PDA

View Full Version : Misc So...who is an Officer in the Armed forces and who is in the Enlisted

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Like the title says..who's an officer and who is enlisted. Why did you choose to be one or the other

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I guess ill start. I joined the Air Force as Enlisted and now I am enrolled at Gainesville State and joining their ROTC program were i will commission as an Officer. I will eventually transfer to UGA though

Revmaynard
09-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Lol, of course you'll start, you started this thread.

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Lol, of course you'll start, you started this thread.

lol...i never noticed your sig...i love that car. Is it yours?

b16EG-HaTcH
09-21-2009, 10:23 PM
well im not technically enlisted yet, but next month i ship to basic training for the army. when i attended college in savannah i was in the ROTC program b/c i wanted to start off as an officer, but long story short i didnt finish school (ran out of money, and my wife got pregnant) so i decided just to go in as a regular enlisted soldier, and go back to school w/ my army college fund and MGIB.

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 10:25 PM
good shit man. you cant really go wrong with any route that you take. Were is your basic gonna be?

b16EG-HaTcH
09-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Ft.Knox, Kentucky. i have always wanted to join the military and planned on going right out if high school (i was in JROTC and it seemed like a good path) but my junior year i met a girl (who is now my wife LoL) and got a pretty good job my senior year so i put the military on hold. then we decided to move to savannah to go to college and i found out about their ROTC program and that got me interested in the military again. then i got laid off from my most recent job, and the military was still in my mind....and uncle sam is always hiring..LoL but i will go in as an E3 (PFC) b/c of my high school JROTC so it's all good.

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah thats what i went in as was an e3...but in the AF its not pfc it A1c= Airman First class

b16EG-HaTcH
09-21-2009, 10:42 PM
cool. i am so ready to go though....i have been in the DEP for months. but it meant getting the MOS i wanted and adding airborne to my contract so it will be worth the wait i guess.

Blownb18c
11-03-2009, 11:50 PM
i leave for Navy boot camp in March as an aviation structural mechanic........cant wait to leave Macon

cbr900rrguy
11-04-2009, 11:53 AM
i leave for navy basic in january and am right now trying to go in as an E3. i'm at E2 right now, but got my friend to join and he went in as nuke. so hopefully everything goes according to plan and we both get E3.

Just_CHill
11-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Been the Army National Guard for about 6 years as enlisted. Also came in as a E-3 and hopefully will be getting my E-6 next year. But being enlisted gets old quick though. I'll be going WOC (Warrant Officer Candidate) soon after I get home from Afghanistan.

Just_CHill
11-04-2009, 12:22 PM
cool. i am so ready to go though....i have been in the DEP for months. but it meant getting the MOS i wanted and adding airborne to my contract so it will be worth the wait i guess.
I know he is having a blast! I went to Ft Knox for basic and AIT too. I was a 19K (M1 Abrams Armor Crewman) at first. Then reclassed to a 25B (Information Technology Tech). Hopefully I will be able to go see him graduate, but I'm not sure if we will get back home in time enough.

dohc4.6sc
11-18-2009, 09:06 PM
enlisted here, came in as pfc as well and i am now a pv2 (bad shit happens to good people, specially while drinking lol) but i love the military and got the best first duty station i could imagine, but i do plan on putting in a packet for woc as soon as i hit spc.

dallasb84
11-20-2009, 02:58 AM
i leave for Navy boot camp in March as an aviation structural mechanic........cant wait to leave Macon

good shit..... very good job field..... i was that in the airforce..... get ready for pensacola....well if they still have school there.....

it was the SHIT MAYNE....

dont fuck up...... if you do well and get to work on fighters...... like the f-35 in the next few years..... no matter what you will be making 6 figures (with lots of overtime and per diem):D...

ask me how i know.

95alty
11-21-2009, 01:34 PM
E5 and will be an 01 in May

jhadleyh
11-21-2009, 01:42 PM
E5 and will be an 01 in May

Hell yeah man that's the way to go. I will be going to OTS (Officer Training School) as soon as I am eligible.

One_Bad_SHO
11-21-2009, 05:40 PM
I ship out in April.

QUESTION: Can parents/friends send GNC weight gainer or protein to you during bootcamp? I want to bulk up as much as possible.

dohc4.6sc
11-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I ship out in April.

QUESTION: Can parents/friends send GNC weight gainer or protein to you during bootcamp? I want to bulk up as much as possible.

negative

95alty
11-22-2009, 01:00 PM
I ship out in April.

LOL hell no... dude they are going to carb load the shit out of you... just eat everything you get as fast as possible and if there is peanut butter offered grab as much as possible

95alty
11-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Hell yeah man that's the way to go. I will be going to OTS (Officer Training School) as soon as I am eligible.

Trying lol... its rough shit going from one to the other but hey... whatever... Let me know if you need any help or whatever:goodjob: