PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Gran Turismo 5: Finally a release date!!!

dc2teg2006
09-22-2009, 02:16 AM
Yep, been waiting for this thing for the longest, now I can finally get my hands on it!!:boobies:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B002BSA1C6/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=468642&s=videogames

"Well, we can put all the rumor-mongering to rest. Reader Larry Spector emailed us this morning with confirmation that Gran Turismo 5 will hit the shelves (and obliterate the productivity of thousands of PS3 owners) on December 29. Is Larry a sneaky Sony employee? Nope, he's a regular Amazon user like the rest of us, and today, GT5 showed up as a Gold Box item for him. The pre-order page (http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Playstation-3/dp/B002BSA1C6/ref=xs_gb_20_left-3_3_B002BSA1C6?pf_rd_p=451293501&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=13FHAAZ92ZXZMT2EFYA8) now features the release date, so wives, girlfriends, and other assorted family members expecting holiday togetherness can now formally make plans to leave us alone as we spiral into full-on, anti-social gamer mode the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. Though, we have to say -- releasing the game before Christmas might have been the smart move, guys. Regardless, order's been placed. What're you waiting for?"

link: http://www.autoblog.com/page/6/
http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Playstation-3/dp/B002BSA1C6/ref=xs_gb_20_left-3_3_B002BSA1C6?pf_rd_p=451293501&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=13FHAAZ92ZXZMT2EFYA8

ItsBlack
09-22-2009, 03:16 AM
Dammit!! I thought I had another year before I had to buckle down and buy a ps3 lol. Better start saving. That's way sooner than expected. I don't think I'll be over COD MW2 before December though...

Spectic Tank
09-22-2009, 12:16 PM
This isn't on Sony's website, and Amazon has given false release dates in the past. I'll reserve my excitement until something official.:2cents:

punkr6
09-22-2009, 12:24 PM
This isn't on Sony's website, and Amazon has given false release dates in the past. I'll reserve my excitement until something official.:2cents:

thats what i'm saying, release dates change all the time...

dc2teg2006
09-22-2009, 06:26 PM
thats what i'm saying, release dates change all the time...

let hope it is true that it gonna be release on dec. 29

Vteckidd
09-22-2009, 06:28 PM
highly doubt it, GT5 they said was slated for next summer or next fall, not this fall.

I doubt they would go head to head with FORZa3

81911SC
09-22-2009, 06:30 PM
I'll be LOLing when it doesn't.

Andr3w
09-22-2009, 11:12 PM
It honestly probably won't come out 12/29. If it doesn't that just gives me more time to play Forza 3

dc2teg2006
09-22-2009, 11:25 PM
on GTplanted.net during GamesCom, the brochure that was handed out by Polyphony hinted the released date will be in the 4 quarter of 2009.

gran-turismo-5-brochure

For those of you out there who still aren’t convinced of Gran Turismo 5’s pending 2009 release date, take a look at the game’s official brochure handed out at last week’s GamesCom convention. Snapped by RiseOfGames, the brochure was quickly translated by forum users – but you don’t have to be fluent in German to figure out what “4. Quartel 2009″ means. Via user G.T.Ace:

Developer: Polyphony – Platform: PS3
Genre: Racing – Number of players: T.B.A.

Release: 4th Quarter of 2009

THE ULTIMATE RACING GAME RETURNS

(lots of stupid PR blah blah, really nothing important)
The player can choose between over
1000 cars to race on incredible detailed racetracks and unlock PlayStation Trophies (blah).
The new NASCAR and WRC championships improve the Gran Turismo experience. Players are challenged to fight their way up the online leaderboards against other racedrivers from all over the world.

Kazunori Yamauchi also hinted that after the release of PSP GT, that GT5 will shortly be released worldwide.
In his latest interview with Italian gaming site MultiPlayer.it, Kazunori Yamauchi doesn’t shy away from nearly confirming a “simultaneous world release” for Gran Turismo 5. A worldwide release has been widely rumored after our own Amar212 first hinted at the fact way back in April, and it is looking more and more certain with each passing day. Yamauchi was also asked about Gran Turismo 5 feature list, which GTPlanet managed to grab before it was quickly pulled from Polyphony Digital’s website. Although he comes short of explaining why it was posted, he confirms the information is true. Yamauchi goes on to discuss how the new damage feature will affect a car’s handling characteristics, and goes on to say there will be “real NASCAR races.” Finally, Yamauchi retierates that the game will run at in full 1080p resolution at 60 frames-per-second.

Although there is no official English transcript for the interview, we can thank our own RoadRunner99 for offering the following translation of the most important questions:

MultiPlayer: GT5 Release?
KY: ”The game is still under development but its release is not too far, it will be after the PSP GT release and, very probably, it will be a simultaneous world release”

MultiPlayer:What about the game features that were published on the official japanese site, 1000 cars, 80
tracks and YouTube download?
KY: ”We would like to wait to publish them, but what you read on the site is true.”

MultiPlayer: Is there something new in the single player mode
KY: ”If you look at the PSP version, you’ll see that the game is very different from the previous Gran Turismo versions. The 5th episode will have many similar features to the PSP version”

MultiPlayer: How the damages will influence the gameplay?
KY: ”The damages are not only visible, they will affect the driving style.
It depends on the player, some players will like it, others will not”

MultiPlayer: Will we have Nascar and WRC championships in the game or just the cars?
KY: ”There will be real Nascar races
in the game. Nascar had necessary to be included
in the game. Regarding WRC championship we have been trying to add it to series since long ago. Now we got it.”

At the end KY confirmed 1080p and 60 fps.
Link:http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-q4-2009-release-date-confirmed/
http://www.gtplanet.net/worldwide-release-for-gran-turismo-5-probably/

Andr3w
09-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Whoa there will be damage on this one? That is awesome. One of the only things I did not like about the series

Andr3w
09-22-2009, 11:30 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=gran%20turismo%205

Demsum
09-22-2009, 11:37 PM
highly doubt it, GT5 they said was slated for next summer or next fall, not this fall.

I doubt they would go head to head with FORZa3

Why wouldn't they go head to head. Since they are both exclusive to their own systems, I don't think it would hurt sales. I think they specialize in different things. Forza cannot look better than GT because of the systems power, and GT will probably not compare to Forza when it comes to customization.

quickdodge®
09-23-2009, 08:11 AM
It is announced on other sites that it won't be coming out until February of 2010. Thus showing that everyone is just speculating. Later, QD.

Demsum
09-24-2009, 02:00 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1027969p1.html

If this date sticks March 2010 will bring GT5 and God of War in the same month. Maybe people will be ready to put down Modern Warfare 2 by then.

81911SC
09-24-2009, 04:48 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1027969p1.html

If this date sticks March 2010 will bring GT5 and God of War in the same month. Maybe people will be ready to put down Modern Warfare 2 by then.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
I can't believe people still buy these "release dates".:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
You don't know when it's coming because I'm damn sure even they don't. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

bdydrpdmazda
09-24-2009, 04:54 AM
ill get it whenever it comes out, whenever that may be. The GT series is notorious for not making any release dates

Echonova
09-24-2009, 06:38 AM
All I know is they have delayed it so long I have stopped caring and will probably pick up a used copy from GameStop somewhere around 2015 when it's on clearance.

sprix!
09-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Whoa there will be damage on this one? That is awesome. One of the only things I did not like about the series

Yeah- they did it to be competitive with other games. I remember reading that one of the main designers didn't want to do it, as it pained him to watch such beautiful cars being destroyed. I kind of liked the no-damage thing, but it just isn't realistic.

thepolecat
09-24-2009, 07:23 AM
All I know is they have delayed it so long I have stopped caring and will probably pick up a used copy from GameStop somewhere around 2015 when it's on clearance.

Thats about when I'll get my PS3 finally too!

dc2teg2006
09-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Sooo, all the rumor now says march of 2010, and that not the worldwide release date... How long has it been since gt4 came out? lol... Well it will give me time to save up for the vision racer:2cents:

ItsBlack
09-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Sooo, all the rumor now says march of 2010, and that not the worldwide release date... How long has it been since gt4 came out? lol... Well it will give me time to save up for the vision racer:2cents:

Feb 22nd 2005.

For some reason I remembered that off the top of my head.

EJ25RUN
09-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Everything in this thread about dates is wrong.

TODAY.....Kaz said Japan's release is March of 2010 and we don't know about NA and Europe.

Paree4g63
09-24-2009, 09:42 PM
I am getting this game regardless. :D

PS3 FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!