PDA

View Full Version : truck problem

ej6kidd
09-29-2009, 10:21 AM
i got a 1999 ford expedition that when i turn the heat on it blows cold why could that be the ac works fine just the heat acting up

Turbodude06
09-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Check were the control lever actually goes, sometimes its under the dash or in the engine bay and see if it moves when u turn the knob or switch it to heat... Do u hear it switch when u turn it to hot then cold. if u do then idk?

dorin48
09-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Your heater control valve is bad more than likely. Its a vacuum operated valve in the line to the heater core. If it goes bad the valve doesn't open and let the coolant into your heater core. Its a common problem on fords and jeeps if the heat isn't working.

ej6kidd
09-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Check were the control lever actually goes, sometimes its under the dash or in the engine bay and see if it moves when u turn the knob or switch it to heat... Do u hear it switch when u turn it to hot then cold. if u do then idk?i hear the switch over from hot to cold

ej6kidd
09-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Your heater control valve is bad more than likely. Its a vacuum operated valve in the line to the heater core. If it goes bad the valve doesn't open and let the coolant into your heater core. ill check it out thanks