PDA

View Full Version : Misc What's with the Braves???

Game2954
10-13-2005, 03:27 PM
For one I am not a Braves fan, but I am a student of the game and history of it. The Braves have won their division (NLWest1990-1993, NL East 1995-2005) fourteen times , World Series appearance 5 times and actually snagging a title in the process. Why is that a team that is almost a lock for the playoffs every year have such terrible fan support? You can litterally walk up to Tuner Field and purchase a ticket for a playoff game!!!

They only average 31,000 per home game which ranks them 15 in MLB! More people went to Nationals games this year!! The Braves attendence has declined every year since 2000. I know that ATL has other sports but during the summer basball should be king. No on wants to see the Hawks play in the spring and all other sports (football, basketball and hockey) start up either late in the season or after baseball is over. Where are the faithful fans at?

Nittanys1
10-13-2005, 04:20 PM
the fans are gone cuz the game they play isnt the same...we have gotten spoiled to how many time we have one...but then go and lose it in the playoffs...I remember going to games in Fulton County Stadium and the entire place would be rocking!!! everyone doing "The Chop" and it was a blast to go...but as the years have past its not the same...and prob never will be...or not until they lost like 6 yrs straight and come back sometime after that....

quickdodge®
10-13-2005, 05:20 PM
^^^ Talk.

Everyone wants to watch the Braves win, but get tired of losing in the post season every year. Plus, the repetitiveness of winning every year means no surprises. Later, QD.

thinkfast®
10-14-2005, 12:50 PM
yea man, its like the Dodgers fans, for years I've been a loyal supporter, and 2004 when they won the NL West on the enext to last day of the season, Dodger stadium went crazy. 2005 season tickets were sold out, and they finished w/ a real crappy year, a lot due to injuries... but its like Quick said, had they BEEN winning and in the playoffs year after year, but no trophy at the end, that shit gets kinda old.

I thought they had a chance this year..

Game2954
10-15-2005, 10:56 PM
I have been a Dodger fan since I was five (Born in LA!!!) and I understand what you are saying. I know some people who say the Braves drop like a $2 hooker in the playoffs, but at least they make it there. And to build on what thinkfast said, it sucks that Jim tracy loses his job after one bad year that wasn't even his fault. The highest paid player on the team hasn't pitched since 2003 (Darren Dreifort) and sooo many injuries and clubhouse madness... but yet I still bleed Dodger blue. No matter what I will still be part of the Dodger faithful!! I am just kind of shocked to see a successful franchise no really have a strong fanbase.

thinkfast®
10-16-2005, 02:23 AM
yea thats true. sucks that Tracy lost his job, but he was the one who agreed to the terms (3 years w/ an opt out clause in the second? they wanted to make sure '04 wasn't a fluke) I just hope next year we can have everyone healthy, Gagne, Izturis...

Hey man what part of LA you from? I was in Pico/Union District, moved to Boyle Hieghts for a bit before comin out here in '98... you been back out?

Game2954
10-17-2005, 09:18 PM
I was born in Inglewood a block away from the Forum on Manchester.. My pops still lives out there I was there last summer, litterally every summer I visit him. No place like home

thinkfast®
10-17-2005, 09:58 PM
awesome man. I was out there earlier this summer, damn it felt good rollin through the old 'hood, cruisin down Wilshire, Whittier... man thats the shit!! and you know we hit up Roscoes off Pico :D