PDA

View Full Version : Sports DO you think...

SiR EG2
09-29-2009, 09:34 AM
the atlanta braves will clitch wildcard or division?
they have a good chance. as long as they can hold it together with FLA and DC they are good for the season. i hope they dont choke in the playoffs

discuss.

HalfBaked
09-29-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't think so.

The rockies play the Brewers who aren't very good, and then they play the Dodgers.

The dodgers will have clinched by then and most likely won't be playing starters as they will be resting for the post-season.

The braves will have to probably win every game for the rest of the season.

And they have to play against Josh Johnson tonight who is a legit cy-young contender.

If they win today then maybe they can.

SiR EG2
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't think so.

The rockies play the Brewers who aren't very good, and then they play the Dodgers.

The dodgers will have clinched by then and most likely won't be playing starters as they will be resting for the post-season.

The braves will have to probably win every game for the rest of the season.

And they have to play against Josh Johnson tonight who is a legit cy-young contender.

If they win today then maybe they can.
very good point on the Rockies/ Dodgers statement. as long brewers can take 2/3 games as well with the dodgers they're set.

braves got the series with DC in the bag.

philies play houston and FLA i hope FLA sweeps phi then braves are deff set

quickdodgeŽ
09-29-2009, 11:17 AM

I was thinking the same as a NO on the Braves making it. Six games left and down by two is not good. I was thinking the Braves had a shot (they still do) because the Rockies playing the Dodgers, but I didn't think about the Dodgers resting their prime players.

I keep asking folks why the Braves chose now to start playing like this. Later, QD.

eYezs1ck
09-29-2009, 11:27 AM
I was thinking the same as a NO on the Braves making it. Six games left and down by two is not good. I was thinking the Braves had a shot (they still do) because the Rockies playing the Dodgers, but I didn't think about the Dodgers resting their prime players.

I keep asking folks why the Braves chose now to start playing like this. Later, QD.
QFT 8-2 last 10 games. wtfreak they been playing well after the all star break. sometimes i dont understand them sometimes. well garrett anderson has been a factor and their pitching staff

HalfBaked
09-29-2009, 11:29 AM
They have gotten Hudson back and the hitters are in a groove.

And I bet they have some extra motivation with Cox making 2010 his last year.

eYezs1ck
09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
They have gotten Hudson back and the hitters are in a groove.

And I bet they have some extra motivation with Cox making 2010 his last year.
damn cox is retiring next year?! damn did he get awarded for (x) win earlier this season?

quickdodgeŽ
09-29-2009, 11:34 AM
QFT 8-2 last 10 games. wtfreak they been playing well after the all star break. sometimes i dont understand them sometimes. well garrett anderson has been a factor and their pitching staff

Don't count out the addition of fucking LaRoche. What a fucking tear he has been on the Braves team since coming over. 8-2 (last 10) hail....how about 16-4 (out of last 20)? Killing it, man. Later, QD.

eYezs1ck
09-29-2009, 11:42 AM
laroche need to go back to his old hitting style cuz new isnt workin

quickdodgeŽ
09-29-2009, 11:48 AM
laroche need to go back to his old hitting style cuz new isnt workin

I don't know how he's been not doing good. His stats sure show differently. Just the last week he has batted .333 with 5 RBIs and 4 doubles out of 9 hits in that span alone. He came to Atlanta in the first of August and had a batting average of .365 and in September (so far) he is batting .337. That doesn't look too bad to me. Lolol. Later, QD.

FlipKing
09-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Dodgers are still going for best record in the NL so they wont rest their starters and the brew crew still has fielder and braun so they arent really a push over.

eYezs1ck
09-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Dodgers are still going for best record in the NL so they wont rest their starters and the brew crew still has fielder and braun so they arent really a push over.
you think atl has a shot?

HalfBaked
09-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Colorado didn't have much problems with St. Louis last week. So I don't think the Brewers will be much of a problem.

Colorado may drop 1.

Hopefully the Dodgers can win 2.

FlipKing
09-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Very much so. Pressure is all on Colorado. Braves will finish games earlier too, so Colorado will see the Braves wins. We dont have to WIN the wild card. Just tie for a wild card play off and trot Vasquez, JJ, or Hanson out for the win.

SiR EG2
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
damn they are down a run in the 7th

sogood
09-29-2009, 09:25 PM
damn they are down a run in the 7th

Done for now :(

Oh well...

http://i38.tinypic.com/ilk269.jpg

Spectic Tank
09-30-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm going with NO, especially after last night. If they did make it our pitching would be tough to beat.

americanctm
09-30-2009, 05:00 PM
They waited too long into the season to get hot and actually start playing for something. They are motivated now that Bobby has said next year is is last season, and with Hudson back, some great young pitchers, and most of the hitters in a groove it looks promising for next year though.

Atlanta will need to win out the rest of their five games, while the Brewers will need to take a game and the Dodgers will need to take 2 games with their series with Colorado in order for this to happen. Its a snowball's chance in hell, but the Braves proved me and a lot of other fans wrong with the way they have been playing down the stretch. Before last night they had won 15 of 17... that's ridiculous.

atlxpat
10-01-2009, 10:15 PM
you jinxed it asshole!
jk.
bobby still amazes me. he stuck up for diaz on the pickoff at 3rd base.