:D

thinkskater
10-06-2009, 08:00 AM
its still great music. actually just bought the nirvana discography.