PDA

View Full Version : question about car club/crew sub forums....

fresh_boi
09-29-2009, 02:15 PM
how do you get a subforum for your team?
if you need info on our team to make one
look at the website
www.TopsideRacing.com

WTF?
09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
since when is a rebuilt engine a mod?

fresh_boi
09-29-2009, 02:29 PM
do you kno what mod stands for....
say it with me m-o-d-i-f-i-c-a-t-i-o-n
if its not how the car came
then it is modified

stillaneon
09-29-2009, 02:30 PM
you have to have 8 or 10 members post regularly.

Your best bet would be to have a mod rename this thread after your club, then have your members post in here. Eventually with enough participation, you will have your section

stillaneon
09-29-2009, 02:32 PM
then it is modified

I think his point is, rebuilding a stock motor doesn't usually fall into the classification as modification. It falls into the classification or stock unless you modified the internals

fresh_boi
alright thanks stillaneon

quickdodgeŽ
then it is modified

A rebuilt engine is NOT a mod, man. Lolol, the fuck? Later, QD.

fresh_boi
09-29-2009, 02:35 PM
its not the 96 engine that was in the 96 eclipse
it is a 98 engine bored out
learn to read

quickdodgeŽ
09-29-2009, 02:38 PM
learn to read

Drives: 68 VW Bug
Mods: Rebuilt engine, scat carb, performance header and exhaust
Accessories: Kenwood headunit, rare ansen sprint 15" rims

Learn who you're dealing with, Boy, before you spout off at someone. Later, QD.

stillaneon
09-29-2009, 02:38 PM
learn to read

As far as I know, it's still a 4g64. No reason to put rebuilt on the mod list when you could say 4g64 bored with (*insert supporting internals here*)

fresh_boi
09-29-2009, 02:43 PM
alright sorry the site is not to your likings...
geeze.
i dont understand what the big deal is

quickdodgeŽ
09-29-2009, 02:44 PM
alright sorry the site is not to your likings...
geeze.
i dont understand what the big deal is

You started talking shit when you were informed that a rebuilt engine is NOT a mod.

The site isn't that bad. Later, QD.

fresh_boi
09-29-2009, 02:47 PM
no i didnt start anything
all i was saying was that i consider a new engine a modification from the original.....

and thanks

quickdodgeŽ
09-29-2009, 02:49 PM
no i didnt start anything
all i was saying was that i consider a new engine a modification from the original.....

A rebuilt engine is NOT a new engine. It's the old engine with new parts inside.

An actual new engine is still not a modification, man. With that thinking, you're going to get laughed all over the place.

In your "reasoning," last year I had to replace a busted driver's side window with a new one. So that means I can put down new side window as a mod? You sure about that? Later, QD.

81911SC
09-29-2009, 02:51 PM
I modified my tires after they were worn out by replacing them.

fresh_boi
09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
alright i get what your saying
but do you get what i mean about the bored out 98 engine in a 96 being a modification?

quickdodgeŽ
09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
alright i get what your saying
but do you get what i mean about the bored out 98 engine in a 96 being a modification?

The engine from the 1996 and the 1998 Eclipse's are the same. So putting a '98 model engine in a '96 model car would NOT be a mod. But all the internal work done to the engine WOULD be a mod, yes. Personally (and I think an assload of people will agree with me), I would just list mods as what was done to the engine on the inside and not even note that the engine i from a different year car. Also if the new clutch is just a regular replacement, I wouldn't list it.

As far as the Bug, which is what I saw the "rebuilt engine" as a mod, I'd remove that as a mod. Other than that, everything else is ok.

Here's an example of what I did. I have a 1979 Civic. It had a factory 1.5L engine in it. I got an engine from a 1979 Accord (1.8L) and put it in my Civic. Since it's a bigger, little more powerful engine, that would be a mod. I consider it more along the lines of an upgrade, though.

Hope I've helped. And I'm not trying to run your site or your club or tell you how to set up everything. Just trying to give you words of wisdom to help you along. Later, QD.

fresh_boi
09-29-2009, 03:00 PM
alright yeah
thanks

WTF?
09-29-2009, 03:54 PM
yes i was referring to the bug, but i can tell you right now that being a dick to someone right off the bat is not going to help you get anything out of this site whether it be selling, buying, searching for info, etc.

PS: heres -10 fo ya :goodjob:

i can be a smartass too ;)

WTF?
09-29-2009, 04:05 PM
then it is modified
if the car came with the engine, you pulled it out and replaced it with all new stock parts then how is it modified? :thinking: So when i pull my motor and replace everything with better/stronger parts, what do you call that? Sorry im new to all this car stuff

fresh_boi
10-02-2009, 09:08 AM
alright
going to change the site
but just to let you know
the bug has SCAT H-beam rods, CP pistons, upgraded cams, power pulley, and dual rate springs with Ti retainers. Also dual port heads. IDK bugs but he says thats def. not stock....
but i know what you mean about listing the things
thanks for the inputs

quickdodgeŽ
10-02-2009, 09:11 AM
alright
going to change the site
but just to let you know
the bug has SCAT H-beam rods, CP pistons, upgraded cams, power pulley, and dual rate springs with Ti retainers. Also dual port heads. IDK bugs but he says thats def. not stock....
but i know what you mean about listing the things
thanks for the inputs

Now if he has all that stuff done, then yes, that is definitely modded. But like you said, list that stuff instead of just "rebuilt engine" and you got yourself a good mod list. Good luck. Later, QD.

egpower904
10-04-2009, 12:25 AM
hey thats my bug, i just didnt feel like logging into this old account to post my mods. couldnt find my password lol. alex did the website, alex just did all this posting, and i see he needs to learn a little forum etiquette. but dont hate on the bug, its a sweet little car and when i finish some tiny bodywork and paint, ill sell it for a good bit and go for something with booooost >:D

quickdodgeŽ
10-04-2009, 07:07 AM
but dont hate on the bug,

I didn't see anyone "hate" on the Bug. In fact, that's my favorite car of the bunch. And why would you sell it? If I had a good running Beetle, I wouldn't think of selling it. Later, QD.

bdydrpdmazda
10-04-2009, 07:19 AM
I didn't see anyone "hate" on the Bug. In fact, that's my favorite car of the bunch. And why would you sell it? If I had a good running Beetle, I wouldn't think of selling it. Later, QD.
:werd:

fresh_boi
10-04-2009, 05:49 PM
i think he said the insurance on the bug was rediculous because no air bags any where in the car

quickdodgeŽ
10-04-2009, 05:54 PM
^^^ That's weird. My 79 Honda has no airbags and I pay about $350/year for insurance. Later, QD.

fresh_boi
10-04-2009, 09:52 PM
^^^ That's weird. My 79 Honda has no airbags and I pay about $350/year for insurance. Later, QD.
$350 a year?
wtf?
thats really good
no he said it was over $200 a month

redmanhart
10-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Age probably has a lot to do with that.

fresh_boi
10-05-2009, 08:52 AM
yeah thats true
i mean the bug is a 68

quickdodgeŽ
10-05-2009, 09:00 AM
yeah thats true
i mean the bug is a 68

I think the dude was talking about the age of the person. Later, QD.

fresh_boi
10-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I think the dude was talking about the age of the person. Later, QD.

i thought maybe he was saying yours was lower because it was a 79
idk
mines only about $100 a month

redmanhart
10-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I was implying the age of the individual, not the car. Although that doesn't help either lol. Parts are harder to find.