PDA

View Full Version : Misc Why do/Do you eat MSG?

khaxnguyen
09-25-2009, 08:17 PM
MSG or Monosodium glutamate
Some people say it's not healthy. Some people say it's absolutely fine to have msg. Some people just stay the hell away from it. Some people don't know what it is.

We have all different types of minerals in our bodies. I think too much of one thing is bad for you. i.e. too much protein, you get protein poison. Nickel, blind, etc. I think it's fine to eat MSG.(no research)

MR2DR
09-25-2009, 08:19 PM
everything is fine in moderation. it makes your food tastes better but like everything else..

nhieu qua thi chet thoi ;]

Ms Dollar
09-25-2009, 08:20 PM
I try my best to stay away from that because I am lucky enough to be graced with migraine headaches. That stuff kills me.

TheProfiteer
09-25-2009, 08:28 PM
MSG is an artificial sodium based flavor enhancer and preservative. Foods that have MSG tend to have significantly high levels of Sodium (duh) and the other major problem is that many people are starting to develop sever allergies to it, with death being very possible if not treated in a timely manner.

MSG is basically what you get when you chemically bong Sodium and Wheat Gluten.

this is all personal assumption, this information may or may not be accurate.

dimsumboy
09-25-2009, 08:41 PM
for those who like instant noodles, there's lots of msg in there. consumption of too much msg has been linked to many cases of baldness in both males and females. keep eating those things and your head will be shinier than a freshly waxed car. :crazy:

THEONE
09-25-2009, 08:52 PM
i saw a show on food network where they tested the whole msg thing and its total crap. it is fine and it is even found naturally in soy products. moderation is key.

LongLiveH2b
10-03-2009, 01:42 AM
ive always thought it was used to make the food u cook more flavorful and ppl say its bad...sugar is bad too if u have too much...just like other shit..i guess u just gotta balance out shit u eat..