PDA

View Full Version : Do highway cameras record??

xR32x
09-21-2009, 02:16 PM
I was involved in a accident early Sunday morning. My question is this, do the traffic cameras on i-85, between shallowford and chamblee tucker, or any of the cameras on the highway for that matter, recorded? The reason i ask is because i did not actually see what car hit me as it was dark and was not paying attention to what was behind me, i was hit lost control of the car, hit the car next to me and was sent 360 all over the highway along with the car next to me, causing a pile up. I am luckily without major injury. Right now i do not even know if the car that hit me was still at the scene because the cops came to my house and gave me a ticket for following to close says that i hit the car that was next to me in the rear, which is ridiculous as i was on next to that car. Sorry for the ramble but do the cameras record, anyone with experience and know any cops and just know, any help would help as i get an lawyer and try yo figure out how i can fight this ticket and best course of action. Thanks.

Futuristic6
09-21-2009, 11:13 PM
not positive, but im going to say no. Call the DOT

02SloWrx
09-22-2009, 12:11 AM
I was involved in a accident early Sunday morning. My question is this, do the traffic cameras on i-85, between shallowford and chamblee tucker, or any of the cameras on the highway for that matter, recorded? The reason i ask is because i did not actually see what car hit me as it was dark and was not paying attention to what was behind me, i was hit lost control of the car, hit the car next to me and was sent 360 all over the highway along with the car next to me, causing a pile up. I am luckily without major injury. Right now i do not even know if the car that hit me was still at the scene because the cops came to my house and gave me a ticket for following to close says that i hit the car that was next to me in the rear, which is ridiculous as i was on next to that car. Sorry for the ramble but do the cameras record, anyone with experience and know any cops and just know, any help would help as i get an lawyer and try yo figure out how i can fight this ticket and best course of action. Thanks.

Damn dude, I think I saw that crash. They like blocked half of the highway. I was pissed sitting in the traffic.

RandomGuy
09-22-2009, 12:44 AM
sounds like you need to file a filibuster

1SICKLEX
09-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Most are just live feeds...they don't record

http://www.georgia-navigator.com/cameras

xR32x
09-25-2009, 09:32 AM
anyone knows a good lawyer?

americanctm
09-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Were you involved in this? Sounds similar to your story.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255746

Edit: Just saw happened on different parts of the highway.

ep9716
09-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Nope they don't