PDA

View Full Version : car shutting off?

cm7k24
09-26-2009, 11:29 AM
a friend of mine drives an 07 spectra,
when driving around, at times, the car just shuts off.
all the dash lights come on, steering wheel locks up. and will start back up shortly after..

dealership took it in the first time and said it was a bad gas cap????

put a new one and like a month later it starts doing it again.
did it 4 times last night..

any ideas. tried searching recalls but didnt seem to find any besides that kia is a horrible car lol...

Black4DrEK
09-26-2009, 12:00 PM
sounds like when these damn honda's ignition switch thingy goes out..

Barefoot
09-26-2009, 03:18 PM
sounds like when these damn honda's ignition switch thingy goes out..thats the first thing i thought of.

when u go to restart it does it turn right back on or do u have to hit it a few times.

DustyVIN
09-26-2009, 03:38 PM
it could be the body control module gone bad

cm7k24
09-26-2009, 11:03 PM
thats the first thing i thought of.

when u go to restart it does it turn right back on or do u have to hit it a few times.
i asked her and she said it hesitates a bit before starting back up,

i've driven her car numerous times but never happened while i was driving/riding.

im_hung
09-26-2009, 11:36 PM
thats the first thing i thought of.

x3
ignition switch would cause the car to stall and cause the steering to lock up. does this person have alot of keys on their keychain? heavy keychains causes play to occur in the ignition switch assembly.

Theycall_Metue
09-27-2009, 08:19 AM
x2

cm7k24
09-27-2009, 10:23 AM
x3
ignition switch would cause the car to stall and cause the steering to lock up. does this person have alot of keys on their keychain? heavy keychains causes play to occur in the ignition switch assembly.

her keys are somewhat heavy