PDA

View Full Version : a lil help with my Iphone

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 02:31 PM
So im thinking about jailbreaking my Iphone, and i wanted you know some pros and cons to this. Is it hard to do? Can I un-jailbreak it if i dont like it? People say they are so much better if you jailbreak them so I'm a lil skeptical. Give me some info IA.:cheers:

guinness
09-21-2009, 02:36 PM
be careful with that.apple just took this issue to court and convinced the judge to now make it a crime to jailbreak an iphone because it breaks copyright laws according to the judgement.not saying not to,but just to be really careful.

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
wow....oh well i dont care thanks for the concern but im sure the police wont be beating down my door cause i have a jailbroken Iphone...im still curious about this whole jailbreaking idea

guinness
09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
here's the article about it.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9127978/Apple_iPhone_Jailbreak_hack_violates_the_law

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 02:41 PM
^^^thanks bro

guinness
09-21-2009, 02:41 PM
if still interested,then here are a few items to use.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/jailbreak_iphone/

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 02:43 PM
^^^i have no clue what im lookin at maybe i shouldnt do this lol

guinness
09-21-2009, 02:46 PM
^^^i have no clue what im lookin at maybe i shouldnt do this lol

lol:lmfao::lmfao:!!just be sure to research and look into everything completely and deeply before you attempt or install anything.jailbreaking is possible and quite easy,once studied,but because so many out there are able to do,there means that there are those who are just plain malicious and mean and will put stuff out there to be put on your phone to damage it for no apparent reason other than that they can and will.be careful,like i said earlier,is the first and biggest rule of thumb.

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
^^^repped for good info thanks man

pInoy_R
09-21-2009, 03:31 PM
If you are interested in Jail Breaking... this is where you would get your info on how to do it.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

They are the team that finds the hacks and jail broken options. They are pretty reputable.

Also, pros in jailbroken iPhone, you can get Apps like a Video Camera if you don't have the 3gs. Also, there are some pretty nifty designs you can do, by changing all your icons and their look or even making it look just completely unique to how you feel.

I myself, will be jailbreaking my iphone after the 25th of this month because we get the MMS deal.

The reason why I'm waiting is because after you jailbreak it, if any new updates come out it has to be re-jail broken. I don't like going through the hassles of doing it twice. The dev-team comes up with the jailbroken procedures and makes it pretty easy to understand. Most cases its holding the power button for 10 secs, then the home button for 5, and so forth. The options are on your computer screen so its easy to understand.

Some apps that you might like is...

SBSettings, which allows you to swipe your finger at the top of your home page and from there it drops a menu which allows you access to power options, for example, restart, turn off, that sort of thing. Also, from that you can turn on and off blue tooth, wireless, 3g, place it in airplane mode. Also, it can hide icons you don't use. It is just very nifty.

Many other nifty applications and set-up you can do. Research before you do it. Its simple and easy to do, but it is not for everyone. Some are already confident and satisfied with it the way it is. Hope this helps.

pInoy_R
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Also, once its jailbroken and you don't like it, you can do a restore from a backup or just back to factory. It is really up to you, pretty easy to do, no harm in it.

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
^^^thanks man ill prolly wait till the 25th of this month also i want the new update also

civicturbo10
09-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Through the grapevine - my friends' boss received a letter from Apple / ATT (not sure which) to cease and desist with his jail broken Iphone. Phone was used for 1 yr+ with no updates to prevent detection and possible phone corruption ( not sure what happens when phone is detected). What appears to be happening is ATT / Apple is able to detect hacked (jail broken phones ? - not familiar with Iphone rigs) phones w/o you ever grabbing updates. Keep in mind phone only downloaded apps, never upgraded. Not sure if there is truth to it. Can someone verify / look into? Like guinness says - be careful and research all avenues...

guinness
09-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Through the grapevine - my friends' boss received a letter from Apple / ATT (not sure which) to cease and desist with his jail broken Iphone. Phone was used for 1 yr+ with no updates to prevent detection and possible phone corruption ( not sure what happens when phone is detected). What appears to be happening is ATT / Apple is able to detect hacked (jail broken phones ? - not familiar with Iphone rigs) phones w/o you ever grabbing updates. Keep in mind phone only downloaded apps, never upgraded. Not sure if there is truth to it. Can someone verify / look into? Like guinness says - be careful and research all avenues...

that is the basis of how they do it.look at it like this.if a person gets a computer and has say vista business premium 64-bit with a hashed key,tries to update it but can't,then goes in and adds the .exe updater file,updates and then takes it into a MC repairer or representative,then they will be discovered as having a hacked/cracked/stolen version of windows.being a MC technician,they have to report all work and the rigs they work on as far as the OS,OS type,serials,etc.apple is the same way with the iphones.no update usually indicates something strange and it gets sent to them based on your phone serial and key.there are loop holes in that scheme,but they are not forever and permanent.you have to always go back into it,restore,jailbreak it again,and then repeat the process once a new update comes available just so you wont look suspicious to them.to me it's a vicious loop of repetition that never ends,lol.like i said before....to each their own!!

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 09:54 PM
fuck it im not doing it....sounds like more trouble than i want to fuck with

guinness
09-21-2009, 10:00 PM
fuck it im not doing it....sounds like more trouble than i want to fuck with

lol.i wasn't trying to discourage you from doing it or anything.i just wanted to make sure that you were informed and had at least some kind of an understanding of what you would be getting into and what it would entail to some degree.i'm no expert in this area,but i was just trying to pass along what i knew and have read onto you.

jhadleyh
09-21-2009, 10:03 PM
yeah ive been researching the last couple of hours and the cons could possibly out weigh the pros if they start pressing down on people that are jailbreaking phone's...im gonna wait a lil while b4 i do anything now

Nissan Sean
09-21-2009, 10:03 PM
just jailbreak it. if you need help just google some youtube videos and there are people who will show you step by step how to do it...its easy.

ive had mine jailbroke for a while. i love it. i get to have all sorts of cool backgrounds and access to some really cool third party apps like "backgrounder". which allows you to keep programs running even if you close it...aka, you can surf the web while listening to pandora.. jailbreaking really lets you personalize your iphone so it doesnt look exactly like every other 20 million iphones..

oh and btw, i have had zero problems since jailbreaking. i just cant install new updates.. oh darn!

civicturbo10
09-22-2009, 06:53 AM
I say go for it. Worst that could happen is the company finds out and calls you out on it. Face the consequences if any. I don't believe the penalty will be very severe. If there is a forum dedicated to helping you keep it up and running and circumvent detection then you certainly have great support instead of trying to go it alone. Having a forum goes a long way.

Korupshun SXE10
09-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Biggest pro... Appulous

1000cckiller
09-22-2009, 01:31 PM
AT&T just sent me a message about mms and video messaging.

hurlyfire7
09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
ok, ive seen some good info and some bad info in this thread.. ive been jailbreaking iphones for a good while now.. also, the only company that would be able to "detect" that you phone is jailbroken is apple.. "through itunes".. and the worst that could happen is pretty much nothing.. haha..theres actually a argument about trying to legalize jailbreaking, but apple wont agree because theyd lose a ton of $ through the app store n stuff

jailbreaking is reversable and only takes maybe 10 min to do, just make sure you save your original settings before jailbreak your iphone.. if your no satisfied just restore your phone back to normal

there are a few problems here and there with jailbreaking your phone.. sometimes mine freezes up, but nothing serious.. all in all bro, i think you should jailbreak your iphone.. it opens up the real potential of the phone fosho

and if your unsure on how to do it, just youtube "jailbreaking iphone".. a good/easy program to use is redsnow..

hope this helped you out a lil bit

Black Mamba
09-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Guiness is a fuck tard who's a little pussy.

Who cares? It's your own shit, its like less then 1% that you will get caught. What about people that uses iphones with T-Mobile? Should all of them be convicted?

NO.

So just do it. It's fairly easy.

Plus you get to download all apps for free, so why not? It doesn't fuck up your iphone at all.