PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV Paranormal Activity

rehab
09-25-2009, 01:32 PM
This movie was played at midnight, and this movie will only be realesed in very few theaters.

Austin (Alamo Draft House -- Austin's Fantastic Fest)
Los Angeles (ArcLight Hollywood)
New York (Landmark Sunshine Theater)
San Francisco (The Castro)
Chicago (The Music Box)
Boston (The Coolidge)
Atlanta (The Plaza)
Seattle (Neptune)

Paranormal Activity" - Official Trailer [HQ HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074)

The haunted history of 'Paranormal Activity'.
The once-stalled indie film that finally spooked Steven Spielberg into signing on for a DreamWorks-backed release has taken a 'Blair Witch' approach to marketing.[/
By John Horn
September 20, 2009

Los Angeles Times

Steven Spielberg was certain his copy of "Paranormal Activity" was haunted.

-------------------------------------------
FOR THE RECORD:
'Paranormal Activity': An article in today's Calendar about the film "Paranormal Activity" misspelled the last name of DreamWorks production executive Ashley Brucks as Brooks. —
-------------------------------------------

It was early 2008, and the director's DreamWorks studio was trying to decide whether it wanted to be a part of the micro-budgeted supernatural thriller. As the story goes, Spielberg had taken a "Paranormal Activity" DVD to his Pacific Palisades estate, and not long after he watched it, the door to his empty bedroom inexplicably locked from the inside, forcing him to summon a locksmith.

While Spielberg didn't want the "Paranormal Activity" disc anywhere near his home -- he brought the movie back to DreamWorks in a garbage bag, colleagues say -- he very much shared his studio's enthusiasm for director Oren Peli's haunting story about the demonic invasion of a couple's suburban tract house.

"Paranormal Activity" was hardly a typical studio production. Peli, an Israeli-born video game designer who had no formal film training, shot the $15,000 movie in a week in 2006 with a no-name cast, a crew of several San Diego friends and a hand-held video camera.

But as Spielberg and the DreamWorks team believed, the movie held a special appeal -- it was original and scary. The challenge was to fit this round peg into a DreamWorks square hole -- a process that would ultimately take more than a year and a half, the delay exacerbated by the slow collapse of Paramount's acquisition of DreamWorks. For a time, it looked as if Spielberg was right: "Paranormal Activity" appeared cursed -- to sit on a shelf.

But now, supported by one of the more unusual marketing and distribution strategies conjured up for a studio release, Paramount is finally opening the film in 13 college towns on Friday, with a wider national rollout planned for mid-October. Scary movies are a dime a dozen these days -- at least 75 horror movies have been released theatrically in the last three years -- and "Paranormal Activity" doesn't have the franchise awareness or recognizable actors that help separate a handful of genre films from the teeming herd.

Yet as preview and film festival audiences can attest, "Paranormal Activity" exhibits something many fright flicks don't -- goose-bump inducing, gore-free scares. Now it's up to the film (and Paramount) to translate Internet buzz into a "Blair Witch Project"-style phenomenon.

"The movie could be stratospheric, or it could just become a cult favorite," says Stuart Ford, the chief executive of international sales agent IM Global, which sold "Paranormal Activity" to more than 50 foreign distributors. "It just depends on whether the studio can catch a wave."

Don't watch this preview when there's a storm outside. The other night the lights went out at my place for an hour. 30 minutes after watching this shit.

This is serious shit, guys.

rehab
09-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Any ghost experts want to post up their opinions on this?

thegovanator
09-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow, I want to go see this.

americanctm
09-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Saw a trailer awhile ago and it looked, if nothing else, very entertaining. I still hold high hopes for it, thinking maybe this could be something different than the usual shit Hollywood puts out.

rehab
09-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow, I want to go see this.

http://www.plazaatlanta.com/

I'm gonna be there.
I wonder though if it's safe for a girl that's 5 months pregnant to go see this movie without effecting the baby lol

§treet_§peed
09-25-2009, 01:49 PM
where's QD when you need him.

rehab
Saw a trailer awhile ago and it looked, if nothing else, very entertaining. I still hold high hopes for it, thinking maybe this could be something different than the usual shit Hollywood puts out.

This one looks to be even more intense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVRHOhLP-aA

thegovanator
I live a few minutes away from the Plaza so I'll end up seeing it soon if not tonight.

StreetHazard
09-25-2009, 02:25 PM
http://www.plazaatlanta.com/

I'm gonna be there.
I wonder though if it's safe for a girl that's 5 months pregnant to go see this movie without effecting the baby lol

am I blind? I dont see this movie listed in the showtimes section

edit---

its not playing in atlanta

http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/theaters.html

§treet_§peed
09-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Speaking of the Blair With Project. It shows another reason why women should stay in the kitchen.

rehab
09-25-2009, 03:09 PM
am I blind? I dont see this movie listed in the showtimes section

edit---

its not playing in atlanta

http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/theaters.html

I'm gon' on a rampage to The Plaza, and set that bitch on fire if this is true.

TSiFTW
09-25-2009, 03:14 PM
I personally think this is movie hype scare tactics to make a small budget movie make a lot of fans. I find it hard to believe that an inanimate object such as a DVD with no emotional ties to a spirit could bring with it an intelligent haunting. Anyways I will still watch the movie when it is available just because itg sounds interesting.

Austin?
09-25-2009, 03:49 PM
scary

whiteknights
09-25-2009, 03:59 PM
so have me come to a conclusion about if this movie will be playing at the plaza or not.......

D3UC3S
09-25-2009, 04:45 PM
I wanna see how many LOL's QD puts...LOL

quickdodge®
09-25-2009, 04:51 PM
I wanna see how many LOL's QD puts...LOL

I actually think it looks like it might be a pretty decent movie. I'm in no rush to see it. I'll catch it later on down the road. I actually have two "hunts" coming up here next month. Getting ready for those. Later, QD.

D3UC3S
09-25-2009, 04:58 PM
I actually think it looks like it might be a pretty decent movie. I'm in no rush to see it. I'll catch it later on down the road. I actually have two "hunts" coming up here next month. Getting ready for those. Later, QD.

Definately looks like an interesting movie...i was referring to a copy of a DVD being haunted was humorous.

Happy hunting Mike!!

Quote=Greed "This one looks to be even more intense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVRHOhLP-aA"

That looks like a really cool movie!

rehab
09-25-2009, 05:47 PM
So apparently this movie isn't playing in Georgia till maybe next week - ugh what a bummer. I guess after a nice dinner at noche I will be watching Pandorum instead.

whiteknights
09-25-2009, 07:00 PM
fawk i wanna see this.....

rehab
09-27-2009, 02:39 PM
I will be watching Pandorum instead.

Do yourself a favor and go see this movie, guys. Like today. Make it happen. Think Metroid meets Event Horizon meets Alien. TOP fucking level, I shit you not.

Knocked me off of my seat. One of the greatest sci-fi movies that I've seen in a long, long time. Ignore any namby-pamby bullshit reviewers who would rather check out 500 Days of Summer and go see this movie

EM1toEVO
09-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Paranormal Activity looks excellent! I will be watching it as soon as it comes here.

rehab
10-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Got tickets to a 10:10pm showing of it over at Regal 24. Cannot wait for this shit.

Homer Simpson
10-09-2009, 08:12 PM
checking it out tomorrow at amc 24!

rehab, report back with reviews!

rehab
10-09-2009, 11:48 PM
checking it out tomorrow at amc 24!

rehab, report back with reviews!

Just got back from Regal. It was worth the money if you're into self-recorded movies. I was impressed with how well it was paced and how much of a reaction the film got from the audience with little things, like a light turning on by itself.

If you like a good horror flick, definitely check this one out. Very slow at times (especially in the beginning), but that's exactly why the scares worked so well. After day 5 is when it starts getting good. If you plan on seeing it with your girlfriend get ready to have your arm squeezed while their eyes are closed lol

The ending was, well... it's kinda freaky so don't blink.

thegovanator
10-10-2009, 02:00 PM
This movie was well worth the money. Scary as shit and done tastefully.

Homer Simpson
10-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Just got back from Regal. It was worth the money if you're into self-recorded movies. I was impressed with how well it was paced and how much of a reaction the film got from the audience with little things, like a light turning on by itself.

If you like a good horror flick, definitely check this one out. Very slow at times (especially in the beginning), but that's exactly why the scares worked so well. After day 5 is when it starts getting good. If you plan on seeing it with your girlfriend get ready to have your arm squeezed while their eyes are closed lol

The ending was, well... it's kinda freaky so don't blink.

awesome!

checking it out tonight...with my gf! lol

blue94eg6
10-10-2009, 10:43 PM
so i went tonight to check this movie out with my girl and it was alright really didn't exceed my expectations thought it was gonna be more scary but it wasn't.

whatever210
10-11-2009, 08:25 AM
i thought it was awesome. a billion times better than the blairwitch project crap

Homer Simpson
10-11-2009, 10:37 AM
saw it last night at atlantic station.

I was alright, but to voice my opinion, I've seen scarier.

BluesClues
10-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Man I want to see it. I need a manly man to go with me in case I get scared lol

.93lude
10-11-2009, 08:40 PM
saw last night and going again tonight, i really enjoyed it and dont even really like scary movies, two thumbs up from me

SPOOLIN
10-20-2009, 07:59 AM
it aint gonna make me sick like cloverfield is it? lol

Homer Simpson
10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
it aint gonna make me sick like cloverfield is it? lol

No, most of the time, its on a tri pod.

black_e92
10-22-2009, 06:53 PM
This movie sucked cock. Waste of fucking money.

Saung
10-22-2009, 09:42 PM
This movie is really, really slow, waste of time and really, really sucked.

marcos713
10-22-2009, 09:55 PM
i gota c this !! all my friends said it was a good scary movie

GSRteg®
10-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Is it based on a true occurrence or just made up?

Saung
10-23-2009, 07:37 AM
GSRteg, I'm curious too. This couple was asking for it too when I guy got the weegee board. I think that really seal their faith. This happened in'06, why didn't they find help some help somewhere?

josh green
10-23-2009, 08:29 AM

My friends said the same thing, so I wont go see it.

One_Bad_SHO
10-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Watch it here:

http://www.divxstage.net/video/8mi2ali6ui7t6

Its "ok".

BluesClues
10-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Watched it online and it sucked!!!!! Glad I didn't spend money on it lol

Tracy
10-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Not scary enough. Wait til DVD.

Tracy
10-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Is it based on a true occurrence or just made up?Made up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_Activity_(film)

BluesClues
10-23-2009, 03:52 PM
You can so tell it's fake. I knew it when they were watching an exorcism of some woman on the internet. That shit was fake as hell

Boosted FC
10-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Made up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_Activity_(film (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_Activity_%28film))

Dead link.

Tracy
10-23-2009, 05:36 PM
WTF. I don't know why it won't work. Go to wikipedia and search paranormal activity film and it will come up.

ekcivic1991
10-23-2009, 09:30 PM
shit was crazy in a theater i think everyone feeding off eachothers scared energy made it scarier
the end was wild.

punkr6
10-23-2009, 09:32 PM
looks really lame in the previews...

809KiNg
10-24-2009, 11:21 AM
i saw it last night i only got scared at the end... everybody in that bitch was screaming lmao

YoungDro
10-24-2009, 10:26 PM
i saw it last night i only got scared at the end... everybody in that bitch was screaming lmao

Haha one of my friends said he couldn't sleep at all... I was like fuck that haha

T.C.
10-24-2009, 10:54 PM
This movie sucked and everyone in the audience thought so too. Dont waste your time or money on going to see this pathetic excuse of a recording.

YoungDro
10-24-2009, 11:19 PM
This movie sucked and everyone in the audience thought so too. Dont waste your time or money on going to see this pathetic excuse of a recording.

Thanks.

Member31410
10-25-2009, 01:45 AM

x2

JITB
10-25-2009, 02:00 AM
its not a movie that you should watch online at all..

for what it is i think it was alright.. But it wasnt very scary in the theatre. but it was just creepy....I dont know if people expected to see monsters jump out, and stuff..

if i compare it to Blair Witch, id say Blair witch was a little better. But the end was kind of crazy..and was the best part..lol

MR2DR
10-25-2009, 02:25 AM
that shit was so scary it didnt even have credits in the end =P

-EnVus-
10-25-2009, 02:28 AM
that shit was so scary it didnt even have credits in the end =P
i just went and saw it and it was so funny no body wanted to leave cause they didnt know if it was over or not. Plus the damn theater was still dark and we all was like WTF!?!?
Yeah i think the blair witch did the same thing with no credits. Trying to make it seem more real and like the ppl wasnt actors.

809KiNg
10-25-2009, 08:27 AM
but i wonder if shit like this really happens in real life...

A. Tuning
10-25-2009, 03:40 PM
I watched it in a dark room in my house with no one else home, and I was laughing by the time the powder scene came up. This *ish was BOOGIE! Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but wouldn't turn anyone away either. Alot of people who are seeing it in the movie theater are claiming it's scary. I just don't see it.

Tracy
10-25-2009, 06:19 PM
I watched it in a dark room in my house with no one else home, and I was laughing by the time the powder scene came up. This *ish was BOOGIE! Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but wouldn't turn anyone away either. Alot of people who are seeing it in the movie theater are claiming it's scary. I just don't see it.Dan and I thought it would be scarier at home. I guess everyone wants it to be good. It has some good parts for sure. It's just has a lot of lag, too.

1990wade
10-25-2009, 10:03 PM
yea i watched it on the internet it was straight.... BUT I REALLY WANT TO SEE THE FOURTH KIND:yes:

Njobe
10-25-2009, 10:37 PM

This movie is really, really slow, waste of time and really, really sucked.

thank you, i saw that shit tonight and laughed throughout the movie... i feel like it was a damn waste of $10. i was going to ask for a damn refund. shit is lame as fuck.

A. Tuning
10-26-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm waiting on something GOOD to come out, like M. Night Shalamar's (I mean Shamalama's....or is it Salamander?) "The Last Airbender"....Aang FTW!!!!

Korupshun SXE10
10-26-2009, 07:48 PM
This movie is garbage. Not scary or creepy at all.

marcos713
10-27-2009, 01:16 AM
so i went tonight to check this movie out with my girl and it was alright really didn't exceed my expectations thought it was gonna be more scary but it wasn't.

same here..it was lame

i thought it was awesome. a billion times better than the blairwitch project crap

IMO the blair witch project was better than this. me and my friends used to go down into the silver commet trail and walk around at night ao the kinda made us rethink that and feel stupid for doin that lol. blair witch part2 is pretty decent to. put again these movies are only good the 1st time, if you see them more than 1ce they'l see stupider than the 1st time, jus sayin.

lol thats what i said:lmfao:

marcos713
10-27-2009, 01:39 AM
also my friends girl has this on bootleg already and she said her dvd has the alternate ending that i guess is gona come out on the unrated versiom. she didnt tell me everything b/c she thought it was the ending in theaters.
all she said was at the end katie eats her hand/arm....so im guessing after she does the kamehameha on micha thats when this happens....any1 else heard of this alternate ending? :thinking:

xdavidscenex
10-27-2009, 01:50 AM
went to see this today.....waste of $7.

Justin51982
10-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Reminded me a lot of Blair Witch. It was good in the fact that it was and indi-film and only had a $50,000 budget, $30,000 of which was probably spent on the camera (it was a really nice camera) Good acting, well put together. For that I can appreciate it, but overall, I wasn't a fan.

HYBRIDLS
10-28-2009, 06:32 PM
This movie blows, both the endings suck ass and it is not scary at all.

Homer Simpson
10-28-2009, 07:22 PM
went to see this today.....waste of $7.

atleast you didn't waste $10.50...

jadakid88
10-29-2009, 04:11 PM
lol @ kamehaMEHA....:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
also my friends girl has this on bootleg already and she said her dvd has the alternate ending that i guess is gona come out on the unrated versiom. she didnt tell me everything b/c she thought it was the ending in theaters.
all she said was at the end katie eats her hand/arm....so im guessing after she does the kamehameha on micha thats when this happens....any1 else heard of this alternate ending? :thinking:

IntegraXTR
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
I went to see it in the theaters and have the bootleg. The ending is different, same movie though. In the end when katy goes downstairs after she stands there looking at her bf for a while, she screams and micha goes running after her, about a couple minutes later she comes back upstairs with a knife in her hand and sits down on the floor next to the bed for about 20 hours or so.

Finally her sister shows up and finds micha's dead body, she screams and runs out the house. 20 minutes after that the cops show up, as the cops are coming upstairs with the flashlights on the back room (with the attic) light turns on and then off. When they get upstairs the back room door shuts slowly, at this point katy is no long possessed (sp?), she then gets up and approaches the cops with the knife in her hand looking for micha........So the cops cap her ass a couple times, end of movie.

shits weird man

Jecht
10-29-2009, 05:46 PM
The movie was well done for what it was, but it wasn't all that scary and really didn't live up to the hype.

MR2DR
10-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I went to see it in the theaters and have the bootleg. The ending is different, same movie though. In the end when katy goes downstairs after she stands there looking at her bf for a while, she screams and micha goes running after her, about a couple minutes later she comes back upstairs with a knife in her hand and sits down on the floor next to the bed for about 20 hours or so.

Finally her sister shows up and finds micha's dead body, she screams and runs out the house. 20 minutes after that the cops show up, as the cops are coming upstairs with the flashlights on the back room (with the attic) light turns on and then off. When they get upstairs the back room door shuts slowly, at this point katy is no long possessed (sp?), she then gets up and approaches the cops with the knife in her hand looking for micha........So the cops cap her ass a couple times, end of movie.

shits weird man

word. thanks for alternate ending. +rep

Master Shake
11-02-2009, 10:54 PM

shits weird man
i didn't see 2nd ending you posted. the one i saw, was she stood next to the bed for like 3 hours, goes downstairs, screams like hell, micah goes down after her. you hear screaming for a sec, then its just silence. next thing you know, ol' buddy is getting thrown at the camera setup in the bedroom, and katie slowly comes up with nothing in her hands but has blood all over the front of her shirt. she gets down on all hands and feet and creeps over crab-like. sniffs dude for a sec, then looks up at the camera. moves forward. over.

overall, it wasn't scary, more of just creepy as fuck. had some things happen that would made me shit myself if i experienced it. like getting drug out of the bed while i was sleeping. or the baby powder thing.

yea, more just creepy over scary. just gave me a eery feeling.

hondachik
11-03-2009, 09:09 PM
I just saw this last night. I lol'd when she was drug out the bed. I really didn't get scared until the end when she stood up next to him for those few hours and her "homie" pulled the covers off of Micah. Then when she went downstairs I just expected her psycho ass to go outside again in the cold...but when she was screaming I was like "ooo this bout to get good." But when I heard silence, I knew either Micah was dead, or both. I just assumed both, especially after I heard heavy footsteps. I got SCARED when he flew at the camera. I jumped. That was the only part of the movie I jumped at though. Seriously, I wasn't scared. Even my homeboy I went with was afraid. I mean, I personally would have had a better time if I'd gone to see Saw VI. I expected something to make me shit my pants. I just didn't see any part to why people were walking out of the movie theatre?

Just sayin.

Blownb18c
11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
good movie

SLo_MKIII
11-07-2009, 04:46 PM
I liked it alot... well atleast the girls boobs they were great =)