PDA

View Full Version : Misc Getting rid of ANTS

SPOOLIN
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
just moved into my house....ants are driving me crazy, getting in cars, crawling on house....they get in sometimes for stupid shit like cat food but i immediately wipe them out. What can I do that will take care of them. Its new construction but we took 2 years to build it.

bigdare23
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
grits

BluesClues
09-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Bomb your house.

neon_ert3
09-23-2009, 07:32 AM
grits

i heard that takes a couple days but works great :goodjob:

Kevykev
09-23-2009, 08:33 AM
just moved into my house....ants are driving me crazy, getting in cars, crawling on house....they get in sometimes for stupid shit like cat food but i immediately wipe them out. What can I do that will take care of them. Its new construction but we took 2 years to build it.

Hahaa you have the same problem I HAVE right now. I keep spraying ,they keep staying.

They infiltrated this car that I was selling to, new owner didn't really care but damn. Didn't know they rolled like that.

My buddy told me that grits works.

j0nbunklah0m
09-23-2009, 09:10 AM
call terminix!!

BABY J
09-23-2009, 09:20 AM
SPOOLIN -- use the Amdro man. We used it when I was in the military and it was game over. Spraying is a waste of time.

S2KJD
09-23-2009, 09:23 AM
there is ant killer you can get at any HD and the powder works great and you can use much less than recommended and it still is effective fyi. it smells like rotten broccali just to warn you...

BABY J
09-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Amdro doesn't smell - and you watch the ants take it "home" and feed it to the rest of the tards...

quickdodgeŽ
09-23-2009, 09:39 AM

If this is a recent problem, then it would be because of the rain we've had. The water is saturating the ground and flooding them out. They move to higher, drier grounds so they go where they have to. Rainfall is also the reason why you'll see above ground and below ground mounds. When rain seeps into the ground, the ants make their homes above ground.

If this is a problem previous to the rain we've been getting lately, then the Amdro idea is the way to go.

Grits is an old home remedy, but it doesn't really kill the source or residual problem. It's a quick, spot on "solution."

Bombing the house would be a waste of time and money as the source is more than likely NOT inside your home.

Being a pest control person for 6 years taught me a good bit. Later, QD.

Austin?
09-23-2009, 11:49 AM
pour gasoline in a spray bottle

when you see them you'll know what to do

Echonova
09-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Amdro for the immediate kill, then cover the mound(s) with cornmeal. The ants eat it, feed it to the queen, can't digest it, die.

White vinegar also works.

leobond001
09-23-2009, 02:25 PM
pour gasoline in a spray bottle

when you see them you'll know what to do

thats what we used to do ant mounds outside, turm em up, gas and fire

SPOOLIN
09-23-2009, 02:48 PM
theres not any mounds. i can see the fine dirt like its where they are...but no mounds...they are just everywhere. Im gonna get the AMDRO today or tomorrow and feed those retards. lol I want them off my damn house and cars mainly.

should i use the spray or what?

dorin48
09-23-2009, 03:16 PM
QD is definitely right about the rain. They are charging into my house furiously through the window and door sills under the siding so I cant spray them until they are already in my kitchen. :cussing:

SPOOLIN
09-23-2009, 04:58 PM
you could spray them where they are entering the siding. thats what ive been doing. Im going to kill them all very shortly LOL.

BABY J
09-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Screw the spray - ants can smell too. AMDRO --- feed them, they feed the queen - mound - game over.

LongLiveH2b
10-03-2009, 01:46 AM
buy two bags of sugar and sprinkle them all over your next door neighbors yard and surely they'll leave your place...lol ...theres a do-it-yourself pest control places that sell really good products that actually work, theres one off of chamblee-tucker rd. I-85 exit, right next to the shell

ItsBlack
10-03-2009, 01:47 AM
boil hot water and pour it down an ant hill

edit: nvm, no mounds

N/A EK
10-03-2009, 03:19 AM
Few had the same issue couple weeks go... I bought spmething @ home depo, and it help really good, just dont know the name right now... But i will let u know tomorrow.

evogotspray
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
man i know that feeling. just got a house myself.. and had the same prob...i just called the pest control guy out. because everything i tried didnt work .. lol