PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Job... College Grad. help! lol

LeX
09-22-2009, 08:53 PM
I have an associates and a bachelors from Emory University and worked in Law, Medical, Manufacturing and Hospitality Fields.

I really need a job, whatever. If I could make just $500 a week I would be able to survive but i'm loaded down with debt and bills and a kid on the way and right now I can't live off $300 a week. Even $500 a week would be alright...

i'm looking for a full time job and if I could just make as low as $500 a week i'd be straight for right now... below is my resume. I've sent my stuff to temp agencies but nothing yet ,. Anything let me know!! resume below.

I have a big technical and customer service background i've done computer stuff like hardware software maintenance troubleshooting whatever... but mostly in my jobs its been customer service/administrative with also technical stuff

------------------------------------
(addy deleted for forum)
[email protected]

Education Background:
Bachelor of the Arts with focus in Sociology and Economics from Emory University: Class of 2008
Associate of the Arts from Oxford College of Emory University: Class of 2006
High School Diploma: Woodward Academy. College Park, GA: Class of 2004

Results-oriented and driven professional with a willingness to please the customer and with a strong technical background

Work Experience:

The British Connection: Atlanta, GA
August 2007 – Present
Creation and maintenance of company websites and network
Worked with and maintained databases pertaining to clients and a variety of different tours and programs
Communicated with clients to create new business relationships for overseas travel and tourism
Trade show work interacting directly with customer for sales and building partnerships

DBS Manufacturing: Atlanta, GA.
June 2007 – August 2007 : seasonal position
Responsible for maintaining existing customer relations and creating new sales
Checked on maintenance/schedule of products sold to existing customers
Maintained database of customers: Made sure all
needs were met in relation to parts and maintenance of products

Hill, Kertscher and Wharton: Atlanta, GA
June 2004- December 2006
Created computer database pertaining to open casework
Responsible for special assignments and legal casework
Data entry and database maintenance in relation to patent and trademark database
Concentration in patent and trademark law

Emory University Spine Center: Atlanta, GA
June 2003 – June 2004
Responsible for basic filing tasks and general office related administration
Computer work including Word and Excel related documents and spreadsheets
Maintained integrity and organization of company employee records

Other Relevant Experience:
Operated own online business since 1998:
Buying and selling of consumer electronics: experience with web commerce
Design and construction of computer systems for online sale
Experience in website creation and maintenance
Experience with online marketing and research
Knowledge of computer systems, maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting
Background in network construction, diagnosis and maintenance
Consistent and proven customer service background
90+ WPM typing and data entry experience

TIGERJC
09-22-2009, 10:10 PM
att is hiring for retail position, most part time reps average 2500-3k a month

LeX
09-22-2009, 10:39 PM

sounds good ill give it a shot

bigdare23
09-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Emory doesn't have career services for it alumni?

LeX
09-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Emory doesn't have career services for it alumni?

they are crap

AnTi-PooN
09-23-2009, 01:14 PM
they are crap

my friend just graduated from there, and they found him a job making 65k sarting out...

tmoney11286
09-23-2009, 01:23 PM

This. is. true.

LeX
09-23-2009, 06:46 PM
my friend just graduated from there, and they found him a job making 65k sarting out...

what major?

JessAlba452
09-23-2009, 11:27 PM
You can work my old oil analysis lab tech job. Full benefits life/health/dental with paid vacation it's very easy work. Starts @ $10/hr 8hrs 5 days/wk and weekends off.

LeX
09-24-2009, 09:29 PM
You can work my old oil analysis lab tech job. Full benefits life/health/dental with paid vacation it's very easy work. Starts @ $10/hr 8hrs 5 days/wk and weekends off.

can you work part time?

JessAlba452
09-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Def not lol. The shift starts @ 3PM.

You can try O'Rilleys :D I know they need ppl and start at 9 or 10/hr depending on the job.

LeX
09-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Def not lol. The shift starts @ 3PM.

You can try O'Rilleys :D I know they need ppl and start at 9 or 10/hr depending on the job.

the stn mtn one does. others ive had no luck

AnTi-PooN
09-25-2009, 02:54 PM
what major?

business

LeX
09-25-2009, 05:33 PM
business

was that an MBA or just an undergrad? cause that's killer for an undergrad business major if so.. they got absolute lucky as freakin balls lol

Verik
09-28-2009, 05:23 PM
was that an MBA or just an undergrad? cause that's killer for an undergrad business major if so.. they got absolute lucky as freakin balls lol

lol.... um... average starting pay for business has gone down but its still around 50k. A friend of mine graduated a year ago fall from UGA business with a bba and picked up a job in February making 49k. Before the downturn most BBA's would come out making 60k, average salary for someone with an MBA is usually 80-100 before bonus.

Apply at Ernst & Young... they have a presence downtown and last I checked they have positions available in Atlanta. You said you have economic background so maybe it'd interest you?

tmoney11286
09-28-2009, 09:08 PM

??

I came out at 65k with a Political Science major and business minor...

LeX
09-28-2009, 10:42 PM
??

I came out at 65k with a Political Science major and business minor...

right into this economy right now?

All the folks I graduated with aren't making that sort of money if they have found anything at all. Most are working for clear wireless making nothing or something of the sort haha

tmoney11286
09-29-2009, 01:01 AM
right into this economy right now?

All the folks I graduated with aren't making that sort of money if they have found anything at all. Most are working for clear wireless making nothing or something of the sort haha

graduated in May 2008.

LeX
09-29-2009, 08:41 AM
graduated in May 2008.

tell me your secret then haha. Folks I know who could afford it (or rather parents could) just went to grad school. I may be going back if I can somehow afford it