PDA

View Full Version : lowered honda cv boots?

madwick
09-25-2009, 11:03 PM
SITUATION
i'm on my 4th honda/acura and each one i have lowered and had alignments done. now i have expensive rims and when my cv boots busted, like in the past, they spin off all that axle grease and it discolors the rims eating away at the finish. both axles innner and outer have torn.

QUESTION
is there a cv axle or boot that has a longer range or extension so that with a lowered car it wouldn't be stretching the boot causing it to tear.

SPECS
1995 Acura Integra GS-R coupe/hatchback
Skunk 2 lowering springs; -2"front, -2.5"rear
stock struts
Skunk 2 pro series front camber kit
16x7 TE37

Barefoot
09-26-2009, 07:13 AM
dont know of 1

Captain-Obvious™
09-26-2009, 12:03 PM
It's the price Honda guys pay for being lowered man.

madwick
09-26-2009, 02:15 PM
damn it!

D3UC3S
09-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Just go buy axles at autozone with lifetime warranty and just replace them when it tears...If your worried about them tearing and staining your wheels all the time just inspect your vehicle every time you get /out of your car. It doesn't take that long and you can catch it early if it does go bad. As The Captain said...its the price you pay to go lower than the car was designed to be.

madwick
09-27-2009, 07:53 PM
sounds good. but wouldn't lowering the car void the warranty of the axles?

csmiths
09-27-2009, 07:55 PM
no they will not know if your car is lowered or not.

JITB
09-27-2009, 07:57 PM
i know in jdm land, they sell camber axles....just for these issues..

LongLiveH2b
09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
u just have bad luck also, its pretty rare that the boots bust everytime because you lowered the car...

Halfwit
09-27-2009, 09:00 PM
tape the fuck out of the inside of the wheel.

jdm>usdm
09-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah this just happened to me the other day.

Thankfully I had the lifetime warranty axles from Advance :)

The guys up there told me that the only thing that would void the warranty would be if I was seen drag racing up at silver dollar by someone who works at the store who actually cares.lol

Drummerboy
09-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah this just happened to me the other day.

Thankfully I had the lifetime warranty axles from Advance :)

The guys up there told me that the only thing that would void the warranty would be if I was seen drag racing up at silver dollar by someone who works at the store who actually cares.lol

holy crap! why didnt I know they had lifetime warranties!!!! I just replaced my driver side.... $90 gone.

jdm>usdm
09-27-2009, 11:50 PM
holy crap! why didnt I know they had lifetime warranties!!!! I just replaced my driver side.... $90 gone.

Yeee doood get on that shit. It saves TONS of money.

And get the new ones. Not the re-manufactured ones. Theyre worth the small up in price.

Barefoot
09-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Yeee doood get on that shit. It saves TONS of money.

And get the new ones. Not the re-manufactured ones. Theyre worth the small up in price.shit not when its free to replace. an the issues of a lowered car is still going to be there regardless of new or reman.

jdm>usdm
09-28-2009, 12:07 AM
shit not when its free to replace. an the issues of a lowered car is still going to be there regardless of new or reman.

I personally dont like replacing axles every month.lol The new ones seem to hold up longer and just fit better.

The bump in price pays for itself in the time you save in not having to deal with them for just that much longer.

Just my opinion on it though

Barefoot
09-28-2009, 01:25 AM
I personally dont like replacing axles every month.lol The new ones seem to hold up longer and just fit better.

The bump in price pays for itself in the time you save in not having to deal with them for just that much longer.

Just my opinion on it thoughmight just be the installer. ive never had a fitment issue or have to replace them every month in the last 10 years.

AnthonyF
09-28-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm kinda confused here. If you lower your car, how would that extend the boots? If anything it would give the axles a more straight line into the hub with no bends or angle changes. If you are the only one having this problem, then it might be just a bad axle. Call CV Source or Auto Zone. Both carry great axles.

-Ant.

hurlyfire7
09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
u just have bad luck also, its pretty rare that the boots bust everytime because you lowered the car...

its happened to me twice...

like everyone else said.. autozone ftw