PDA

View Full Version : General Chat do you think its possible?

Master Shake
09-27-2009, 03:03 PM
i was doing some research for the FWD all motor setups. the current standing record was made by a SOHC f22a non-vtec insight by bisimoto.

do you think if the time and money was spent on a DOHC, it could be possible to make the passes the bisimoto insight has made? the current time for it is in the low 9's(i think its like 9.3x or so)

what do you think could be done with the fwd DOHC platform?

i can't really make a decision on this. i'm sure its very well possible but i can't be certain since i have never performed such a build that has required the amount of time/money which is into the previously stated motor.

however, the dohc motor is taking 2 cams to run 16 valves which the sohc is doing the same, which kinda gives me the impression that turning the 2nd cam could cause an extra load on the motor while the single cam isn't have to exert as much to turn the one, but still operating 16v's.

maybe this will turn into a good discussion.

Elbow
09-27-2009, 08:39 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you have that, save a few more dollars. Then become an engineer. Then play with it for a few years.

Master Shake
09-29-2009, 07:01 PM
sorry. i lack $$$. i was just seeing what other people would think.

dorin48
09-29-2009, 07:10 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you have that, save a few more dollars. Then become an engineer. Then play with it for a few years.

Its for those reasons that Bisimoto's car is so damn quick.