PDA

View Full Version : In a bind

FAM0U5
09-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey guys I dont know were to put this so I figure I could put it in the WL. In this pass week things haven't gone my way and so I thought things couldn't get much worse, till a few ago when I recieve a call from my mom about my oldest cousin. When I took that call all I knew she was in a accident, to me it wasn't such a huge problem then again I didn't know the gravity of the situation. Ive been updated on her status and such but I just got off the phone with my little cousin and she told me what she knows. As of now my cousin has 3rd dregree burns from chest down, several fractures and broken bones inculding hips. A cut just below her bellybotton to her "area". Apperently it was a five car wreck and shes the only one that has the most damage... some how she ended up under a car thats how she got the burns. So I dont know what to do or know how to help, can anyone help me in this? please keep her in your prayers her name is rosa villavazo.. I am trying everything I can to help her, and what I hate the most that Im in GA and all my family is in cali. So Im selling stuff/car to try to help her or fly over to give support.. thanks in advance for the kind words.

in addition the police wont give out the police report to my aunt and uncle; is that allowed?

Echonova
09-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Damn... Prayers will be said for her. I dunno about the police report, should be public records I would think.

FAM0U5
09-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Damn... Prayers will be said for her. I dunno about the police report, should be public records I would think.

dumb question were would you go for public records or who to ask?

Echonova
09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
dumb question were would you go for public records or who to ask?As long as you have the report # you should just be able to go to the police station, they will charge you a copy fee.

From the San Jose, CA Sherrif's office (IDK where the accident was)
How do I get a copy of a police report after a traffic accident?

Contact the police agency that investigated the accident.

FAM0U5
09-23-2009, 06:05 PM
As long as you have the report # you should just be able to go to the police station, they will charge you a copy fee.

From the San Jose, CA Sherrif's office (IDK where the accident was)
How do I get a copy of a police report after a traffic accident?

Contact the police agency that investigated the accident.

Thanks Ill be texting her that right now.

The Ren
09-23-2009, 06:23 PM
aww sweeite.. done.. if you need anything holla!

NVEOUS
09-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Dude Im so sorry to hear that. I hope everything gets better. Ill have her in my thoughts and prayers.

FAM0U5
09-23-2009, 06:34 PM
thanks for the kind words, just hate the fact im broke and I feel unuseful...

Echonova
09-23-2009, 06:49 PM
thanks for the kind words, just hate the fact im broke and I feel unuseful...I understand your feelings, however selling everything you own to be there and sit in a hospital room isn't going to help either. Sell what you can afford to be without if you must, but just because you are not physically there doesn't mean you can't help. Since you have other family out there she is in good hands. Say a extra prayer, do any research they need, help out as you can as they ask for it. This is going to be a long road to recovery and blowing everything at the starting line is not the way to win the race. IMO

FAM0U5
09-23-2009, 07:09 PM
I understand your feelings, however selling everything you own to be there and sit in a hospital room isn't going to help either. Sell what you can afford to be without if you must, but just because you are not physically there doesn't mean you can't help. Since you have other family out there she is in good hands. Say a extra prayer, do any research they need, help out as you can as they ask for it. This is going to be a long road to recovery and blowing everything at the starting line is not the way to win the race. IMO

true but i already have in mind what I have to sell, such as me having 3 cars, I only need 2. But thanks again for the great advice as you notice I havent delt with situations like this so it seems more dramatic than what it is i suppose.

Echonova
09-23-2009, 07:15 PM
true but i already have in mind what I have to sell, such as me having 3 cars, I only need 2. But thanks again for the great advice as you notice I havent delt with situations like this so it seems more dramatic than what it is i suppose.Be over-dramatic, it's your family, it's ok to be;). However, I am just suggesting you take a deep breath and step back for a minute. Think about the short and long term goals and make decisions based on that, not in a panic to hurry and fix a problem that cannot be hurried-up.

Again, I wish you and your family the best.

quickdodgeŽ
09-23-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't know that accident reports are actual public records. The person involved in the accident can pick up copies, but it takes about 3-5 days before it is available. I'm also sure that if the accident victim is in a state where he/she cannot pick up the report and he/she is under the care of legal guardians, they are allowed to pick up the report. Later, QD.

FAM0U5
09-23-2009, 08:38 PM
reps 2 everyone! thanks for the support

Slomaro Z28
09-23-2009, 09:07 PM
If she is over 18, she might need to sign a Power of Attorney paper, for her parents to get the accident report.

Hope everything works out for the better.

98blackcivic
09-23-2009, 10:09 PM
im very sorry, inshallah your sister will be fine

FAM0U5
09-24-2009, 03:29 AM
im very sorry, inshallah your sister will be fine

its was my older cousin man...

bdydrpdmazda
09-24-2009, 04:21 AM
good luck with everything

Dr.G35
09-24-2009, 05:44 AM
damn man sorry to hear. def will keep her in the prayers.

WTF?
09-24-2009, 10:05 AM
im sorry to hear, she will be in my prayers