PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the car pics section gets redundant after an event?

87 Turbo II
09-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Just saying, whenever something really big and local comes up, do you think it would make the car pics section a better place if mods grouped these threads, or is everyone happy with it this way?

This is a straight screen shot, not edited to move these threads near each other, they were on the front page in this order at the time:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/eastermonkey/redundancy.jpg

I personally think it's a hair too redundant, and gets a little annoying, but I wondered if anyone else saw it this way or if I am crazy.

StreetHazard
09-21-2009, 08:17 AM
yea...I agree, I think people that have pictures should just post them all in 1 thread

HeLLo iM iZzY
09-21-2009, 08:26 AM
You just happen to have an issue that others don't.

OCD.

87 Turbo II
09-21-2009, 08:31 AM
You just happen to have an issue that others don't.

OCD.

Well that is what this thread was made to find out, but so far, it hasn't fully answered the question, as I can only take your post to represent 1 person, not speak for an entire board.

See, I take pictures myself sometimes, and I can understand wanting people to judge your pics apart from others, but is the personal exclusiveness and 4 or 5 separate links to different levels of talent worth the trouble of searching around for different pics of the same thing, or scrolling past these threads if you don't want to see the coverage?

40th GT
09-21-2009, 08:31 AM
:dunno:

Redundant or not they seem to get a lot of attention.

Paul
09-21-2009, 08:43 AM
lol we were talking about this at mainstream b/c off all the rollout threads we said there would be 10x as many picture threads :lmao:

oneSLOWex
09-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Different people make different threads for the pics they took of whatever event it is. Big deal. Its better than having one cluster fuck thread with everyones "cool pics, bro" replies and then having more pics added. Its the car pics section anyway....they have pics of cars.

Nemesis
09-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Everyone is a photographer these days because they have a fancy camera or think they are awesome at it.

I hope someday this "phase" will pass. The real photographers dont post their stuff anymore, and I understand why.

bdydrpdmazda
09-21-2009, 08:53 AM
INTERESTING

87 Turbo II
09-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Yeah, going along with what you said Nemesis, the real photographers don't post up so much. The one benefit of multiple threads of the same content would be to find the serious photographer's post and ignore all of the amature "I just bought a DSLR so I must be good" threads. Since however, it's mostly sitting on the skilled amature level, it's all about the same, and for that reason, I think mods should mege the threads into "one clusterfuck thread" of tons of pics, and then delete all of the pointless "cool pics, bro" "nice pics" replies and keep the relevant car or photography related ones like "what are the mods on the 240 in picture #___" or "I really like the contrast of picture #__"

Maybe that's just me though. A lot of the replies in this thread have no definite answer to my question.

blacknightteg
09-21-2009, 09:18 AM
yes, i do think it gets redundant. i put a link the thread that george made in teh mods section cause i think its a good idea to divide stuff.

BKgen®
09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
I think you should stop your whining and just refrain from clicking Tunerfest threads.

;)

tdurr
09-21-2009, 03:20 PM
I think you should stop your whining and just refrain from clicking Tunerfest threads.

;)

ding ding ding!

02SloWrx
09-21-2009, 03:26 PM
It doesnt bother me.

bowdown201
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Dont really see what the big deal is. When you click on the thread all the pics are in the first post, and if they wanted to add more they can just edit that post and add more. If all the pics were in one thread youd have to go through pages and pages just to see what pics other people took.

wantboost
09-21-2009, 03:32 PM
no likey no clicky.......

it is not like you dont know what you are going to see when you click on the link:2cents:

uproot
09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
I think chad's TF pics thread was the best :goodjob:

Revmaynard
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
I think everyone sucks.

1SICKLEX
09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Well everyone wants their reps and props for pics. The mods don't exactly mod :D so there is hardly thread merging. Its not too bad though, once you seen one thread you know they will all likely look the same. When the guys with the 5 grand cameras post, well thats always interesting:)

Revmaynard
09-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Well everyone wants their reps and props for pics. The mods don't exactly mod :D so there is hardly thread merging. Its not too bad though, once you seen one thread you know they will all likely look the same. When the guys with the 5 grand cameras post, well thats always interesting:)

You just want reps in general. ''REP ME OR DIE'' LOLOL

Futuristic6
09-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I think someone went to MSN