PDA

View Full Version : this city is retarded w/ weather

Paul
09-21-2009, 08:46 AM
alittle rain or snow and this place shuts down... 10 miles to work took me 45 mins this morning... 5 forks and 124/sugarloaf is under water!!! :eek: this is GA not New Orleans :2up:

oneSLOWex
09-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Its bad here too....i mean its raining like a motherfucker...but my normal 15 min drive to work took me over an hour! There was not one single wreck either....fuckin annoying as hell

DJ Maestro
09-21-2009, 08:52 AM
It took me an hour and a half to go about 20 miles this morning. Insane!!! :rant:

k20siboii
09-21-2009, 08:58 AM
School is out here in Gwinnett County. Went to go drop my brother off and the school was deserted.

oneSLOWex
09-21-2009, 09:00 AM
School is out here in Gwinnett County. Went to go drop my brother off and the school was deserted.

Because of rain? WOW!

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Because of rain? WOW!

its flooded, not just rain...creeks/rivers are overflowing, trees down, standing water on low points in road ways

flooded

that's why im posting here and not at work...every street I went down eventually was blocked off

Njobe
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM
yea it took me 2 hours to get to work when it normally doesn't take me about 30min... so i was late almost an hour and a half... and i just went on fox5 news and some 39 yr old woman got swept by a creek in some neighborhood and died

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 09:14 AM
yea it took me 2 hours to get to work when it normally doesn't take me about 30min... so i was late almost an hour and a half... and i just went on fox5 news and some 39 yr old woman got swept by a creek in some neighborhood and died

I tried to go to work...I really did! I drove 2 hours and went only about 10 miles from all the flooded streets.

Buttons
09-21-2009, 09:15 AM
took me over 20 minutes to get to the other side of campus. people can't drive.

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 09:16 AM
took me over 20 minutes to get to the other side of campus. people can't drive.

fuck off, go back to your dorm...I cant sympathize with you

Buttons
09-21-2009, 09:19 AM

i drove to my class. why don't you go stand out in the rain and catch a cold?

i tried to get into the parking lot. and these bitches are like "ma'am this is teacher's parking you aren't allowed in here."

and i show my handicap tag and i said "this allows me in there."

Njobe
09-21-2009, 09:19 AM
I tried to go to work...I really did! I drove 2 hours and went only about 10 miles from all the flooded streets.
I tried to find alternate routes but every where i would go the streets would be shut down lol i was thinking about calling it in but there wouldn't be anything to do at home

Njobe
09-21-2009, 09:20 AM

i tried to get into the parking lot. and these bitches are like "ma'am this is teacher's parking you aren't allowed in here."

the special ed class?

Buttons
09-21-2009, 09:21 AM
the special ed class?

general psychology class. i have a bad foot. but then again, it was the teacher's parking lot so it is special ed.

Njobe
09-21-2009, 09:24 AM
general special ed class. i am retarded. that is why they allow me to park at the teacher section.
if you say so

DJ Maestro
09-21-2009, 09:26 AM

x2

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Buttons
09-21-2009, 09:33 AM
x2

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

why don't you say fuck off in person? LOL /ethug

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 09:34 AM

seriously buttons? that is your complaint about the weather situation...

Im convinced some people need there ass kicked not necessarily because they deserve it...but just so they know what a good solid ass-whooping feels like.

your one of them

Njobe
09-21-2009, 09:35 AM
lol i would rep you right now but i cant :(

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-21-2009, 09:38 AM
No problems with driving in Gainesville. HAHA! The ONE and ONLY time Gainesville might be good for something..

Buttons
09-21-2009, 09:38 AM
seriously buttons? that is your complaint about the weather situation...

Im convinced some people need there ass kicked not necessarily because they deserve it...but just so they know what a good solid ass-whooping feels like.

your one of them

LOL. you need a grammar lesson. at least i'm going to class for something.

it took me about 25 minutes to do a 5 minute drive. and i was late to class. just because you have a sucky life, a mediocre job, fugly clothes, and a crappy car doesn't mean you should hate me for the fact i have opportunities given to me that you'll never get.

i bet you & streetspeed would make great friends. lol

SouthrnStyle
09-21-2009, 09:39 AM
its raining outside

Buttons
09-21-2009, 09:40 AM
its raining outsideare you walking to class?

Njobe
09-21-2009, 09:44 AM
your dumb
on the other hand look at some pics http://www.wsbtv.com/slideshow/weather/20925552/detail.html

Buttons
09-21-2009, 09:46 AM
your dumb
on the other hand look at some pics http://www.wsbtv.com/slideshow/weather/20925552/detail.html

irony: found.

deathrex
Well I woke up to a nice puddle on my drivers side floor board. No I didn't leave a window down. My 09 jeep Grand Cherokee yes brand effing new jeep is leaking from the roof. It's sitting at the dealership now. Oh well maybe get a new car cause I doubt they'll fix it. Apparently theve refunded 26 people for this problem.

StreetHazard
lol i would rep you right now but i cant :(

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine in Douglasville, he said he has about 3in. of water in his living room! He said he used every piece of clothing and bed sheet in his house and shoved them in pillow cases to wedge under the doors of his house to keep the flooding back.

Njobe
09-21-2009, 09:47 AM
irony: found.
im foreign could care less about spelling properly as long as people know what i'm saying i'm good

Buttons
09-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Well I woke up to a nice puddle on my drivers side floor board. No I didn't leave a window down. My 09 jeep Grand Cherokee yes brand effing new jeep is leaking from the roof. It's sitting at the dealership now. Oh well maybe get a new car cause I doubt they'll fix it. Apparently theve refunded 26 people for this problem.

getting a new car is always a good thing. at least you found out the problem sooner than later.

how have you been?

Njobe
09-21-2009, 09:49 AM
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine in Douglasville, he said he has about 3in. of water in his living room! He said he used every piece of clothing and bed sheet in his house and shoved them in pillow cases to wedge under the doors of his house to keep the flooding back.
damn thats messed...there is going to be a lot damages and most people here don't even have flood insurance

Buttons
09-21-2009, 09:50 AM
im foreign could care less about spelling properly as long as people know what i'm saying i'm good

does it seem like i care if you're foreign? if you can't speak/spell basic english, maybe you should get the fuck out of this country.

just FYI, next time you tell someone that they are dumb, say "you're dumb."

P.S. you're dumb.

Njobe
09-21-2009, 09:51 AM
you're fugly how about that one

Buttons
09-21-2009, 09:51 AM
you're fugly how about that one

i know :) but i'm not trying to impress you. i have someone.

quickdodgeŽ
09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
does it seem like i care if you're foreign? if you can't speak/spell basic english, maybe you should get the fuck out of this country.

P.S. you're dumb.

How about you leave the country. Or at least the site. And it's funny how someone like you calls someone else dumb. Hmmmm. Game recognize game is a timeless adage and applies directly here. Fucking idiot. Later, QD.

Njobe
they must be blind

quickdodgeŽ
i have someone.

You forgot the ess at the end of someone. Later, QD.

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 10:03 AM
LOL. you need a grammar lesson. at least i'm going to class for something.

it took me about 25 minutes to do a 5 minute drive. and i was late to class. just because you have a sucky life, a mediocre job, fugly clothes, and a crappy car doesn't mean you should hate me for the fact i have opportunities given to me that you'll never get.

i bet you & streetspeed would make great friends. lol

geezus...well since that is your barometer for success and what life is measured by...I guess I should just put a gun in mouth.

but more accurately if that is your idea for success it should be your brain matter against wall you superficial egotistical twat.

...your a child and you dont know me, I own a home (not a dorm or with mommy and daddy) I worked and paid my own way through school.

excuse me if my priorities are a little different

SouthrnStyle
09-21-2009, 10:07 AM
are you walking to class?

No but i did see you in the parking deck this Am

Buttons
09-21-2009, 10:08 AM
You forgot the ess at the end of someone. Later, QD.

Just wondering, old man, when did they make a Pontiac GA?

I love that you call me an idiot :)

Buttons
09-21-2009, 10:11 AM
geezus...well since that is your barometer for success and what life is measured by...I guess I should just put a gun in mouth.

but more accurately if that is your idea for success it should be your brain matter against wall you superficial egotistical twat.

you dont know me

judging by the fugly pants you wear to meets, i have to say i think my life is definitely better than yours.

No but i did see you in the parking deck this Am

i think i saw you the other day, but i wasn't for sure. do you park in the visitor's parking sometimes?

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Hmmm... Is it too early for popcorn?

SouthrnStyle
09-21-2009, 10:14 AM
i think i saw you the other day, but i wasn't for sure. do you park in the visitor's parking sometimes?[/quote]

when outside of the SS building? And yeah i parked there this morning and mostly all the time haha

Buttons
09-21-2009, 10:16 AM
when outside of the SS building? And yeah i parked there this morning and mostly all the time haha

well i don't know what you look like, so i'm just going by the car in your sig. i saw someone by it the other day in the north parking deck i thought it might have been you.

but yeah, i have three classes in the SS building. i had trouble parking in Lot C earlier.

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
you keep thinking that Ill think about it when im lounging in my PJ's in my HOUSE and not in a dorm room or at mommy and daddies.

excuse me if my priorities are on different level kid

Buttons
09-21-2009, 10:20 AM
you keep thinking that Ill think about it when im lounging in my PJ's in my HOUSE and not in a dorm room or at mommy and daddies.

excuse me if my priorities are on different level kid

i'm 18 years old and a sophomore in college. my priority is to graduate college. i'm doing pretty good. and don't be jealous to the fact my parents can/will help me with stuff. jealousy isn't a good look.

collins
09-21-2009, 10:22 AM
lol. bandwagons :lmfao:

Buttons
09-21-2009, 10:23 AM
lol. bandwagons :lmfao:

how was the rain while driving the GTO?

quickdodgeŽ
09-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Just wondering, old man, when did they make a Pontiac GA?

You don't know that much about cars do you, dummy?

I love that you call me an idiot :)

They say the truth hurts. I guess some are are so used to it, they become immune to the pain. Later, QD.

DJ Maestro
09-21-2009, 10:25 AM

P.S. you're dumb.

Why should he leave the country? Because he is foreign? Maybe you need to pay a little more attention at school and you'd realize that this country was founded and built by foreigners. America is by far the most culturally diverse country in the world. It would do everyone living in this country some good to learn a little tolerance for their neighbor. Now, I will agree that if someone wants to call the U.S. home then yes, they should learn at least basic English. That being said, knowing the difference between your and you're is not basic English to people who do not speak English as their first language. I give tons of respect to all the immigrants in this country who can speak, read, and write even basic English because it shows that they are making an effort to be a part of this society.

You, Buttons, clearly serve no purpose to this society and therefore it would behoove you to quit taking advantage of the system with your little foot owie and go play in traffic.

kthxbai :goodjob:

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 10:26 AM
i'm 18 years old and a sophomore in college. my priority is to graduate college. i'm doing pretty good. and don't be jealous to the fact my parents can/will help me with stuff. jealousy isn't a good look.

WOW and im done

:goodjob:

deathrex
09-21-2009, 10:27 AM
getting a new car is always a good thing. at least you found out the problem sooner than later.

how have you been?

I was doing alright untill I got home. My basement is flooded. Just finished it last month. Im pissed. But my home owners insurance is gunna cover it. Either way it's a pain.

Buttons
09-21-2009, 10:29 AM
You don't know that much about cars do you, dummy?

They say the truth hurts. I guess some are are so used to it, they become immune to the pain. Later, QD.

grand am, i can think of, but that's a bad code for it.

Njobe
09-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Why should he leave the country? Because he is foreign? Maybe you need to pay a little more attention at school and you'd realize that this country was founded and built by foreigners. America is by far the most culturally diverse country in the world. It would do everyone living in this country some good to learn a little tolerance for their neighbor. Now, I will agree that if someone wants to call the U.S. home then yes, they should learn at least basic English. That being said, knowing the difference between your and you're is not basic English to people who do not speak English as their first language. I give tons of respect to all the immigrants in this country who can speak, read, and write even basic English because it shows that they are making an effort to be a part of this society.

You, Buttons, clearly serve no purpose to this society and therefore it would behoove you to quit taking advantage of the system with your little foot owie and go play in traffic.

thank you... i know the difference but i do not apply it unless i am writing a paper for school or something import... this is a forum i just kick back and relax.

collins
09-21-2009, 10:30 AM
I was doing alright untill I got home. My basement is flooded. Just finished it last month. Im pissed. But my home owners insurance is gunna cover it. Either way it's a pain.
talk about shitty! i have a sump pump under my house so it doesnt flood.... BUT it turned over when it kicked on last night... luckily it didnt flood in, but i still gotta get under the house today and get it functional again. dammit.

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 10:31 AM

Ohhhh Nooooo.....that really really sucks it hard

Buttons
09-21-2009, 10:31 AM

I don't care if he is foreign. There are many foreign people here in the US, duh. I just can't stand people who can't speak/spell basic English. Re-read it, you look dumb as hell.

btw, next time you see me in person. tell me how you feel. you are funny to see in person, because you won't say shit. LOL

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 10:32 AM
I don't care if he is foreign. There are many foreign people here in the US, duh. I just can't stand people who can't speak/spell basic English. Re-read it, you look dumb as hell.

btw, next time you see me in person. tell me how you feel. you are funny to see in person, because you won't say shit. LOL

just leave buttons, grown folks are talking here...you need to sit at the little table

Buttons
09-21-2009, 10:33 AM

That's shitty. I've heard of a few more people who had their basement flooded and they didn't get flood insurance. That's good that you got it for yourself.

Anytime you have to deal with an insurance company, it's a pain.

quickdodgeŽ
09-21-2009, 10:35 AM
grand am, i can think of, but that's a bad code for it.

I'm not in the secret service so what do I need with a code?

I'd rather have someone around me that may not know a lot of English than to have a drug-infested person near me. You're just a rebirth of the pot/kettle adage. You try to get on here and flame people (unsuccessfully I might add) as if you're high and mighty and held in good regards here. You're one of the most disrespected people on here. So what's the point. You're just a walking contradiction. Later, QD.

DJ Maestro
09-21-2009, 10:41 AM

Ok, tell me about what I just wrote makes me look dumb as hell. I expect you to include proper detail of why what I said makes me look dumb. I will not accept..."because you are just dumb" or "because you are a meanie poopy head."

Buttons, you want shit in person? I'll give you shit in person. Come prepared you little whore. :goodjob:

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 10:44 AM
shes just a kid, dont get upset....I mean, wouldn't you feel slightly bad for smacking her around like a naughty child?

aaronfelipe
09-21-2009, 10:47 AM
2 hours to go 35 miles for me..

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 10:48 AM
2 hours to go 35 miles for me..

but you still have to get back home later on..more rain expected

Njobe
09-21-2009, 10:49 AM
that is why im not even taking lunch... by the time i get something to eat my lunch would be over

deathrex
09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
talk about shitty! i have a sump pump under my house so it doesnt flood.... BUT it turned over when it kicked on last night... luckily it didnt flood in, but i still gotta get under the house today and get it functional again. dammit.

yeah mines sumped aswell. But it flooded from the outside in.

That's shitty. I've heard of a few more people who had their basement flooded and they didn't get flood insurance. That's good that you got it for yourself.

Anytime you have to deal with an insurance company, it's a pain.

I don't have flood insurance I just told them water was coming into my basement. They said to get a quote for repairs and the check will be on the way lol.

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 10:58 AM
yeah mines sumped aswell. But it flooded from the outside in.

I don't have flood insurance I just told them water was coming into my basement. They said to get a quote for repairs and the check will be on the way lol.

AWESOME! you got lucky or something

aaronfelipe
09-21-2009, 10:59 AM
but you still have to get back home later on..more rain expected

Yeah, I'm probably going to work late today...till 7pm or so..

Njobe
09-21-2009, 11:00 AM
yea same here lol no other choice

deathrex
09-21-2009, 11:08 AM
AWESOME! you got lucky or something

hell yeah I did. I love usaa though. Just tell them something they say get a quote here's the check. Same thing with the hail damage on my roof.

DJ Maestro
09-21-2009, 11:10 AM
shes just a kid, dont get upset....I mean, wouldn't you feel slightly bad for smacking her around like a naughty child?

Normally, I would never even think of hitting a kid, but in her case I would be quite tempted to make an exception. :lmfao:

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Emergency workers in the Atlanta suburb of Lawrenceville found a woman dead in her sunken vehicle after it was swept off a road by flooding Monday, said Capt. Thomas Rutledge of the Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services. He had no further information about the woman.

"In my 22 years in the fire department here in Gwinnett we have not experienced flooding to this degree," Rutledge aid.

V
V
V
V

I saw the traffic backup for this, its down the street from my house!

Njobe
09-21-2009, 11:13 AM
yea i saw that earlier... pretty sad

FTMFL
09-21-2009, 11:48 AM
This thread had potential.

I'm foreign. The name is Fez.

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Word to the wise: I used to say stupid shit when I was 18 too... I caught hell until I grew up. Autumn, get used to it and don't retaliate. You really do show your age and IQ when you "fight back." They will win everytime. (Especially QD.)

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
This thread had potential.

I'm foreign. The name is Fez.

I was thinking FES (Foreign Exchange Student)???? Am I wrong?:thinking:

punkr6
09-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm in Ellenwood and its hot as hell and sunny...

FTMFL
09-21-2009, 12:01 PM
I was thinking FES (Foreign Exchange Student)???? Am I wrong?:thinking:
I was thinking about The 70's Show.

cjhutch
09-21-2009, 12:05 PM
I live right off New Chastain Rd. down the street from KSU. Just got back home from a short trip to the store. The roads are crazy right now and I took side streets. I stay at the top of a small hill on our cul de sac and the people at the bottom have a pool, small lake, and horses. Looking from my backyard I can see their entire backyard is flooded. I really hope they got those horses out. I tried to take some pics for you all, but they look like crap.

Here is one from my driveway towards the back of the home two houses down. All that brown stuff is rain. Beyond that is the last house that I mentioned above.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2heznme.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ak9zd5.jpg

My backyard

http://i33.tinypic.com/ifu000.jpg

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 12:08 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

blaknoize
09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
A, at least ur out of a drought :bigok:

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-21-2009, 12:20 PM
I was thinking about The 70's Show.

I know.. I think it's FES.. Hellfuck - I dunno

Buttons
09-21-2009, 12:21 PM
in my knee high boots:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2ur59oy.jpg

FTMFL
Ehhh, I went by the way it's spelled on the closed captions lol.

collins
I live right off New Chastain Rd. down the street from KSU. Just got back home from a short trip to the store. The roads are crazy right now and I took side streets. I stay at the top of a small hill on our cul de sac and the people at the bottom have a pool, small lake, and horses. Looking from my backyard I can see their entire backyard is flooded. I really hope they got those horses out. I tried to take some pics for you all, but they look like crap.

Here is one from my driveway towards the back of the home two houses down. All that brown stuff is rain. Beyond that is the last house that I mentioned above.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2heznme.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ak9zd5.jpg

My backyard

http://i33.tinypic.com/ifu000.jpg
DUDE! thats crazy!

Buttons
09-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Well it's official, campus just got shut down.

BobbyFresco
09-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Wow @ the pics.
Seems awful.
I'm glad we're not having these issues in SC.

HypnoToad
09-21-2009, 12:29 PM
its sunny on the soutside.

Njobe
09-21-2009, 12:31 PM
thank god i order my intake bypass valve lol couple more days and i would of been screwed

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
in my knee high boots:

now stick your head under it, and don't hold your breath...

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 12:40 PM
thank god i order my intake bypass valve lol couple more days and i would of been screwed

I got a full CAI for the fucking loss....might as well be a straw

Njobe
09-21-2009, 12:42 PM
takes me like a minute to get to the speed limit lol... im afraid if i press the gas even slightly it will suck water and ill hydrolock it :(

DJ Maestro
09-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I got a full CAI for the fucking loss....might as well be a straw

Rut row Raggy, I hear a slurping/gurgling noise coming from under the hood. :eek:

1SICKLEX
09-21-2009, 12:43 PM
why don't you say fuck off in person? LOL /ethug

lol!!! Buttons ftw!

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 12:46 PM
I drove through a bunch of standing water on my way to tunerfest over the weekend...I saw the puddle about 2 sec. before I hit it and I just shut the car off and rolled through it.

not good having to that

DJ Maestro
09-21-2009, 12:47 PM
I drove through a bunch of standing water on my to tunerfest over the weekend...I saw the puddle about 2 sec. before I hit it and I just shut the car off and rolled through it.

not good having to that

Yeah, that would have turned to epic fail if you would have not made it all the way through the water. :doh:

Njobe
09-21-2009, 12:48 PM
yea i'm thinking about just throwing the cold air out and putting a short ram in... to big of a risk this way

DJ Maestro
09-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Short Ram FTW!! :goodjob::D

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Short Ram FTW!! :goodjob::D

hmmm I got one in the garage as well but I dont have a air filter to fit it!

Njobe
09-21-2009, 12:54 PM
ebay.com and find yourself a filter :D

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 12:58 PM
gawdangit Njobe! I wont need it by the time it gets here LOL..and If I cant leave to pick one up, how could it get delivered

I just need a raft...maybe some little "floaties" for my upper arms or better yet an ark

Njobe
09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
idk about you but im starting to build a noahs ark 2... all you animals on here can come aboard :lmfao::lmfao:

tdurr
09-21-2009, 01:01 PM
A, at least ur out of a drought :bigok:

lol thats wut im sayin.

Hulud
09-21-2009, 01:01 PM
this is GA not New Orleans :2up:

does this mean i have to return all the heineken i looted today?

Greddypacked
09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Wow i tried to go to an office meeting on Windy Hill rd. I went to get on 575S but it was flooded up to 4 ft at the entrance w/ 4 cars underwater :eek:. This stinks... plus we are getting more rain the rest of the week.

Hulud
09-21-2009, 01:05 PM
the thing i love is that KSU is shut down so i dont have to goto my last class w00t!

cjhutch
09-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Wow i tried to go to an office meeting on Windy Hill rd. I went to get on 575S but it was flooded up to 4 ft at the entrance w/ 4 cars underwater :eek:. This stinks... plus we are getting more rain the rest of the week.

What exact were coming off? I usually get on 575S from the Chastain exit. You can probably drive down Bells Ferry and be alright.

Greddypacked
09-21-2009, 01:08 PM
What exact were coming off? I usually get on 575S from the Chastain exit. You can probably drive down Bells Ferry and be alright.

LOL that's where it is flooded, Bellsferry entrance to 575. I will be underwater if I attempted to get on. What sucks is I had to drive threw some thick water and I have a CAI. My car sputtered a lil bit so i shut it off real quick. Let it sit for 5 minutes or so... then it started w/ some hesitation and I got home. Before I drive it again and it totally dries out, im going to drain all the oil and do a oil flush threw out. Then change the oil, im not about to risk f..king anything up.

collins
09-21-2009, 01:08 PM
damn! seems like north west of atlanta is getting hit really hard! its not too bad over here in stone mtn *knocks on wood*

Hulud
09-21-2009, 01:09 PM
chastain is shut down from what ive heard

Blitanicle99
09-21-2009, 01:13 PM
KSU is closed, there is a foot of water in the social science building, INSIDE the building.

My street is underwater, traffic blows. I hate this weather.

Blitanicle99
09-21-2009, 01:15 PM
chastain is shut down from what ive heard

Chastain is royally fucked. I just took a little drive to see how bad it was.... ridiculous, my roomate left his jeep in the parking deck (2 foot deep) and walked home.

Njobe
LOL that's where it is flooded, Bellsferry entrance to 575. I will be underwater if I attempted to get on. What sucks is I had to drive threw some thick water and I have a CAI. My car sputtered a lil bit so i shut it off real quick. Let it sit for 5 minutes or so... then it started w/ some hesitation and I got home. Before I drive it again and it totally dries out, im going to drain all the oil and do a oil flush threw out. Then change the oil, im not about to risk f..king anything up.
intake bypass valve... order one, i just did lol

Buttons
KSU is closed, there is a foot of water in the social science building, INSIDE the building.

My street is underwater, traffic blows. I hate this weather.

I was just there for class and they had emergency lighting on for awhile. But damn, it has escalated.

Hulud
Chastain is royally fucked. I just took a little drive to see how bad it was.... ridiculous, my roomate left his jeep in the parking deck (2 foot deep) and walked home.

thank god i left campus early this morning lmao

Buttons

which parking deck?

Hulud
09-21-2009, 01:17 PM
which parking deck?

guessing east or maybe central but i dunno

Blitanicle99
09-21-2009, 01:18 PM
which parking deck?

East deck

Buttons
09-21-2009, 01:19 PM
guessing east or maybe central but i dunno

my car is in the north parking deck and i'm debating on moving the car. it's not on the bottom floor, which is flooded, but the 2nd floor drain doesn't do the job really well in light rain.

collins
09-21-2009, 01:19 PM
jeez, good thing it didnt rain like this on saturday! tunerspash REALLY would've been so.... again... lol

Greddypacked
09-21-2009, 01:20 PM
WOW it has stopped raining for a lil bit. It's been raining cats and dogs for over 10 hrs :no:.

Greddypacked
09-21-2009, 01:21 PM
my car is in the north parking deck and i'm debating on moving the car. it's not on the bottom floor, which is flooded, but the 2nd floor drain doesn't do the job really well in light rain.

DONT MOVE IT, YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DO. If you live on campus I would suggest walking back to your place.

Hulud
09-21-2009, 01:22 PM

you live in the villiage?

no point in moving it now

cjhutch
09-21-2009, 01:25 PM

I think public school is getting out right now and it's going to be hell out there. It's a good thing I took the day off today. By Bells Ferry I'm guessing you are talking about right there at the bridge where 575 goes over Bells Ferry. I wonder what the bridge area is like on Barrett where 575 crosses over by exit 1? That spot is always backed up when the weather is perfect.

Buttons
09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
DONT MOVE IT, YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DO. If you live on campus I would suggest walking back to your place.

is it bad over there? the walk over there won't be too bad. i have rainboots and an umbrella. i just want my car to be safe.

you live in the villiage?

no point in moving it now

yeah, the 2000 building... did you see my pic of the water up to my knees?

Blitanicle99
09-21-2009, 01:29 PM

I don't know about the North deck, you should be fine in the second floor though.

Greddypacked
Cjhutch Yap, it's crazy.

Lol a guys sewer in my neighborhood has so much water in it, the sewer is literally throwing water back up like a huge water sprout lol. Not fun.

Buttons
I don't know about the North deck, you should be fine in the second floor though.

but the second floor is the ground floor on one entrance. :(

Blitanicle99
09-21-2009, 01:30 PM

Pics or GTFO

Blitanicle99
09-21-2009, 01:31 PM
but the second floor is the ground floor on one entrance. :(

See if you can't move it to the 3rd floor?

If not, go buy some jackstands and a jack :D

Put that fucker in the air like 3 feet

Buttons
09-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Pics or GTFO

Hulud
09-21-2009, 01:40 PM

nah i ddnt see the pic.

my gf used to live in the 2000 till this semester. now she lives in UP (i think thats the name)

the place on the south side of campus (by the baseball field)

Hulud
09-21-2009, 01:41 PM

lol damn

cjhutch
09-21-2009, 01:50 PM
UPDATE: Just went back outside and the two homes at the end of the cul de sac are now flooded. The one I showed a picture of earlier is now under water all the way to the top of the garage. It's going to be a complete loss for them and they had the best home on the block easily. They did get the horses out and their tractor is now parked in my driveway. It really sucks what's happening to them. If you notice in the second pic and compare it to the ones I posted earlier the water is rising quite quickly. The swing set is fully submerged and that fence is about to completely collapse at any moment.

http://i38.tinypic.com/dxcx0o.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/8vw944.jpg

Hulud
09-21-2009, 01:55 PM
shit son

Njobe
09-21-2009, 01:59 PM
holy shit man... sucks for that guy if he doesn't have flood insurance he is screwed

FTMFL
09-21-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm worried what's gonna happen to my neck of the woods as the storm makes its way up here.

1SICKLEX
09-21-2009, 02:44 PM
4 more inches expected tonight

87 Turbo II
09-21-2009, 03:09 PM
hmmm I got one in the garage as well but I dont have a air filter to fit it!

so run filterless for a few days/weeks. ITB cars do it all the time.

Also, rotary engine FTW, hard as HAIL to hydrolock, and no damage can come even if I DO hydrolock, also my intake sits on TOP of my engine.

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 03:13 PM
so run filterless for a few days/weeks. ITB cars do it all the time.

Also, rotary engine FTW, hard as HAIL to hydrolock, and no damage can come even if I DO hydrolock, also my intake sits on TOP of my engine.

im going to do this right now...thanks!

Paul
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
UPDATE: Just went back outside and the two homes at the end of the cul de sac are now flooded. The one I showed a picture of earlier is now under water all the way to the top of the garage. It's going to be a complete loss for them and they had the best home on the block easily. They did get the horses out and their tractor is now parked in my driveway. It really sucks what's happening to them. If you notice in the second pic and compare it to the ones I posted earlier the water is rising quite quickly. The swing set is fully submerged and that fence is about to completely collapse at any moment.

hey man mind if i lounge in your hammock :lmfao:

cjhutch
09-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Well Fox 5 news is right down the street interviewing him right now. I just came back from picking up some of the neighbors kids from the high school. The bus turned around and took them back because Chastain is closed.

Blitanicle99
09-21-2009, 03:57 PM

http://i38.tinypic.com/dxcx0o.jpg

Damn, I hope they don't have Allstate for their insurance company... Otherwise, they will be getting a new house for sure! (I am an Insurance Adjustor, I know what a total loss looks like)

FTMFL
09-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Looks like they left the window open in the first pic.

cjhutch
09-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Well the news has left and here is a picture from the front. You can really see how all their land is flooded. All that open space back there was where the horses used to stay. The house next door to theirs is also flooded, but it's a split level so the damage is a little less. I don't think the water has reached their front door yet, but the garage is gone for sure.

http://i33.tinypic.com/r0du1z.jpg

Futuristic6
09-21-2009, 05:10 PM
This is crazy, Never have i seen rain like this in ga. and to the people who have CAIs, I got caught in a flood today and possibly hydrolocked my engine, Im hoping I just fried the MAF, had to be pushed out of the water by a park ranger then towed to a shop. I sat there listening to his scanner for awhile, nothing but calls of people stuck in cars and closing roads.

Paul
09-21-2009, 05:42 PM
dude GA got OWNED!!!

http://www.wowowow.com/files/imagecache/slide/2009_0214_istock_government_bailout.jpg

Greddypacked
09-21-2009, 06:51 PM
This is crazy, Never have i seen rain like this in ga. and to the people who have CAIs, I got caught in a flood today and possibly hydrolocked my engine, Im hoping I just fried the MAF, had to be pushed out of the water by a park ranger then towed to a shop. I sat there listening to his scanner for awhile, nothing but calls of people stuck in cars and closing roads.

No shit right. Luckily it only happened to me 2 streets down from my house on the way back to it. Once I went thru the puddle at high speed to get out of the thick water my car started to sputtered. I quickly turned it off and let it sit for 5 minutes. It started and hesitated but got it back to the house which is on a hill. Hopefully nothing happened, but to be sure I will drain the oil when it dries out and oil flush it, and do an oil change b4 I drive it again, so i dont have a mixture running thru the motor just incase.

Revmaynard
09-21-2009, 06:53 PM
The government needs to make it stop raining.

VooDooXII
09-21-2009, 06:54 PM
My school commute took me an hour and a half.

That's an average speed of like...12 mph. Awesome.

Greddypacked
09-21-2009, 06:56 PM
My school commute took me an hour and a half.

That's an average speed of like...12 mph. Awesome.

I drove from Windy Hill to Canton rd exit from 75 to Shallowford driving at that speedlimit. :eek: I could have driven those lil go carts from those points faster than I did in a 250 hp car lol. Talking about bumper to bumper the whole way :no:.

BABY J
09-21-2009, 07:43 PM
The government needs to make it stop raining.

Hmmm...

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/090920-nasa-noctilucent-cloud-rocket.html

csmiths
09-21-2009, 08:09 PM
i took the canoe this morning and it only took me about 30 min to atl from kennesaw

MissCourtney
09-21-2009, 09:28 PM
charlie i think i was behind you in my one person kayak

VooDooXII
09-21-2009, 10:53 PM
I drove from Windy Hill to Canton rd exit from 75 to Shallowford driving at that speedlimit. :eek: I could have driven those lil go carts from those points faster than I did in a 250 hp car lol. Talking about bumper to bumper the whole way :no:.

Luckily, my professor "forgave" all tardies and absentees because there were just so many. :dunno:

cjhutch
09-22-2009, 09:13 AM
This will show you how fast water moves. Once it stopped raining the water actually broke through and started to flow off. These are pictures I just took about 10 minutes ago.

http://i36.tinypic.com/33wvztd.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/169nd03.jpg

Greddypacked
09-22-2009, 09:44 AM
^ Ya I know that's crazy. Shoot from Sunday to Monday at 12ish pm. it rained hard non stop, that's what caused the major flooding. That's around 10 hours of constant pour or more that was building up w/ the flooding that was already there.

allout13
09-22-2009, 11:28 PM
http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs220.snc1/8732_1124253342626_1115880593_30394402_4686812_n.j pg

Skorcher
09-23-2009, 07:23 AM
^^ Doh, ya beat me to it.